Community
Wiki Posts
Search

THROTTLEDOWN20 IS A SCAMMER

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 07:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

For the guys with bum deals. Please leave negative feedback on him. Lets people who dont look here so much know what he is up to. Right if they dont look here they will have no idea how bad he is so they dont get suckered by him too.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by harry697
How much you wanna bet he is also lowandslowracin? Same town and also uses a P.O. box. They also popped each other's feedback cherries.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/trader-f...ml#post9652585
That's the one. There is no throttledown20.
Yes he is
Originally Posted by djmaincheese
Throttledown20.....Throttlehappy20. Same Chap perhaps

Said he had a Brand New Losi 8ight 2.0 With DX Radio to Trade and a guy I know ended up shipping an empty envelope.
They are both banned
Originally Posted by Graphite07
some one should PM marcos J have him compare ip's!! this will tell all if the ip's are the same. same person two accounts different names.

**LOSER** he should be beat down..
Old 09-29-2011, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

awesome marcos J!!
Old 09-29-2011, 07:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default what stops him with new name

how can you stop them if they change names
Old 09-29-2011, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

I.P. address if the mods see it in time. We at least know he lives in Fairview,OR.

lowandslow and this guy.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

As I have told a few people that have pm'd me, my brother did a in person deal with throttlehappy last month, he seamed like a good guy .... guess not .... I can tell you he lives in Cougar, WA and travels to the Portland area a couple times a month for work. Unfortunately they did all their talking via email so no phone number He will be keeping his eyes open for this guy.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Originally Posted by waterdog250
what happens if someone gets screwed in a trade? is there any insurance? i listed an item that i'm willing to trade but this worries me
thats why instead of "trading" you two should agree and then one person "buy" the others persom's item, enough money to have some "insurance"on the deal and then the second person "buy" the first person's item for the same amount of money to have "insurance". Just my 0.02
Old 09-29-2011, 08:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YankeeFan123
thats why instead of "trading" you two should agree and then one person "buy" the others persom's item, enough money to have some "insurance"on the deal and then the second person "buy" the first person's item for the same amount of money to have "insurance". Just my 0.02
That's a great idea.. Never even crossed my mind... Puts some insurance on the deal for sure. I'm sure there are exceptions and situations where this won't work but it is worth discussing with a person your trading with. Just knowing how someone handles the inquiry can give you some insight to whom your dealing with.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:54 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dewaltracin
how can you stop them if they change names
You can't stop anyone from being a thief and a scammer but you can take steps to protect yourself when dealing with people you don't know..always get a phone number, talk to the person and ask them to text you photos, look at post count, deals, talk to the people that have had resent deals with..their are still lots of great people here on RC Tech..and remember if it sounds to good to be true it usually is....most scammers work on your greed..
Old 09-29-2011, 08:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I called him out in his FS thread, because it looked sketchy. I got flamed for it. Then a mod deleted my post. Guess I was right.

My original post..

Originally Posted by CHINO22
Don't take offense to this, but your thread seems a little sketchy. Normally when someone makes a big thread like this, they use the same floor, table, counter, etc. to post their items. But every single item you posted is sitting on a different floor or table. Plus you just joined this month. I don't mean anything by it. I'm just looking out for other hobbyist.

His FS thread that I thought looked sketchy - http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ml#post9701183
Old 09-29-2011, 09:04 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by YankeeFan123
Maybe..I'm trading because I can't afford to buy, (some of us have budgets) so what then? My view is if you don't trust the deal don't do the deal..pretty simple..
Old 09-29-2011, 09:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

This guy wanted to trade his SC10 4x4 for my Mugen MBX5T.

Here's the PM he sent me:

Originally Posted by throttlehappy20
Check out my forsale thread, I have a SC10 4x4 with ESC and motor listed, I would be willing to trade. I have some batteries and other items I could sweeten the deal with if need be.

Thats one nice looking RC and I would love to get my hands on it.

My response:

Originally Posted by xDIEGOx

More info on it? Does it come with extra parts, tires, etc?

Do you have more pics of the SC10 4x4 and the b4.1? Also could you post a pic with your screen name on a piece of paper next to the sc10 4x4 and b4.1. I'll do the same if you like. I know it sounds a little weird, but I'm always extra careful with online deals/trades.

Maybe we can work some type of deal for the sc10 4x4 and the b4.1

Of course he never sent me those pics. Right off the bat, I knew something wasn't right. I showed my cousin (CHINO22) his thread, and right after he saw it he made the post that was deleted. I guess we where both right.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:11 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by xDIEGOx
This guy wanted to trade his SC10 4x4 for my Mugen MBX5T.

Here's the PM he sent me:

My response:

Of course he never sent me those pics. Right off the bat, I knew something wasn't right. I showed my cousin (CHINO22) his thread, and right after he saw
it he made the post that was deleted. I guess we where both right.
Well you know what they say..quacks like a duck..walks like a duck..it's usually a duck..
Something else that tips me off also is when someone who has a newer "frontline" RC and they want to trade it for an older model..makes you wonder why....I do the 3 strikes and I'm out..
Old 09-30-2011, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

To those he scammed:

Find other member's that he has also cammed out of their equip, get a list and prices together as to what it all was, and begin filing charges thru his local prosecutor's office. If you're lucky (like I was when dealing with Dwayne Jenkins in NE), then he might have a prior record of theft, making it easier to press charges against him. Many, if not all states have "Theft by deception" and "Theft by US postal mail" listed as felonies, based on their dollar amount. File together, and put on the pressure. Trust me, as soon as I faxed the information I had against Mr. Jenkins to his local county prosecutor, you would be suprised how lightning-fast I received everything he owed me.

PS - File a report thru his local Sheriff's dept. first, so that there's a paper trail. It'll better support your case, and the prosecutor is going to ask you to do that first anyway. Once that is done, the prosecutor's office will start gathering all the info they need, even from the local post office. Good luck, and I can help with whatever u guys need. just PM me.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:33 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 353 (100%+)
Default throttlehappy20 is a scammer

i traded my items for his nib 8ight t 2.0 i sent out my items the day after he sent his and today i got an empty envelope the good thing is i called his post office,local law,and my post office and i was the 4th person to explain what is going on with that po box and i will get my items back if you got scammed please send me a message i have info that can get this guy landed in jail but it will take more then just me thanks

art taylor
p.o.box 2267
fairview Or 97024

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.