Wiki Posts
Search

rcdude236 tries to scam again.

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 06:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

Originally Posted by rocdog
What are you buddies with rcdude236 stang?

I was ok with having it shipped and with rcdude236 (Thomas Barris) 1300 post on this page, my first thoughts were that he is a big user of this page and lots of people probably know him. Usually not a good idea to start scamming people when you are well known in a certain area. But I was wrong.

And the saying is true when things sound too good to be true. It lured me in because I was going to pay $550 plus $116 shipping to buy a 1500 dollar 4 month old tv. I was actually on this site to buy a used 1/8 electric buggy and some how fell upon this guys post for the exact tv I have been looking at buying but at half the price. Of course I wanted to pursue it.

The major point here Stang is that I provided this rcdude all my information and gave him mutlipale options including me calling him to get in touch with each other to proceed with this transaction. He sounded like he needed money and I needed this TV. Win Win. But he was going to scam me just like he did to Doud. If you read my word for word post of my communication with this punk, you would see I did everything to make this transaction happen.

This was only posted to make other aware of scammers like. I do believe the guy owns this TV, I do believe he is going to sell it for $550 to someone local. But I also believe he was out to scam a non local person like myself also. According to Doud, he did the same thing to him. Doud lives in France so it was a perfect person to screw. rcdude236 got a taste for free money from a far away stranger and probably thought he could pull it off again.

The funny thing is that he kept saying txt me, but I asked for hisnumber many times and he never even sent his txt number. So basically I only had PM and email communication with the guy, not one txt message was sent. So really I think he would have tried to get me to pay by PM's alone and i never would have gotten even a txt number. Fing joke!
Originally Posted by stang
so lets see i live in illinois, the scammer in washington

half the country away if you can tell. now if you would like to send me $700 via gift i have a nice 13" tv i can sell you.
sure i'm buddies, i drive to and from washington every week to hang out with him

now since you are showing you cant read. i have an ocean i can sell you for $2000
Old 11-13-2011, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rocdog
What are you buddies with rcdude236 stang?

I was ok with having it shipped and with rcdude236 (Thomas Barris) 1300 post on this page, my first thoughts were that he is a big user of this page and lots of people probably know him. Usually not a good idea to start scamming people when you are well known in a certain area. But I was wrong.

And the saying is true when things sound too good to be true. It lured me in because I was going to pay $550 plus $116 shipping to buy a 1500 dollar 4 month old tv. I was actually on this site to buy a used 1/8 electric buggy and some how fell upon this guys post for the exact tv I have been looking at buying but at half the price. Of course I wanted to pursue it.

The major point here Stang is that I provided this rcdude all my information and gave him mutlipale options including me calling him to get in touch with each other to proceed with this transaction. He sounded like he needed money and I needed this TV. Win Win. But he was going to scam me just like he did to Doud. If you read my word for word post of my communication with this punk, you would see I did everything to make this transaction happen.

This was only posted to make other aware of scammers like. I do believe the guy owns this TV, I do believe he is going to sell it for $550 to someone local. But I also believe he was out to scam a non local person like myself also. According to Doud, he did the same thing to him. Doud lives in France so it was a perfect person to screw. rcdude236 got a taste for free money from a far away stranger and probably thought he could pull it off again.

The funny thing is that he kept saying txt me, but I asked for hisnumber many times and he never even sent his txt number. So basically I only had PM and email communication with the guy, not one txt message was sent. So really I think he would have tried to get me to pay by PM's alone and i never would have gotten even a txt number. Fing joke!
you did the right thing by posting he scam. glad you said **NO** the other guy is ignorant just Ignore him he seems like he is for scammers.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stang
so lets see i live in illinois, the scammer in washington

half the country away if you can tell. now if you would like to send me $700 via gift i have a nice 13" tv i can sell you.
1. you have terrible feedback

2. you can just say you live in illinois, how do we know that for sure???? ya I live up with santa in the north pole

Summary: You are not making yourself look good
Old 11-13-2011, 09:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

Originally Posted by YankeeFan123

2. you can just say you live in illinois, how do we know that for sure???? ya I live up with santa in the north pole

