Wiki Posts
Search

Crazyfast was banned

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 08:55 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 1210 (100%+)
Default Crazyfast was banned

Mods, PLEASE give me the IP address the login came from. I am involved in the internet business and want to find this idiot!
Old 01-31-2012, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigwavedave33
Mods, PLEASE give me the IP address the login came from. I am involved in the internet business and want to find this idiot!
I'm sorry but we are not allowed to give out that information.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

with him ban that means he cant make another account right. or can he still get on here.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

no he can come back under a new name and different IP.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
I'm sorry but we are not allowed to give out that information.

Yup, it would take a court order for you to legally give him that info
Old 01-31-2012, 02:05 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Graphite07
no he can come back under a new name and different IP.
Yup. Seen this trick enough times...
Old 01-31-2012, 06:31 PM
Tech Legend

Just trying to help here..

A. I read thru the privacy policy for RCTech. Nothing in the privacy policy that states you cannot give out the IP address of a user to anyone. If I had nothing to hide as a user I wouldn't care if my IP address was public. On some forums it is in each post and is actually an option in PHPBB to display the ip address users post from.

B. It does not require a warrant or court order unless the owner of the site would not turn it over willingly at request. I owned and operated an Internet Service that did anything from dial up to data centers. I still have a stake in a fiberoptic provider that also does internet service and server hosting. It just take some cooperation. I have had to provide user info to the military, CIA, and FBI. Never once did I force a judge to serve me with a warrant.

C. This person has committed fraud and not providing the information in a cordial and in cooperation with members trying to help the community only serves to propagate more fraud.

I'm not saying hand out IP addresses of members to everyone, but in a clear case of fraud...COME'ON MANNNNNNNNN!
Old 01-31-2012, 06:39 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

While that may be so, there may be policies in place to prevent it. If the mods' hands are tied, one may need to appeal to the owner(s).
Old 01-31-2012, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

There are ways to get it without asking moderator or breaking any laws. If you're involved in the internet business you should have some sort of insight on this.

While it may not be in the Privacy policy, they're not shown for a reason.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:06 PM
Tech Legend

The simple and easy thing to do is ask for it. It breaks no laws as this board falls under no regulatory bodies.

There is no way without breaking into the server I can see the logs from PhpBB to determine the IP address. IP addresses are dynamic most of the time anyway and can change at anytime, but at least if I could have gotten the IP address yesterday I could have verified with Paypal it was the same IP that was used to log into paypal. If so I could lock down provider, country/state/city where this is coming from and provide the authorities with a report. That would allow them to generate a warrant on the other end.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:10 PM
Super Moderator

The simple and easy thing to do is ask for it. It breaks no laws as this board falls under no regulatory bodies.

There is no way without breaking into the server I can see the logs from PhpBB to determine the IP address. IP addresses are dynamic most of the time anyway and can change at anytime, but at least if I could have gotten the IP address yesterday I could have verified with Paypal it was the same IP that was used to log into paypal. If so I could lock down provider, country/state/city where this is coming from and provide the authorities with a report. That would allow them to generate a warrant on the other end.
Ask a Ibrands admin for it but no super moderator will give out the ip address
Old 01-31-2012, 10:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Dynamic IP's usually change when the modem is reset, otherwise they tend to stay the same. And again, you can get it without breaking any laws, or asking someone for it who won't give it to you.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by marooko
Dynamic IP's usually change when the modem is reset, otherwise they tend to stay the same. And again, you can get it without breaking any laws, or asking someone for it who won't give it to you.
You can also reset your D-IP if you're savvy enough to know what is going on. There are also IP masking/spoofing things that can be done.

But stuff like that would be above the head of most of the run of the mill scammers operating on RCTech.

Not trying to be elitist, just what I've observed from the cheap seats.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

We are not disclosing anyone's IP Address.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:40 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ibrands
We are not disclosing anyone's IP Address.
Thank you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.