Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
paid for a rx and received an empty damaged bubble envelope >

paid for a rx and received an empty damaged bubble envelope

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

paid for a rx and received an empty damaged bubble envelope

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 08:37 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

The buyer does not have a negative
Old 02-26-2011, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 204 (100%+)

sorry when I looked earlier today, he had a negative from the seller, but went back and looked and now he is all positive, so somewere inbetween it changed and then changed back, thanks for the insight for this buyer, and chances are their are lots of people making changes in the way they ship stuff
Old 02-26-2011, 09:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J

The thing with feedback is that member use it to bitch about issues instead of resolving their issues.
we did try to resolve this issue. it has been 2 months of resolving. we spent a month going back and forth with this issue via pm's and when it hit an impasse i took it up with paypal which took another month. this thread wasn't used to bitch about anything. i was trying to find out, like i stated previously, what was public opinion about what should happen in this case. i didn't even bring up the seller's name. it was all anonymous until the seller spilled the beans on himself.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 41 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Freshguy02
well got a negative feed back. oh well, problem solved, im sure the buyer feels like a bigger man now with all the support. i kinda wish paypal would of refunded his money, just so i could do what he did and come on here crying and acting like the victom. and honestly, i dont really care if im on someones "do not buy from" list. never had a problem selling anything, and dont see having any more issues. Just sucks being a seller on here, or ebay. or anything even related to this type of sales. i could give a perfect description of an item, and if someone just wants to be a a$$hole about it, than i will get screwed every time. Even if i had sent it in a huge box, packed full of padding, and something happens to it, i get screwed. packageing means nothing. There has to be some sort of backing for sellers on here. you can all say what you want abbout my attitude. based off the knowledge i was given, i did the best i could with shipping. and from now on i will just make sure i ask everyone if they want insurance and they can pay out of their pocket. And i still dont see how letting paypal resolve the issue is putting me in the wrong anyways. I was unsure whos responsability it is to cover the item, so i told him having paypal do it was the best and most fair way to deal with it. but im a bad guy and never buy from me.
as a buyer and a seller on here i will be the first to say that it IS the seller's responsability to ensure the delivery of the product. if the buyer doesn't get what they bought it is the sellers responsability, not the buyer. i sell and i work insurance into the price because the $1-3 is worth not having to go through this as a seller. as a buyer, i expect to get what i bought and if this would have happened to me, i would have been just as upset.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:17 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Judging from the attitude, I think it's possible he sent an empty torn package

New scam. Innovative thinking.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Funny how the Seller says he wishes Paypal had ruled in favor of the Buyer so he could avoid all this.

Simple solution: Be a man do the right thing and refund at least half the money it's really that simple.

lol
Old 02-26-2011, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

And if he would have atleast tried to work with the buyer people would have still done biz with him,not happening now buddy......................
Old 04-02-2011, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

This is an all too common issue.

Shipping insurance protects the buyer, and that is why buyers elect to pay for it. If they feel the item they purchased is valuable, they insure it against loss BY THE CARRIER. The seller turns the package over to the carrier. At that point his responsibility ends. Any claim for loss or damage of any item goes against the carrier (post office).

If I am the buyer, and the item is more valuable than I care to let the USPS trash, detroy, lose, or flatout STEAL (yeah, that happens folks), then I PAY FOR INSURANCE.

I might roll the dice on a $10 item, but when the items is worth $100 or more, state the value and pay for the insurance.

Buyers always want th elowest price shipping method, so if they choose no insurance, shame on them if the item is lost. And claiming insurance was never offered.....c'mon, you know better.

Judge Mathis rules in favor of the seller.

My .02, but that is what the original post asked for.