Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
chaparral2300 - Stay away from this one. >

chaparral2300 - Stay away from this one.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

chaparral2300 - Stay away from this one.

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 07:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default chaparral2300 - Stay away from this one.

Short story:

Purchased this group of items from me.

Someone else approached him with something he wanted to purchase, he asked me for a refund.

I denied his refund with a long detailed explanation why, he then proceeded to announce he was going to open a PayPal claim and get his refund that way.

Well, now he filed his PayPal claim, and in an effort to get his refund, he is attempting fraud to try and make them side with him.

I shipped him every last item listed in that post, and every item in the pictures on that post, and in his PayPal claim he says I shipped him a rock. Which is completely ridiculous, and a flat out lie.

I would absolutely NOT recommend dealing with this one.

Woops, did you forget I took pictures of it, all packed up before I re-sealed it?
Old 05-08-2012, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

do you have tracking info? if so give it to paypal. i always take pics of the contents in the box and pics of the box being taped up and shipped off.

good luck hope it works out for you.

forgot to say this guy sounds a scumbag.

Last edited by Graphite07; 05-08-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:39 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

I am not surprised to see this post . Many people posted the same as I did in his post about you. Do not ship it just refund the money and move on . I hate to see this kind of stuff because now both of you look bad. Him for backing out you for continuing a deal you new he didn't want and yes I can see both sides of the deal.
Remember sentence number three is just my opinion.
Rod
Old 05-08-2012, 09:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I could see this happening from the left coast. In your pictures its hard to see what you sent.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

All of this could have been avoided if you just simply refunded him the item before you shipped it, yet you decided to send it knowing he didn't want it and now you want to complain about it???????? I agree with others that theirs fault on both ends but this could have been completely avoided, so in the end you put yourself in the situation with paypal.......
Old 05-09-2012, 03:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Very true, but all is well. I hate to break it to him but he will not be getting his way, my close friend and personal attorney is getting some paperwork together in the event that he wants to continue this charade, then Mr. Debo is getting sued.

40 year old children need discipline as well.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 157 (100%+)

Well all this scenario has taught me is to show me 2 people not to deal with.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

You're wasting an awful lot of time and money to sell $100 worth of used RC stuff.

All of this could have been avoided if you had refunded his money. The same advice you were given by everyone in the last thread on this subject. The one that got locked because we all kept saying "refund and move on" and you kept insisting on beating your head against the "a deal is a deal" wall.

Good luck with your case. I hope Lionel Hutz carries the day for you.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I still can't believe you shipped this stuff to him after all the BS that happened. I don't think you have anyone to blame but yourself. As for suing, lol, what a joke. You must bet getting counsel for free because most people, in their right mind, wouldn't waste the time and money over a small lot of R/C parts.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sedative
Very true, but all is well. I hate to break it to him but he will not be getting his way, my close friend and personal attorney is getting some paperwork together in the event that he wants to continue this charade, then Mr. Debo is getting sued.

40 year old children need discipline as well.
Ahhh, when the Lawyer enters the ring, just remember, A lawyer with his briefcase can steal more than a hundred men with guns.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 187 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scottgir
Well all this scenario has taught me is to show me 2 people not to deal with.

Yep IL +2

I wont repeat what everyone else has already said, but you only have yourself to blame. Enjoy dealing with the mess you created.

Here is the original thread

http://www.rctech.net/forum/trader-f...eat-hobby.html
Old 05-09-2012, 09:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kylar
Yep IL +2

I wont repeat what everyone else has already said, but you only have yourself to blame. Enjoy dealing with the mess you created.

Here is the original thread

http://www.rctech.net/forum/trader-f...eat-hobby.html
Gotta agree with you and Scott.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I think he needs the money to run his generator outside his room. Where is the beer and popcorn when you need it?
Old 05-10-2012, 06:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default bring in the attorney

I love when people threaten to get attorneys involved over trivial sums. Last time I looked, an attorney's time costs at least $100 an hour (usually much more.) To put a letter together, certify it, mail it, follow up, etc, will take at least an hour. I also question the intentions of a lawyer that would even do this kind of work.

99% of the time, the threats are empty, and since everyone knows it, the person threatening it looks silly.

If you look at the original post, the problem is not as simple as a person backing out of a sale for no reason. The items didn't seem to be what he wanted, and the cancellation was requested before anything was shipped, and before any cost was spent shipping, etc. So instead of refunding the money and moving on, the seller decided to force the sale, and ship the items anyway.

There is a lesson in all this, and it isn't favorable. The right thing to do was just to refund the purchase. Who will buy anything from the seller after reading this saga?
Old 05-10-2012, 07:20 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Aren't you the guy that still shipped the items even when the guy told you he didn't want it before you actually shipped it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.