Search

Beware of DTRguy

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SirKarnage
USPS Tracking/DC kinda sucks.

I recently sold and shipped 6 packages to various locations. All labels printed through paypal.
As soon as you print the label, it gives the "electronic notification" crap.
As a seller, im always worried with the buyer receiving the item, as I am always worried with receiving what I purchase.

I check the tracking ALOT.. while at work, home, on the road ... ALOT...
of those 6 packages, 4 showed "Electronic..." crap up until it finally changed to "out for delivery" or just "delivered".
That pisses me off!! lol
Not sure how recent you're talking, but it seems to have gotten a lot worse right before Christmas (which is understandable). I noticed the same thing last year. DC was basically just "accepted" and "delivered" around the holidays. But it seemed like after the new year, it went back to being scanned on a daily basis. At least that's what I observed.
Old 12-25-2011, 08:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

Originally Posted by harry697
Not sure how recent you're talking, but it seems to have gotten a lot worse right before Christmas (which is understandable). I noticed the same thing last year. DC was basically just "accepted" and "delivered" around the holidays. But it seemed like after the new year, it went back to being scanned on a daily basis. At least that's what I observed.
i didn't do it this year, but in 2010 i worked at fedex. for the christmas season they had 50% more people working there than normal and we still had to work extra hours. On a semi you can fit anywhere from 1000-1300 packages. normal months they would do 2-3 semi trailers worth. during the christmas season there were days where we did 7 trailers( normal days were 5-6 during the christmas season). obviously its going to be a lot harder to scan packages like normal. that is the last time i will ever work night shift every night if possible.

I also never wanted to see the words DELL, HP, Vizio... ever again
Old 12-27-2011, 06:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
I have sent packages with delivery confirmation and this is what I see when I check for updates! If the post office does their job properly and they scan the items as they should this is what it should look like
I get that same information as well.

It's just not as reliable as UPS or FedEx from a tracking standpoint. They scan their packages at every stop along the way. USPS does not always do that.