Wiki Posts
Search

Police report for PayPal ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 10:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gamemaster
Ok this is BS number 1 i send a car with DC# and had it insured to 7 points Texas was tradeing for a x-box system with 10 games to someone, ok he got the car told me it was great he send me a DC# TOO well it was not a real one call the cops thay want down to the guy home talk to him and he told them he sold the car. for money ok the cop call me told me i had to go to Texas to file on it i am out $700.00 i had to fly to texas when the cop talk to him and he told the cop he had no system or money to send me the cop want to the DA too were was the laws for me in texas no were. still out $700.00 i had to fly there cost me more to do that SORRY ON THE WRITEING I SUCK AT IT (: that why i don't post most on here
Holy moly, I know you apologized for the bad writing, but that is still difficult to pick through. Let me introduce you to the period. It's not just for your wife/girlfriend any more. It also ends sentences. That's what allows your reader to know you've finished conveying a thought or statement of fact. It looks like this: . Blown up several sizes it looks like this: .

Seriously, though, not only does your lack of written communication suck, but so does your lack of understanding of how the law really works.

You sold a used RC car to someone. Once the cops take a police report, if the guy doesn't have the item, you have no recourse except small claims court, or going through the USPS for mail fraud. Despite what the Texas office has said in this thread (and no disrespect to you, I appreciate your input) most law enforcement agencies aren't going to waste a lot of time on a small claims theft. Especially when the only evidence is accusations from the alleged victim and a couple of Post Office receipts.

Either way, you could have handled it without flying to Texas to sort out. The plane tickets alone were more than the car was worth. I really hope you weren't serious about that.

You should have called a local Texas lawyer before flying down there. Cheaper than a plane ticket and it would have probably netted you better results.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LaTuFu
Despite what the Texas office has said in this thread (and no disrespect to you, I appreciate your input) most law enforcement agencies aren't going to waste a lot of time on a small claims theft. Especially when the only evidence is accusations from the alleged victim and a couple of Post Office receipts.
None taken

You're correct too, once the report is made and there is nothing phsyical, it stays as just that, a report. At that point it crossed into a civil matter.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ntrain42
So your saying you spent time and obviously a decent amount of money to fly into a different state to try and get back a small monetary amount, and did so without knowing the laws or consulting a lawyer(which probably would cost less than a 2 way plane ticket)for 15-30 minutes? Writing isn't the only thing you suck at. Sorry, no disrespect, but it is what it is.
Well you need to read it i said i would have to fly down there to get anything going. and i call a lawyer and there not one thing that can be done and if you open your eyes i said a cop want to the guy home he told the cop he sold my car and for me to do anything i have to fly down there and i did not i do not fly never did never well so before you post read it
Old 01-05-2012, 08:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

LaTuFu who the hell are to tell me i call the DA down there the cop want to the guy home he told the cops he sold it i want to the postoffice on it too it was to be sign for too the mail man did not have the guy sign for it he left it there. i call the postmaster made a big deal on it and the postmaster want to the guy home had him sign for it so i did my job with out flying down there and with the postmaster haveing the guy sign for it no insurance so the law sucks with all this i got no help. Call the main postoffice for all the USA thay call the guy talk to him and i still have shit you guys that think you know it all don't only way for me to do anything was to fly down there and file on him and i did not fly down there for $700.00 nice to be on here with member that care about makeing fun of other member
Old 01-05-2012, 08:22 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

I can understand your frustration gamemaster.Just remember this . He who has the lowest feedback ships first. If someone with less feedback cant tell by your trader rating you are an honest trader,buyer or seller. Leave let the deal go. I have had to do this. There seems to be quite alot of scamming lately. Good luck.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:48 PM
Tech Regular

Location: second star to the right...straight on til morning!
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default tell it lik it is...

I agree with Gamemaster...I think it's a pity he gets teased for lack of grammar skils. I hate punks as much as scammers. this poor guy has been scammed outta 700 bucks and and you guys are ripping on him for not using periods.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm not teasing him about his grammar. I'm saying its pretty hard to understand what he is saying. It takes so much time to translate the bad grammar that its difficult to be very sympathetic.

Let's face it, nobody is demanding that grammar and spelling be perfect. All we're asking is that you have some semblance of ability to communicate effectively with others.

If you can't, you really shouldn't try to conduct transactions like this on internet forums. Being able to communicate effectively is a requirement if you don't want to get ripped off.

Stick to Craigslist and local, so you can do it in person.

If you're offended by what I say, sorry, I can't help that.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

All we're asking is that you have some semblance of ability to communicate effectively with others.

If you can't, you really shouldn't try to conduct transactions like this on internet forums.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

how do we go from talking bout a police report for paypal to arguing about grammer.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

I'm not teasing him about his grammar. I'm saying its pretty hard to understand what he is saying.

+1. I did get the part about being taken for $700, but I honestly can't make out the rest of what the guy is saying. No offense intended. I did try a few times to comprehend it, but it's just too rough. Anyway, sorry gamemaster to hear about your bad deal.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by harry697
+1. I did get the part about being taken for $700, but I honestly can't make out the rest of what the guy is saying. No offense intended. I did try a few times to comprehend it, but it's just too rough. Anyway, sorry gamemaster to hear about your bad deal.
I understood what he said just fine i think you need to learn how to read! This is the internet get used to it!!!!!!
Old 01-06-2012, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by new2crawling
I understood what he said just fine i think you need to learn how to read! This is the internet get used to it!!!!!!
O.k. then. You're right. There was nothing wrong with his posts. I just don't know how to read.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Good. Now he has a trading partner that understands him. Maybe he will have better luck with the next trade.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:47 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Bull S...

I would say more but don't want to get reported..
Old 01-07-2012, 05:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by racer1812
Bull S...

I would say more but don't want to get reported..
Same here. I had a nice message typed out last night, but deleted most of it for the same reason.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.