Wiki Posts
Search

OMG! What happens now???

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 07:45 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Unhappy OMG! What happens now???

Hey everyone. I find myself in quite a spot and would like input on how to salvage a horrible situation.

I did a trade with a RCTech member. My Losi SCTE for his Kanai 3s (one just a roller). He shipped first and provided tracking and then I shipped later that day (ASAP) and provided tracking info as well. I received the package from him yesterday and was fairly happy. He received his package today and he called me very upset. He stated the box was basically "empty". There was supposed to be a Losi SCTE in it (that I had to others accept to trade for but found a better deal with this member). He sent me pics (waiting for them to upload) of what was in the box. I reckognize the "peanuts" and tire foam I used for packing but not the wood or the insulation. He says it's all wet inside. I have a pic of the box before I shipped it and I sealed it with red duct tape. Now there is clear packing tape over the duct tape but he stated the duct tape was cut by him and was NOT cut when he received it.

WOW!!

I sent as a "gift" and put a low value on the box to avoid border fees. I know, I know; it should have been insured for the full amount. I've don trades with others like this with now problem. I could understand a lost package but this?!?!?!

I think there is $100 insurance on the package standard (which is nothing, really) and the other member does not want me to send his stuff back. I obviously will have to visit the post office (I live in Canada, him in California) but please give some input to this situation.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:52 PM
Suspended

Here's what I sent.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:02 PM
Suspended

Currently getting pics of labels and said packing tape. The other member stated they are on top of the packing tape. The pics are on my phone and taking forever to email them to myself. Those labels tear if you try to lift them so tampering would seem impossible. He obviously feels I ripped him off.

I wish I had resources to pull finger prints from the packing tape to prove someone else put it there...

He's emailing me the pics so I can post them. My phone is not sending them for some reason.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:10 PM
Suspended

Pics he sent me.

Reposted this pic below with personal info erased.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Did you send it usps? Around here in Florida usps does not except packages with any kind of duct tape on them. Maybe that has something to do with it. I hope the truck is found...This sucks to hear this, I just sent a roller to canada. Fingers Crossed

Edit: Wow that wood sure is suspicious.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:16 PM
Suspended

Old 01-18-2012, 08:20 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Slo_E4
Did you send it usps? Around here in Florida usps does not except packages with any kind of duct tape on them. Maybe that has something to do with it. I hope the truck is found...This sucks to hear this, I just sent a roller to canada. Fingers Crossed

Edit: Wow that wood sure is suspicious.
Canada post into USPS. You can see the small label they attached. Somehow there is packing tape under it. I can fully understand the other guy's point that it makes it look like the tape was there when I shipped it but it wasn't. Can those labels be raised in order to make it look like that???? I can't beleive this scenario and I look like a scammer
Old 01-18-2012, 08:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Canada shipping label over the clear tape!

So how does the clear tape gets under the shipping labels with them not getting damaged. Even the clear tape wrinkle show under the label
Attached Thumbnails OMG! What happens now???-img_1062.jpg   OMG! What happens now???-img_1060.jpg  
Old 01-18-2012, 08:25 PM
Super Moderator

wow don't know what to tell ya, was the bottom selled with the red tape? Could maybe the duck tape been ripped of and then retaped? Must of liked what they seen during a customs inspection.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator

what does the bottom look like.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:28 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by roadrashracing
what does the bottom look like.
Didn't think of that, but it doesn't explain the clear tape on top?
Old 01-18-2012, 08:31 PM
Super Moderator

Did you see the labels get put on?
Old 01-18-2012, 08:31 PM
Suspended

Yes, the wood is suspicious! He claims it was put there to make the box heavier.

I can see his point but I DIDN'T put it there!
Old 01-18-2012, 08:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Are you serious, I claim... This is what I received from you... and I'm very happy to post a picture of the bottom... But I think this is pointless and a total waste of my time... I know what I sent and I know what I got... You want to make it right? send me what you promised....
Old 01-18-2012, 08:40 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

My theory would be customs didn't like the tape...and from there somehow the truck vanished and was replaced with wood. Sounds like someone need's looked into and fired. Just my theory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.