Wiki Posts
Search

hlpressley- BAD SERVICE

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 09:19 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 440swinger-kid
He's a mod... Wow.... Looks like Oasis had a problem with him also recently if you look at his visitor messages..... Hopefully he fixes this and fixes the negative you DONT deserve..... you paid the guy so your end of the deal was a done deal which is a POSITIVE in my books...

GoodLuck
Yep..item not as described still waiting to hear back from him. I think he had a family problem..I will hold off on the bad feedback until then. I really hate to bring up problems with "good sellers" because it never fails that you (the buyer) will get pounced upon and called all kinds of names and accused of crying about not getting something.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 226 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MotoGod
If you want an original box or you won't buy it...then go buy a new one. If you want a deal on a used one and it works when it shows up (with or without a box)....don't sweat the small stuff man. It's just a box....
I understand, which is why I am willing to have the negative feedback retracted. It's just a box and will serve no purpose, but when Harold said he would send the box and he didn't and also the fact he ignored me on two separate occasions is what prompted me to leave him the bad feedback.

The ONLY way I was able to get Harold's attention was by giving him negative feedback other than that he ignores his buyers? This is not the way to do business. Again I understand it's just a 'box' but that is not the point here.

But please tell me this. Was it fair for Harold to leave me negative feedback? He could have avoided all this from the start had he sent the box or replied to either my PM and email.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kylar
I see this guys point. If you sell something as listed with the original box, then include the box. If you screw up and forget to include it, thats your fault as a seller.
If the person youre selling to says thats fine, no big deal its just a box, then fine. However if they really want the box its your job as a seller to make it right.

Plus he made it worse saying he would ship out the box, and then didnt follow through, and is now ignoring the buyers pm's. Thats not a good move as a seller.

How hard is it to get up a few minutes early, stop at the post office before work, and spend the 80 cents to ship it to your buyer.... especially when it would save you from a negative and all this
I share this exact sentiment here, as well as the OP's.

It's also the fact that the seller didn't come through TWICE on his word by agreeing to ship the box out after agreeing that he didn't send it initially but then never shipped it out.

Trust me I do also see the other side of the story for everyone here saying "it's just a box". Yes, it is, no biggie, but I think the seller should just man up and ship the man his box which he agreed to do, it is in fact his fault and his problem to rectify.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:15 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by skengines
I understand, which is why I am willing to have the negative feedback retracted. It's just a box and will serve no purpose, but when Harold said he would send the box and he didn't and also the fact he ignored me on two separate occasions is what prompted me to leave him the bad feedback.

The ONLY way I was able to get Harold's attention was by giving him negative feedback other than that he ignores his buyers? This is not the way to do business. Again I understand it's just a 'box' but that is not the point here.

But please tell me this. Was it fair for Harold to leave me negative feedback? He could have avoided all this from the start had he sent the box or replied to either my PM and email.
In my opinion he should receive an infraction for retaliation..you PAID ON TIME, your only asking for what YOU PAID FOR, if the add said without original box and you bitched about it then I could see not leaving bad feedback, but the add SAID ORIGNAL BOX INCLUDED..
Old 07-19-2011, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oasis
In my opinion he should receive an infraction for retaliation..you PAID ON TIME, your only asking for what YOU PAID FOR, if the add said without original box and you bitched about it then I could see not leaving bad feedback, but the add SAID ORIGNAL BOX INCLUDED..
+1. I dont see how he has a bad feedback for something he did not do wrong.I dont care what you buy,if its a plastic box or not you should receive it if its listed.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

in rereading my post I want to clarify something. In NO WAY should the buyer receive negative feedback. He offered a price, price was accepted, payment was made. In NO WAY should the mods allow the negative to be put on the buyer.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

You paid 70$ for a used servo that costs 70$ new?
Old 07-19-2011, 10:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I understand both sides also and i myself would not have left the negative feedback if i were either person. I have had quite a few deals and some really fowl ones that i just made them aware that i would not be leaving positive nor negative feedback. Sucks though to lose your own positive feedback because the seller drops the ball and does not stay true to the deal that was agreed upon. So my question is.. you guys are saying it is just fine and dandy for any seller whenever they feel like it whether mistake or intentional to send you what they feel like is fair and close enough and not be held to the letter of what they agreed to do and send to you before they received your money? I do not find this acceptable nor was it acceptable that the seller agreed to take care of him as he should have even if it cost him $5.00 to ship a empty box and then ignored the buyer like he was a sucker! Oh well he has his money now and can buy whatever he wants and does not have to answer the buyer again because he got what he wanted...his money. Just because he has friends here and folks that have had great experiences buying from him in the past does not give him a free pass to do what he did in this deal.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kikcaffine
You paid 70$ for a used servo that costs 70$ new?
The servo he bought do not go for 70 brand new, they avg. around 100 for a new one..........

