Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
Issue with a member regaurding some lipos i purchased... >

Issue with a member regaurding some lipos i purchased...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Issue with a member regaurding some lipos i purchased...

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 07:46 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)
Default Issue with a member regaurding some lipos i purchased...

I recently bought a package deal from a member on here, pair of batteries and a charger...

The charger i purchased for my father, as i bought him a truck for his birthday, and he needed a charger, i have no complaints on the charger at all...

The issue i have is with the batteries that were included in the package deal{and the only reason why i bought the charger, was because it came with the batts}

Both lipos were described as low use with no issues, Both lipos came to me, both were puffed, the cases had previously been CA glued back together because the puffing was so severe that the cases split...none of this was visible in the picture i saw.

I pm'd him explaining the situation, told him id like a refund on the lipos, but id keep the charger(as i had no issues with that)...

His response was that all "venom" brand lipo batteries swell and puff, and they are junk...Which is ironic considering i have a pair of these that i run in my SC8E, and they do not puff at all, nor have the cases needed repair.

He then proceeded to explain that i bought the charger for 80, the lipos for 30 each, for a grand total of 140...so i told him refund the 60 for the lipos, and ill send em both back, as i refuse to risk running them in anything i own.

He offered to refund 20 dollars? Not sure what the point of that is...

My last reply was that he either needed to refund the 60 for the lipos, and i will send them back, His reply was "ill think about it" and then ranted about venoms being junk...he also admitted to knowing they had issues, yet failed to alert me of any such issues.

Ive yet to hear back from him, yet he's been online..So i replied again to him, simply stating id need a refund for the lipos by tomorrow, or i will simply be putting in a paypal claim for the full amount, and i will simply send it ALL back.

Anyone think my stance on this is wrong?
Old 07-17-2011, 09:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Open a paypal claim as "item not described" and get your money back.

As long as you can provide emails and pictures, your good.

Which, you know that already.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 157 (100%+)

Your stance is dead on correct. You can get a good charger for less than $80 so it's not like you're losing out on this deal, he would be as the seller. The only difference (normally) is that I'd usually have the item sent back and THEN a refund given but because of how this douche has responded and proven himself to be a liar from his sale, I understand your wanting the refund first.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

My personal experience with venom has been negative. That aside, for the seller to state they are junk and they all do it doesn't bode well for his claim that they are worth that money. Don't know what the charger is but you might be well ahead to dispute, send it all back, buy two turnigy's for $25 each and a sweet new charger..

Either way on what you decide, I believe the seller is in the wrong. The thing that makes it that much worse is people now seem to think that they can say whatever they want in an online forum or emails as there is the illusion of anonymity. Why would you want to act as such an "expletive" during the course of a business/personal dealing which includes product and money. Have a little pride, a willingness to help almost always gets the resolution done without going outside the deal for assistance.

I can imagine your disdain when you rec'd a reply that stated basically that you spent your hard earned money on what the seller described as venom junk. If that's how the seller feels it should have been listed as such. I've sold TONS of really old rc stuff as of late and all of it was described as "older" but working and in good cosmetic condition as well. I had two speed controls that were "substandard" and I just tossed them into a deal to make them freebies for someone that bought a "good" one.

Anyway, good luck with resolving. My guess/gut tells me it's a take it all or nothing deal. Keep it or send it all back. Also, if it goes that way don't modify anything as far as connectors on batteries or charger. Once you do that they are yours imo.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:17 AM
Suspended

Well, he was online again this morning, and yet again, no reply to me.

So paypal dispute was opened.

It's sad that things need to be taken to this level! Ugh.

worst part is, this clown doesnt give a damn about any of this, he even stated that i could leave negative feedback, that he didnt care!
Old 07-18-2011, 09:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

please offer his username and leave appropriate feedback. Sounds like another person to hit my ignore list.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (96%+)

Got a link so I know who else to avoid buying from?

Hey also FTSC10 looks like the package is at the shop waiting for you it was delivered at 9 this morning. Get a hold of me when you get a chance to look it over.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:07 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by eri3f0g
please offer his username and leave appropriate feedback. Sounds like another person to hit my ignore list.
I just received a pm, he seems like he is going to take care of the issue.

Originally Posted by 440swinger-kid
Got a link so I know who else to avoid buying from?

