Wiki Posts
Search

Stupid buyer..

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 09:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Stupid buyer..

Well, I sold an almost brand new .60 Evolution airplane engine over at RCU for $65 shipped. Got the payment and sent it the next Monday. Shipping with tracking $9 something. One week goes by and I get pms asking if I shipped the engine, I told him check the tracking # and he never replied. I would have checked it but I couldn't find the slip. Well anyways 2 weeks goes by and I get a crazy pm saying I never shipped it and he's reporting me to paypal. Well that day I get the engine in my box with a sticker saying no such address. So I check the address and it matched what he wrote, I then matched it with the paypal address and it's one digit off. I pm him about it and he says he pm'd me the wrong address and to reship it he'll cover shipping. So I shipped it before he sent the shipping costs. And a week and a half later its confirmed delivered and still haven't received the money, no thank you for the hassle, no + feedback, and no apology for ripping me in the pm and possibly screwing up my paypal account for reporting.

Just thought I'd share my story not that entertaining but w/e. Anyone else have any sketchy buyer stories?
Old 09-18-2010, 02:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

I had a similar experience. I sold a gent a graphite chassis for his Xray M18 and shipped to the address with his PP payment. He suggested I use regular postal mail to save on postage as it wasn't much more than a flat plate. Weeks go by and nothing arrives. Turns out he had moved but never updated his PP address. He files a claim, and I end up sending him something else of greater value in compensation to his new address. He still goes ahead and posts bad feedback for me here on RCTech. What really upsets is that the deal was made through some other swap shop forum and not through RCTech at all. My feedback here continues to have a black eye as he can't (or won't) remove the negative.
Old 09-18-2010, 07:49 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SteveM
I had a similar experience. I sold a gent a graphite chassis for his Xray M18 and shipped to the address with his PP payment. He suggested I use regular postal mail to save on postage as it wasn't much more than a flat plate. Weeks go by and nothing arrives. Turns out he had moved but never updated his PP address. He files a claim, and I end up sending him something else of greater value in compensation to his new address. He still goes ahead and posts bad feedback for me here on RCTech. What really upsets is that the deal was made through some other swap shop forum and not through RCTech at all. My feedback here continues to have a black eye as he can't (or won't) remove the negative.
The only negative feedback that I see is from 2009. Is that the one? If so why wait a year to speak up?
Old 09-18-2010, 08:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

HA,

I had a guy pm me wanting to buy my os vspec so i hold it for about 3 days.

he pm'ed me again saying money order should be out by friday.

i get a pm friday after noon saying money order should be sent monday.

i get a pm monday saying he sent the money order.

3 weeks goes buy and i have not heard from him/ or seen a money order.

i still have the v spec. Is it safe to say i can relist it?
Old 09-18-2010, 09:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
The only negative feedback that I see is from 2009. Is that the one? If so why wait a year to speak up?
I did speak up several times only to be told that it wouldn't be fixed. No worries and I can live with the blemish on my record. My feedback everywhere else is perfect.

Last edited by SteveM; 09-18-2010 at 11:29 AM.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:55 AM
Tech Lord

Similar deal - replied to a RC Item Wanted posting for a Feigao 8XL motor and the guy told me he wanted it, just needed to get ot his next payday which was the next weekend.

I got it ready to ship, then didn't hear anything, so I pm'ed him and found out he mean the following payday. Didn't hear back from that one 2 weeks later either.

Sold it to someone else.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:11 AM
Tech Master

I don't get some people. I mean I do my used shopping and shoot some PMs and all but if I commit to buying something I won't back down out of nowhere unless something crazy happens.

Oh and btw how much for that VSpec?
Old 09-21-2010, 12:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)

I had the exact same thing happen. Some guy bought $350 worth of motorcycle parts from me off of ebay. It cost $40 to ship. I sent it out via USPS and a week and a half later I get it back with a "return to sender" stamp. I message him and sure enough two digits in the address were wrong. Trying to be a good ebayer I send it out before he paid for the extra shipping charges since he had been very nice and cooperative through out the transaction. Its been over a year and 5 ebay messages / emails later and I still never got my $40 to ship it a second time or even a response...
Old 09-21-2010, 12:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

I had a buyer purchase some parts, tires and a starter box (heavy). and it was shipped with tracking. I keep track of it and it is being held in a FedEx hub in his home town. Well I try messaging him, pm's, e-mails but I never hear a response, nada. Well the package makes it's way back and he finally responds back saying he was in the process of moving and had forgotten to mention that.!?. Well I made sure he paid me for shipping again before it went out a 2nd time.