Wiki Posts
Search

Parcel Post

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Parcel Post

Im not sure if this is the right forum to post this in. I have recently used Parcel Post for the first time to ship a car to another forum member but it now has been 2weeks and buyer has not received item yet.

Has any other members have any experience shipping with Parcel Post?
Old 10-05-2011, 09:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

Originally Posted by goots
Im not sure if this is the right forum to post this in. I have recently used Parcel Post for the first time to ship a car to another forum member but it now has been 2weeks and buyer has not received item yet.

Has any other members have any experience shipping with Parcel Post?
lets just say parcel post is the last thing that gets put on the truck IF there is room.
usually takes 2-3 weeks to make it there at minimum
Old 10-05-2011, 11:55 PM
Tech Initiate

im in the same boat. item was shipped parcel from kansas to hawaii..

estimated delivery was sept 30... still aint here. my friend said that it is on a boat enroute to hawaii , so why would the USPS tracking say estimated delivery sept 30 ? starting to freak out, every other item i had shipped took 7 days or less.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by pattywagon34
im in the same boat. item was shipped parcel from kansas to hawaii..

estimated delivery was sept 30... still aint here. my friend said that it is on a boat enroute to hawaii , so why would the USPS tracking say estimated delivery sept 30 ? starting to freak out, every other item i had shipped took 7 days or less.
looks like we are in the same situtation. Im shipping from HI to IL its been 13 business days already. Ive purchased delivery confirmation but the actual tracking on usps does not show anything. Im thinking parcel post just sucks.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by goots
looks like we are in the same situtation. Im shipping from HI to IL its been 13 business days already. Ive purchased delivery confirmation but the actual tracking on usps does not show anything. Im thinking parcel post just sucks.
wow, wat part of illinois.. i ship items to illinois on a weekly basis.. i use the "if it fits it ships " flat rate boxes, it takes around 7 days or less.

my item was coming from kansas to hawaii, i checked up on the tracking from kansas to the last sort facility in california, then after that nothing. i just hope it gets here, but 2-4 weeks for shipping, if i would have know it was gonna take that long, i woulda paid extra for normal shipping! but its good,though, im sure ill be very happy with my purchase if / when it arrives!
Old 10-06-2011, 12:11 AM
Tech Initiate

my friend said my item was shipped "parcel" .. on the tracking thing it says "package services "

(i dont have pay pal, i didnt wanna get burned ,so i asked my friend to do the deal for me )
Old 10-06-2011, 12:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by pattywagon34
my friend said my item was shipped "parcel" .. on the tracking thing it says "package services "

(i dont have pay pal, i didnt wanna get burned ,so i asked my friend to do the deal for me )
well if theres good communication between seller and buyer I think it will be safe. It seems like its a slow shipping method. If I didnt know any better I bet Parcel Post uses a menehune on a canoe to get it from HI to the mainland lol. Never again will I use this method of shipping just to save a few $ Priority Mail gets packages shipped within a week!
Old 10-06-2011, 01:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Parcel Post is one of those things, "You get what you pay for". Parcel post can take up to a month.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

You save 75 cents and it takes 75 days. I don't understand why people even use parcel post.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 157 (100%+)

If you're shipping within the continental US (lower 48) parcel post is usually 4-9 days based on distance. When Hawaii is in the discussion, it's a whole other issue. Just make sure you have delivery confirmation and keep in contact with the other party and it'll get there, just have to be patient.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Most stuff I've shipped via parcel post doesn't take much, if any longer than priority or first class. But there was this one time that I shipped a nitro motor from NJ to TX via parcel post and it took just over 30 days to get there.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by harry697
Most stuff I've shipped via parcel post doesn't take much, if any longer than priority or first class. But there was this one time that I shipped a nitro motor from NJ to TX via parcel post and it took just over 30 days to get there.
That's true I sold a huge hauler bag parcel post and it saved me like 30$ to ship it from Florida to Oklahoma it was going to cost me like $53 priority mail by parcel post was around $24 and it only took 8 days to get it there instead or 3 to 5 priority ,I admit somethings is just ad good to send it priority ( which I use 99% of the time) but if is Hawaii then I would just do priority mail.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by catogtp
You save 75 cents and it takes 75 days. I don't understand why people even use parcel post.
That statement is not even close to being true, I use parcel post to ship large boxes, stuff that's over 9 pounds and in boxes that are large (24"x18"x12"). I just shipped 2 weeks ago and From Ca. To Ok. priorty was $70 and parcel was $17 with tracking & insurance, priory was 3 days and parcel was 6 days, guess what shipping the buyer picked. On shipping to Hawaii, Common sense would dictate that shipping to Hawaii via parcel post is going to take some time, there are reasons why some don't ship to Hawaii. This is why when i sell I never say X amount shipped, I put the amount I want and the buyer pays for actual shipping costs (all you need is a zip code). This way he or she can pick what form of shipping they want, If you want to pay for priority I'll ship priority, I will still pay for the insurance. This way the buyer can't really bitch about shipping and the time it takes. They picked how they wanted it shipped.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scottgir
If you're shipping within the continental US (lower 48) parcel post is usually 4-9 days based on distance. When Hawaii is in the discussion, it's a whole other issue. Just make sure you have delivery confirmation and keep in contact with the other party and it'll get there, just have to be patient.
That's my experience. Parcel for continental 48, hawai gets priority and gets there surprisingly fast.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:12 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scottgir
pretty much sums it up IMO..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.