Community
Wiki Posts
Search

just got screwed!! what to do?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 223 (100%+)

Some novaks have the easy set up button on the switch like paintchip mentioned. Do not cut off the switch if it does. Or if it has more than 2 wires going to it
Old 08-02-2010, 08:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

well, i did manage to get in contact with seller. im going to work something out with him. i have tried three batteries. my buddy has a havok, so he tried to make sure im not stupid. anyways, on third battery, we got the dreaded electric char smell, and unplugged right away. i checked continutity on the switch and it it has continuity.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default ?

Rebind your receiver
Old 08-02-2010, 09:42 PM
JSR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by simplechamp
+1 to this, you lose the "buyer/seller protection" from Paypal since technically you aren't buying or selling anything when it's marked as a gift.
The paypal protection doesn't really offer you much assurance anyways. If he really wanted to screw you, all he has to do is empty his paypal account. When you file a claim, paypal sends the other person a notification that a claim has been opened against them, giving them ample time to clear out the funds. If/When paypal finds in your favor, you still won't get any money back and the other person will just open another paypal account.
Good luck with getting your situation resolved. When it comes to buying from people over the web, it's a crapshoot regardless if you use paypal or not.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 223 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JSR
The paypal protection doesn't really offer you much assurance anyways. If he really wanted to screw you, all he has to do is empty his paypal account. When you file a claim, paypal sends the other person a notification that a claim has been opened against them, giving them ample time to clear out the funds. If/When paypal finds in your favor, you still won't get any money back and the other person will just open another paypal account.
Good luck with getting your situation resolved. When it comes to buying from people over the web, it's a crapshoot regardless if you use paypal or not.
Paypal will put a hold on that amount of funds as soon as a claim is filed. The seller has no opportunity to empty his funds. That's of course if..... He has funds in there to begin with. But I agree if he was out to screw someone he would have transfered the funds long before that point came. Overall if the seller has 20 or more feedback I send as a gift no problem. I don't think he was out to screw you unless he would have not replied. That is the risk we all take as buying used. Do not over pay for anything used because this can and someday will happen.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by simplechamp
And personally, I don't agree with people trying to skirt the Paypal fees, but that's a topic for another conversation.
Screw Paypal.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

If you dont like Paypal dont use it!!!! Pretty damn simple.