Wiki Posts
Search

i hate when the seller says this.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 10:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrw1986
Yes it is and I reported someone for it along with a screenshot of their post and had them banned from PayPal. Call me low or whatever but it's not fair for the buyer. This was on another forum a few years ago, btw. If you don't like PayPal's fees either don't use them or build it into the price, but don't say in your ad "Buyer adds 4% for PayPal fees" or whatever.
You where the teachers little snitch in school weren't you.

Originally Posted by turb06le240
I dont mind paying the fees, but it should be listed in the post, not added later... some people dont add it in because if you do a local pick up you dont have fees...
What really bothers me is people dont but prices in the title, I click the thread just to see there price is $6 more than I can buy it brand new for with a warranty, and customer support... and no risk....
Now if its a good price it doenst matter, but when there high it sucks,,,
People don't put prices in the title because it can't change it on their own, normally a mod must do that.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Kent Beal

People don't put prices in the title because it can't change it on their own, normally a mod must do that.
If you go to edit and then "go advanced" you can change it... Or At least put the price in the first line of text, so you can see it when you mouse over it in the preview...
Old 05-15-2011, 08:24 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

If you go to edit and then "go advanced" you can change it... Or At least put the price in the first line of text, so you can see it when you mouse over it in the preview...
Nah, cant change the title once you "bump" the thread, or someone replies-then the "Title" is set in stone- and cant be changed. You can change the sub-header-one that can be seen once the post is opened-but most dont notice that one..But + for include the price-and it is a rule. As far other likes and dislikes--Should be seller controlled, and not the "Trolls" looking to make rules on price or whatever. As long as the seller is following the rules-If buyer doesn't like the price--"MOVE ON" there should be no need to comment-make a worthless post or interfere in any way, and if you feel you must--do it in a PM--It will make both of you look better, and show that you are are adults-even if you are not.....end rant

Last edited by flame56mx; 05-15-2011 at 04:25 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 05-15-2011, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Thanks I'll try it.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:24 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

not needed with the comments

Last edited by J.Whiting; 05-15-2011 at 05:33 PM. Reason: insulting others
Old 05-15-2011, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrw1986
Yes it is and I reported someone for it along with a screenshot of their post and had them banned from PayPal. Call me low or whatever but it's not fair for the buyer. This was on another forum a few years ago, btw. If you don't like PayPal's fees either don't use them or build it into the price, but don't say in your ad "Buyer adds 4% for PayPal fees" or whatever.

I hope you tried to educate them first that they were not abiding by the rules...or else it's just being a rat and having way too much time on your hands. Just don't buy their product(s) then. No need to run to paypal. Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

any ad that even mentions paying as a gift is a major red flag to me.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 157 (100%+)

Originally Posted by looper
any ad that even mentions paying as a gift is a major red flag to me.
BINGO!! I skip over any ad that has "pay as a gift or pay paypal fees". I won't even bother contacting the person. It's a personal decision but I find it kind of sleazy.

That being sad, I have paid paypal fees for people I've bought from if they had a good rating and I got a good deal from them (AND they didn't ask for me to pay it).
Old 05-17-2011, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Paypal fees need to be in price...bottom line. A business has to pay CC fees for credit card purchases but they dont have a price +credit card fees....they just have a price with their over head included, bottom line. If you sell locally and want to do the right thing, cut the price down some that would have covered your paypal feel for the buyer.

I can see "Plus shipping" on some things or in some cases, cause depending on where its going and how much someone buys, shipping price can go either direction. I just try to include it in my pricing and if i eat it , i eat it. Personally when i buy something i like 1 price...that way soon as they give me their paypal i can go send the money...not wait for shipping quote and figure out the % fee for the service you as a seller are using to make it easier and safer for you.

Paypal as a gift is being taken advantage of and im sure paypal will jump on it soon. Paypal gifts are NOT covered by the buyer protection, they are considered gifts and you shouldnt have gotten anything in return anyway. If your selling something and take paypal as payment then you need to pay for that service, just include it in your price.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Personally, I don't care either way whether a seller asks for an additional 3% to cover paypal fees or not - I just do the mental math and add it to the price. What difference does it make how the price is listed, or why a person is asking for a certain amount of money for their item? You're either willing to pay the price or you're not, regardless of whether they added a $2 "had to type this advertisement" fee.

Regarding the "it's against PayPal's TOS" justifications for ratting this guy out and getting him banned, I hope you're getting a paycheck from PayPal for your excellent policing of their usage policies. It wasn't like this guy was trying to scam you or otherwise rip you off - you just didn't like how he listed his price and decided to exact petty vengeance against him.

Damn, dude. That's weak. Hope you feel powerful now.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Yeah, the fees are the sellers repsonsiblitiy, clearly. They are the ones using the service to quickly and easily transfer funds to thier bank account. It's a service, you pay for it. I will NOT pay a seller's fee's, and have turned down several deals because of it. However, once I explain that It's a peeve of mine and will cost them a sale for $2-$3, they usually agree that it's thier issue to cover them, not mine.

How this whole "add 3% or pay as gift" crap got started I'll never know, but it ain't happenin here.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 187 (100%+)

I sell quite a bit on here and Ebay, I wont go into ebays fees....thats another story.
The whole add 3% for fees or send as a gift really is ridiculous and it is hurting peoples sales. Its really just laziness on the sellers part. Its not that hard to just to add the 3% into your price. Its only $3 for every hundred.
So if your bottom dollar is $100 on an item charge $103 or $105, whatever.....rocket science huh?
Old 05-18-2011, 11:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by inferno13
pretty dumb when selling somthing to say.....plus paypal fees......plus shipping... just add it to the final sale price, pretty simple really
agreed I tend to stay away from adds that want to add all that
Old 06-08-2011, 11:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

This is an interesting point. I have a lot of experience with buying and selling on other forums dealing with MUCH more expensive items than rc cars, and 95% of the time payment is paypal plus fees. A lot of people offer the option of a money order, but that is more of a hassle for the buyer so they have no problem covering the fees. Honestly it seems like a respect issue. This can also be seen in the fact that scamming is ten fold here in comparison.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kent Beal
Actually far from it. When people are trying to take advantage of others in a sale were it adversely effects the buyer that's just wrong. The seller knows his responsibility when listing an item and should abide by those rules.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.