Ehh this is gonna come down to different opinions on how you look at the situation. Yes it is just a box, but how many people would walk into a store and see an item they want, there is one that has no box (sold as open box item) and one that is in the box and both are selling for the same price, which one would you buy? It's not the same exact thing in this situation but its like what the OP stated, he listed it would come with it and even stated he would send it after he didn't in the first place........ So yes its just a box, but in the end the seller did not keep his end of the deal plain and simple...........
Old 07-19-2011, 11:07 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by ibmenace
I understand both sides also and i myself would not have left the negative feedback if i were either person. I have had quite a few deals and some really fowl ones that i just made them aware that i would not be leaving positive nor negative feedback. Sucks though to lose your own positive feedback because the seller drops the ball and does not stay true to the deal that was agreed upon. So my question is.. you guys are saying it is just fine and dandy for any seller whenever they feel like it whether mistake or intentional to send you what they feel like is fair and close enough and not be held to the letter of what they agreed to do and send to you before they received your money? I do not find this acceptable nor was it acceptable that the seller agreed to take care of him as he should have even if it cost him $5.00 to ship a empty box and then ignored the buyer like he was a sucker! Oh well he has his money now and can buy whatever he wants and does not have to answer the buyer again because he got what he wanted...his money. Just because he has friends here and folks that have had great experiences
buying from him in the past does not give him a free pass to do what he did in
this deal.
Thank You..I have noticed that once you get 50 or 60 good deals here you can pretty much screw guys on deals every once in a while and all your buds will stand up for you and hammer the guy that got the bad end of a deal..
Old 07-19-2011, 11:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

That sucks that you have that perception of some seller's and that's not the way anyone with high post count and feedback should be seen. Dispute the negative feedback.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:41 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by ibmenace
That sucks that you have that perception of some seller's and that's not the way anyone with high post count and feedback should be seen. Dispute the negative feedback.
The last few deals have been with good sellers, high post count and great feedback and yet I trusted the deals because of this and had problems, don't trust deals on face value, ask the questions, look at the photos..pretty much I'm done buying here on RC Tech..good sellers and I'm getting burned, then because I GOT BURNED now I have to worry about getting bad feedback because of the sellers retaliation..and you have mods taking sides with the guy in question who left bad feedback because of retaliation..but then again he is a mod..so this is telling me that if you have a bad deal with a mod your just screwed on this board..
Old 07-19-2011, 11:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oasis
Originally Posted by teamlosi906
+1. I dont see how he has a bad feedback for something he did not do wrong.I dont care what you buy,if its a plastic box or not you should receive it if its listed.

+2

I simply do not see ANY reason possible for the seller to leave a negative feedback beyond retaliation purposes , which should SURELY result in an infraction and or suspension.

Does not really why the buyer wants his "box". The fact is.... It was described and listed for sale and he paid for it and should receive it. Several people seem all uptight about WHY he wants his box....Maybe he bought the servo for re-sale purposes. I know if I was purchasing a used hobby part... Or really anything used for that matter.... It looks that tiny bit more enticing to see it with it's original box, paperwork etc... Maybe it's a false sense of security, but it kinda makes me think it is either just that tiny bit newer then the one with no packaging, the previous owner cared enough to save the packaging then possibly the item itself was cared for just that tiny bit extra.

Boils down to it doesn't matter WHY.... the man should get what advertised and what he paid for in good faith.

Bottle of Coca-Cola for sale $.99
$.99 sent for bottle of Cola
Ziploc bag of Cola arrives with no bottle
The Cola still has it's fizz, still tastes the same, drinkable
Can I resell by ziploc bag of Cola? Possibly.
Is it harder to sell without it's original packaging and worth less?
Absolutely.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skengines
To the Administrators:

I would be more than happy to have the negative feedback I left for hlpressley retracted but I would like the negative feedback he left for me removed and keep this thread open.
Send a PM to Matt M. the Lead Admin on RCtech I would change it but I will leave the final decision to him.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 209 (99%+)

Stan is correct in everything he is saying except for the fact that I "ignored" him. That is complete crap. He sent me an email and within minutes this was my reply..

You are correct. I am sorry. I forgot that posted I would include the box. I will be happy to ship the box to you on Tuesday if you want it. Sorry about that. I just simply forgot.

Thanks,
HP

Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

I never heard back from him so I just assumed that he wasn't worried about the box as I know that I personally wouldn't make a big deal over an empty plastic box. Anyway, the next time I heard from him was when I got an email with a negative trader rating! Yes, that got my attention as I have worked extremely hard to keep my trader rating spotless for almost 4 years and over 200 deals. He did send me a PM on Sunday of which I did NOT see due to being out of town racing all weekend until yesterday. At the same time I seen that PM I also seen he left the negative feedback.

The only thing that I can see I did wrong here was "assuming" that he didn't want the box when he didn't respond to my email as posted above. I do NOT by any means think that warrants a bad trader rating.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.