1. read this before you say something about my feedback

http://www.rctech.net/forum/trader-f...bad-buyer.html
EDIT: and yes im still waiting for that junk that traxxas calls a motor to show up

2. go check the wisconsin/illinois section. thread titled "new track near peoria, IL" and the rjd hobbies thread

Last edited by stang; 11-14-2011 at 06:11 AM.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YankeeFan123

+1, You should just stop talking stang, lol.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 69 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Speedy S
+1, You should just stop talking stang, lol.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

+1! STANG you made your self look bad after your first post in this thread.

your comment.

so from what i can tell you are pissed because he decided not to sell it to you
Old 11-14-2011, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Graphite07
+1! STANG you made your self look bad after your first post in this thread.

your comment.

so from what i can tell you are pissed because he decided not to sell it to you
exaaaactly
Old 11-14-2011, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

I want each of you guys bash on me to high light where i said send the money as a gift!! Please. Also he said to CALL him not text him. If he would of asked specific questions such as, "can you text me" or "what is your address". Nothing of that was asked until he started getting on my case. I was even gonna tell the guy send half the money ill send it then send the rest of the money but nope. But regardless of what i say, in the end You guys are right, im a piece of shit scammer.

Doud- i wonder how long ago it was that i send you money back
Old 11-14-2011, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Graphite07
THATS NOT THE POINT REREAD IT AND UNDERSTAND IT.

1. 700$ PAYPAL AS GIFT PAYMENT. IF THE SELLER DOES NOT SHIP THE TV THE BUYER DOES NOT GET A REFUND FROM PAYPAL becuase he paid with gift payment.

2. no home address or contact info only cell number,after seller gets payment cell phone number disconnected seller is gone so is 700$.

3.cell number could be go phone **PAY AS YOU GO** under false info,again seller gets 700$ cell is deactivated BYE BYE 700$

4.seller hasa rep for scamming.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW STANG? nothing to with the seller not wanting to sell to the buyer. the seller would not Provide vaild home address and would not call the buyer directly.only text LMFAO..i never heard a cell plan with **TEXT** only. i do not think they even make or sell text only devices anymore like they used to. now i heard of voice only cell plans for phone calls only with no texting. to have texting only that has to be a lie.,every major wireless carrier requires voice plan text is optional.

good call on not buying the TV....thanks for posting the heads up on him.

and if the seller does not provide a vaild home address the seller has no way of tracking him down to file a small claims suit or police report for legal action. 700$ is a huge amount of money and this is a felony and the seller could be arrested for this. and if he said he will ship USPS this is mail fraud=FELONY...
That right there jsut shows true ignorance. Im on a pay as you go cell phone plan.. I dont know about you but i started living on my own at 18 im in college and calling is just 30 extra dollars i decide not to spend on a stupid cell phone. If i need to talk they can text me. So before you start calling me a lier look up stuff before you talking w/o knowing what the heck you are talking about. Have a nice day
Old 11-14-2011, 05:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcdude236
That right there jsut shows true ignorance. Im on a pay as you go cell phone plan.. I dont know about you but i started living on my own at 18 im in college and calling is just 30 extra dollars i decide not to spend on a stupid cell phone. If i need to talk they can text me. So before you start calling me a lier look up stuff before you talking w/o knowing what the heck you are talking about. Have a nice day
so your saying you cant afford $30 bucks for calling but you can afford a tv that cost over a grand?
Old 11-14-2011, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 757racer
so your saying you cant afford $30 bucks for calling but you can afford a tv that cost over a grand?
Hmm well when you get it for free you defiantly can
Old 11-14-2011, 06:47 PM
Tech Adept

Hmm well when you get it for free you defiantly can
so your selling the tv to afford the calling right?
Old 11-14-2011, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

ya... i was hoping he would send the money so i could scam him and be able to add calling to my plan.. You caught on soooo well

Just a note to you all, The tv has been sold
Old 11-14-2011, 06:59 PM
Tech Adept

ya... i was hoping he would send the money so i could scam him and be able to add calling to my plan.. You caught on soooo well

Just a note to you all, The tv has been sold
aww man i knew it....dang my mommy was right, i should have been a detective
case closed everyone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.