Hey also FTSC10 looks like the package is at the shop waiting for you it was delivered at 9 this morning. Get a hold of me when you get a chance to look it over.
yeah, i got sundays and mondays off haha, ill check it out tmrw when i go in to the shop.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by FTSC10

yeah, i got sundays and mondays off haha, ill check it out tmrw when i go in to the shop.
Alright very cool.

Also still post a username or link to the charger/lipo thread so I know who to stay away from
Old 07-18-2011, 01:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have bought quite a few "used" lipos on here and never had much luck yet.

I have come to the conclusion....

Purchasing used lipo batteries are just like buying someone elses underwears.

Can they be used? .... Most likely

Are they "safe" to be used? .... The percentage leans towards NEVER

Will they get you out of a jam if you have none? .... Errrrr... At what cost???

Do you like the piece of mind knowing your under-kuckies are your own and clean every day ? .... I sure do

Do you like knowing every seconds life, use, abuse and charging the lipo in your RC has experienced? .... I sure do.

Buy those used lipo's if you must..... But........
Old 07-18-2011, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Joe_Dirt
I have bought quite a few "used" lipos on here and never had much luck yet.

I have come to the conclusion....

Purchasing used lipo batteries are just like buying someone elses underwears.

Can they be used? .... Most likely

Are they "safe" to be used? .... The percentage leans towards NEVER

Will they get you out of a jam if you have none? .... Errrrr... At what cost???

Do you like the piece of mind knowing your under-kuckies are your own and clean every day ? .... I sure do

Do you like knowing every seconds life, use, abuse and charging the lipo in your RC has experienced? .... I sure do.

Buy those used lipo's if you must..... But........
Eh your buying from the wrong guys or buying crap lipos.....

I have been lucky on all of the used lipos I have bought and sold... all have been perfect and all balanced to the 4.2v per cell....
Old 07-19-2011, 12:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 440swinger-kid
Eh your buying from the wrong guys or buying crap lipos.....

I have been lucky on all of the used lipos I have bought and sold... all have been perfect and all balanced to the 4.2v per cell....
Crap lipo's?.... So far it's been 7 Max Amps... One of the seven has been issue free. 5 Turnigy's ... ALL look like eggs and just went to the trash with an attempt to charge or balance. 3 Venoms ... All hard case units and all puffed enough to pop the case open. A few other misc. Low end ones also.... Of which those seem to arrive in better condition and have balanced the best.

I am far from wealthy and try to pinch pennies until Abe screams, but also consider any money I decide to spend on a used lipo no different then buying a scratch ticket.

So to blame the brand and call them "crap lipos" is negate because "used" is used... It's not the brand, it's how they were previously treated.
To blame "who" I buy from.... It's all fellow members here. I don't "blame" any of them.... It seems to be a roll of the dice for honesty with the sellers.
With any and all bad used lipo's I have bought I usually make one attempt by private message for the seller to make good or to take it back/refund. Not once have I had any luck with a seller taking one back or willing to help. Usually it ends up with lies ... I have heard everything from.... It must have puffed in the mail... Maybe the mailman switched it.... Just poke a pin in it.... It was like that when I bought it... Sometimes NO response at all. BUT.... you can check, I have never once left a bad feedback for any of them. Should I?.... I guess what I should do is just spend the extra and buy new and treat them properly.
The REAL answer I have found is to buy and run LiFe units and be done with all the lipo nonsense entirely!
LiFe....... Well worth EVERY penny spent!
Old 07-19-2011, 02:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Id just like to toss my two cents in here too, every venom battery ive bought(these are new batteries mind you) has failed on me in some way. Ive paid for 3(because I needed 2 batteries still while waiting for the failed battery to be replaced) of them and sent every single one in for warranty replacement within 2 weeks of the purchase. I know it doesnt help much in this case but I stay away from venom lipos now.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Ehhh Don't feel bad man...I bought a 4s 50c TP for 140, when I got it the casing was completely split open and would not go back together. I decided to strap it down and try it, and the battery did charge and did run but after pulling it out the batteries were hella puffed up. Needless to say I threw the battery out, out the 140$ and just ordered 2 Gens Ace batts for cheaper than 1 TP...I will no longer be buying used Lipos unless I can see them in real life.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:25 AM
Suspended

The seller made it right, and refunded the money for the lipos, i have no complaints with him, he made tthings right.