Wiki Posts
Search

Unsure of seller..

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 02:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Unsure of seller..

Has anyone had any issues with 4x4slasher? I purchased a SC10 4x4 from him with some extras included. I know he had some injury related issues that severely slowed down the process of him shipping it to me and I am fine with that. He always responded quickly when I asked for any updates related to it being shipped. It has now been two weeks since I last heard from him and in that message he informed me that it had been priority shipped. He also told me that he lost the tracking number but would message me when he found it. It still hasn't arrived yet and it has me worried because I have repeatedly messaged him asking for info but have no replies since. So now I am worried that he is trying to scam me, but its odd because he has very good trader feedback here.

I know it can take a bit to ship from Washington to North Carolina, but it shouldn't take this long. Because of this I am now two races behind in the standings for the 4x4 SCT class. So any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Hopefully you paid via paypal and as a non-gift (goods), if so I'd file the claim right now. It looks like hes been on this forum in the last couple of days and if you have not heard from him in two weeks that is one sign to watch out for. The other is the old "lost the tracking number", not saying it can't happen but as a seller that is something you should always know where its at. As far as the injury I don't know any details on that, but to me that is another sign, alot of scammers will use oh I had a family emergency etc etc, so to me with all these signs I'd file the claim now. Even if the sellers statements are all true its better to protect yourself before its to late........
Old 03-16-2012, 02:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Just tried to file a claim, but apparently it was sent as a gift. I don't even remember choosing that option..

So unless there is another way to do this, it seems my butt just got scammed... Now isn't that magical..
Old 03-16-2012, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wolf16731
Just tried to file a claim, but apparently it was sent as a gift. I don't even remember choosing that option..

So unless there is another way to do this, it seems my butt just got scammed... Now isn't that magical..
Did you pay using a cell phone or tablet?
Old 03-16-2012, 02:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

I don't think so. Pretty sure it was with my computer.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wolf16731
I don't think so. Pretty sure it was with my computer.
IC, well unf. since item was paid for as a gift there is nothing you can do about it really, just hope that he didn't rip you off and you end up getting your package.......
Old 03-16-2012, 06:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

You can always try contacting paypal and pleading your case. You have nothing to lose.

He's active on the forum, so he should respond to your pm's.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How did you send your address? As far as I know, PayPal does not let the receiver of a PayPal Gift transaction know the sender's address, as it is not intended for selling goods or services. Did you give it to him through email or PMs? And are you sure the address given was correct?
Old 03-16-2012, 07:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by LaTuFu
You can always try contacting paypal and pleading your case. You have nothing to lose.

He's active on the forum, so he should respond to your pm's.
I can always try that.

Originally Posted by SeberiusOne
How did you send your address? As far as I know, PayPal does not let the receiver of a PayPal Gift transaction know the sender's address, as it is not intended for selling goods or services. Did you give it to him through email or PMs? And are you sure the address given was correct?
I PM'd my address to him, and the address given is definitely correct.
Old 03-17-2012, 01:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

just went through paypal claim for another scammer (hope thats not the case). they worked hard and really surprised me in the effort and communication. I did not pay as a gift though. You should get ahold of them as soon as possible. 100% of my money back in my pocket. GOOD LUCK
Old 03-17-2012, 04:55 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

some guy paid me like that not too long ago. he used his mobile device to pay me so it came though as a gift. it was a pain in the arse too because i had to manually enter in all of his info into the usps site. it seems to me that you used a mobile device and accidentally paid as a gift. the seller was probably normally a stand up guy, but just couldn't resit the allure of free money.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

That's the scary part IMO, a buyer pays as a gift on accident and even the most stand up guy with good feedback see's just that, "free money". I hope this isn't the case, and I'm not saying it is but I've seen it happen.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Sorry to say noone needs keep the torch lit. I just got home today after getting the bck surgery that I told wolf that I was in line for over a month ago. I wwill also be checking into this situation on Monday, and if need be, I have my racer sc10 siting here, as it doesn't look like I will be racing, as the surgery wasn't very succesful. Have a nice day.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SeberiusOne

Just to clarify this. I just looked at the payment details, It did not charge me any fees, so I would say either he paid as a gift, or ate the fees, neither of which I asked for. As for the address, when he bought the truck he was preparing to be transferred from I think North Dakota, to North Carolina, and informed me he did not have an address I could send to.
I said that was fine, and upon receiving payment, I boxed the truck and spares up, and it sat in my closet waiting for an address, quite a bit of time passed, then I got a pm giving me an address, so then it was on me to find a way to get it mailed, long story short, my life was not being cooperative, so it took me a good little bit, but I did send it out when I told him I did, and I am going to investigate it first thing Monday morning, and as I said, I have my personal sc10 4wd and I will send it if need be. I have been burnt before and I know how it feels, I am not that kind of person. Thanks for the audience.

Robert.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Oh. I assumed you already had the surgery thing when you sent it. My bad on that one. My original intention on this thread was to find out if anyone had any bad experiences with you. After two weeks of nothing, I was getting pretty worried.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.