Wiki Posts
Search

Some People...............

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 06:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Thumbs down Some People...............

I’ve Been racing RC cars since 1985……. Back When RC racing was a hobby, and as such, people with the same interest helped each other out, and shared a common “Bond”.

I Had to take a break some years ago when I screwed up my back. 3 Surgeries, $8200 worth of titanium holding my back together, and almost 4 years later I began looking to FINALLY put together enough stuff to go race, and get my grandson involved in what I and My son so enjoyed. ……..RC CAR RACING……..

Found some FAIR deals on several of the RC swap boards, and found some, that although items were sent and “functional” I had been better off without.

Than I got involved in THIS DEAL...

I was looking to get my grandson a speed control for the B3 I picked up. Nothing Fancy, just something that worked.

Found an ad here on RC tech for an LRP super sport for $40. After several emails with the seller, I was told the speed control was 100% FUNCTIONAL and that if I paypal’d $33.85 to the seller he would send me the ESC. I paypal’d the person $34.00.

An LRP Super sport ESC arrived today via USPS. As the mailperson handed me the package, they commented about the smell coming from it. I opened it up to find the bottom of the case of the esc half off. And NO SWITCH, the switch wires were soldered together as can be seen in Picture 1 and 2

Took off the bottom with ease to find the bottom of the esc circuit board gooped up with what appears to be hot glue.. Picture 2

NOT TOO GOOD SO FAR

Pop off the heat sinks and pull the top of the case off to find a MESS. The top of the case INSIDE has a distinct burn in it above the BURNT components.

These Pictures show what I found inside the “100% FUNCTIONAL” Speed control I was sold.

$34.00 isnt a LOT of money to some, but to ME, having to survive on a fixed disability check, it IS…A LOT. (4% of a months income nowadays.)

MORE painful than the $34.00 screwing I took on this (so far) was the look in my grandsons eyes as we excitedly opened up the smelly package to get out HIS speed control……and the question HE asked….

“Grandpa, why did that guy send me THAT, broken thing?”

As his Ole grandpa, I have spent the last 6 years answering 1000’s of “why” questions quickly and honestly……..

This time, the little guy stumped me……

Maybe some of you guys can help us out……….

WHY would a guy sell a speed control that he KNEW DAMN WELL didn’t work, claiming that it “worked perfectly”?

Were you starving and needed food money my friend?

Maybe WHEN I post your name and PHONE NUMBER on every RC board, and when the rest of us RC Hobbyists hear of your plight, they will all band together to give you a call......just to make sure you're OK..... we wouldnt want you to starve to death

Old 01-10-2005, 06:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

What an idiot....I would shove it right up his lyin azz...But thats just me
Old 01-10-2005, 06:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Not to fear this fireman will put out that fire send me and address and your grandson will have a used but working GT7 to power that buggy FREE of CHARGE here is my email address

[email protected]

Last edited by 3derwood; 01-10-2005 at 06:58 PM.
Old 01-10-2005, 06:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

wow very cool..
Old 01-10-2005, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default edkaz

You need to post his name and not have more harm come to others. Thats just being a sorry person in life to do that to anybody in life selling junk like he did.
Old 01-10-2005, 06:48 PM
Tech Addict

first that was very nice to give the gt7 man. hey you and your grandson need anything i will give you some stuff to help out all i can. that was a very mean thing of that guy to do. give me a hollor. ive got a Gp 3300 matched pack in great shape. give me an adress and its yours.
Old 01-10-2005, 06:50 PM

Trader Rating: 130 (100%+)

3derwood has my vote for RC Humanitarian of the Year Award. Now post this guys name so we can try to prevent this from happening again. If nothing else send a pm to me with his name and I will research all of the boards I visit and gather as much info as possible and be MOST HAPPY to share it with everyone.
Old 01-10-2005, 06:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hell of a nice thing to do 3derwood!!!

These are the people much more representative of our hobby than the piece of crap that took advantage of you....

Ron
Old 01-10-2005, 06:54 PM
Tech Addict

i always wished i could have had a mentor with me and having fun together with r c cars. 3300 comin your way. pm me you adress.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:02 PM
Tech Regular

Default dng

dang that has to suck but if u still want a speedy i have a lrp ipc sport i swear it works and its in good condition i do have pictures i dont screw people.thanx
cory i really feel bad for ur grandson and u i hope all turns well my phone # is 918 8692518
Old 01-10-2005, 07:03 PM
Tech Master

Post Deleted

Last edited by Paul_TC4; 01-11-2005 at 01:11 PM.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:08 PM
Tech Addict

yea, me too. sum people. just plain mean.
i would love to help, but as a highschool kid going into finals week, the best i can offer you is a i feel sorry for you post .
Old 01-10-2005, 07:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

3derwood............

I REALLY appreciate the offer but, (call it STUPID PRIDE) I will have to decline.

The purpose of my post was NOT to solicit handouts or "sympathetic bargain deals". BUT as YOU my friend CLEARLY demonstrated ALL is NOT lost.........yet. The comradary I and my son once enjoyed amongst fellow RCers Apparently still exists amongst some.
Your offer means more to me, than the speed control ever could. THANK YOU SIR for restoring some faith.

THANK YOU ALSO to the others offering items and or money in PMs........but I WONT ACCEPT ANYTHING OTHER THAN WHAT IS OWED ME.

I gave the crook 24 hours to restore the money to MY paypal account. If its not done by 2pm tommorow afternoon I will tangle him up in so much legal BS.....at HIS EXPENSE, that he will wish he never SEEN an RC car. I have LOTS of spare time these days.

His name????? Ill post it and everthing else I dug up on him today, tommorow at 2 pm either way.......meanwhile anybody looking to buy something from a guy out of Flushing, New York .........BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ed
Old 01-10-2005, 07:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

I clearly saw him take the esc off his car, re-wire it and packed it up so he could ship to you on his way home. While re-wiring, he did test it to see if it worked, and it did.
While it is normally admirable to stick up for a buddy, THIS MIGHT be one time to just step aside.

If you seen him solder in new wires, and than "test it",as you say, you also heard the diode pop, and the smoke show that followed.

The way the wires were soldered in is EXACTLY what caused this thing to fry. The solder HE gobbed in to install the new wires actually connects positive to negatives within the circuit board.

It DID NOT fry in the shipping envelope, it fried BEFORE it was sent. He KNEW IT, but sent it anyways rather than returning my money.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt and left him an open door.....maybe he sent me 'the wrong one.....by mistake' and simply needs to send me the RIGHT ONE. RIGHT AWAY.

Either way the clock is ticking and seems he doesnt check his email anymore.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ED

I have seen a lot of post on web sits like this and other and it is becoming more and more clear that there are some real SOB out there bringing or great hobby down. I have been doing this since 1985 and have made lots of friend all over this country in my travels and now injoy it with my sons keep the faith and what one man might call (STUPID PRIDE other men call INTEGRITY)

3derwood

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.