Wiki Posts
Search

HLPRESSLEY

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 10:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default HLPRESSLEY

Bought a slash 4x4 from HLPRESSLEY on May 5th and paid 300 through paypal. He told me that he would send it to me with a tracking number. Today is May 25th and I still have not received my item. He refunded my 300 dollars last week but swears it is still in the mail and that I can pay for it when I receive it. He may have sold it to someone else or it may be lost in the mail somewhere. If it was lost in the mail, the USPS would have returned it to him by now.

The worst thing about this is that, a bunch of us at my local track are buying this for a kid that constantly helps us out with pitting and turn marshall duties. He has no car and we thought this would be a nice gift to show our appreciation to this kid. Not only that, but It makes me look like an idiot or possibly just full of sh**t in front of my racing buddies.

If I receive this car, I will retract my statements but will still leave negative feedback due to the time it took to get it to me.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

You bought something 3 weeks ago and already got your money back from the seller, why would you leave negative feedback? Neutral maybe but even that would be pushing it.

Sucks you were trying to hook the kid up but atleast you still have you have your money in hand to try again.

Maybe he never sent it, maybe he sold it to someone else or maybe it is lost in the mail. Luckily for you and the kid he was honest enough to refund you the money and now you have the money back in your hand and can try to buy again.

just my thoughts unless I am missing something else
Old 05-25-2010, 11:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wikedgmc
You bought something 3 weeks ago and already got your money back from the seller, why would you leave negative feedback? Neutral maybe but even that would be pushing it.

Sucks you were trying to hook the kid up but atleast you still have you have your money in hand to try again.

Maybe he never sent it, maybe he sold it to someone else or maybe it is lost in the mail. Luckily for you and the kid he was honest enough to refund you the money and now you have the money back in your hand and can try to buy again.

Yeah you're missing the whole point. He billed me for it, I paid for it, he said he sent it, I have not received it. I agree that getting my money back is a good thing but that does not excuse the actions. To me this person is not a man that can be taken at his word.

You bring up feedback which is something I believe has gotten out of hand, almost like tipping at restaurants. Neutral feedback should be for a normal transaction like normal pay time (3 days), normal shipping time (1.5 week) and shipped as described. Excellent feedback should be for fast payers, fast shipping and better than expected condition. This person does not qualify for neutral feedback in my opinion.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:27 PM
Tech Elite

fair enough, we can agree to disagree

hope the kid gets a truck soon, thats cool of all of you
Old 05-25-2010, 11:28 PM
Tech Master

I can't believe that you would actually think of leaving this guy anything other than negative feedback along with the facts. In addition and for the record, I didn't mark up his sales percentage yet. If I receive the item, I will edit this post except for the parts about the slow shipping. It's the only fair thing after all of the PMs, not to mention he knew about the kid.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:35 PM
Tech Elite

Well - I would not leave him negative, what if it did get lost in the mail? We may never know that and bottom line is you got your money back.

I believe if he was trying to get over you would have had a much harder time getting your money back.

But again, we can agree to disagree, go get that kid his truck. If any of you are members of the tower club you can buy a new slash 4x4 2.4 for 320.00 shipped.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:39 PM
Tech Master

Well - I would not leave him negative, what if it did get lost in the mail? We may never know that and bottom line is you got your money back.

I believe if he was trying to get over you would have had a much harder time getting your money back.

But again, we can agree to disagree, go get that kid his truck. If any of you are members of the tower club you can buy a new slash 4x4 2.4 for 320.00 shipped.
Good enough!! But please remember the part about promising me a tracking number that I never got. I'll check out Tower.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:52 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

I kinda agree with wickedgmc on this deal. He had the respect and courtesy to refund you the money back. He could have just kept it and said its in the mail. I wouldnt leave him a neg feedback but I dont know if I would leave him a positive one either. But I do think that is a great thing you are doing for the kid at your track. My hat is off to you guys for hooking the kid up.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:09 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Default This is who you want to deal with....

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...er-opened.html
Old 05-26-2010, 07:11 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Thumbs up This is who you want to deal with....

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...er-opened.html He will do you right! I Highly Recomed you deal with Bulldog!
Old 05-26-2010, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

I also agree with wikedgmc on this one. Even if the seller didn't send it....or it got lost in the mail.....YOU are not out anything here. He refunded your cash, and yes you may be in a bit of a bind with your racing buddies....but at least the money is not lost or tied up until the truck is found.

Negative feedback i meant for bad transactions where money or items went missing or you got scammed....not for honest sellers trying to do the right thing. Had he not refunded your money, then sure....leave him negative feedback, but as of right now...you are out no money. You can simply go buy another truck. If this truck shows up someday....just ship it back to him. No harm...no foul.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

Negative feedback are for transactions that suck for whatever reason. This one clearly sucks. No, he's not out any money but he was for 2+ weeks!
I sell a lot of things a lot of places and fully expect a negative if I were to do something like this.
I just sold something on Ebay last week and said I would ship on Saturday. I couldn't ship until yesterday and so I refunded the guy his entire purchase price AND shipped in the hopes of not getting a neutral or negative.

Of course this is just my opinion but someone tying up your money for 2+ weeks definitely deserves a negative feedback.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

I was in a very similar situation feedback should be a honest score. If the buyer feels the seller dropped the ball or if the deal went south leaving a honest score is very important. Having a person wait for weeks and not providing a tracking number then refunding the money is fishy hes not a bank loans have interest.

Tracking number are a must any seller that ships any item without isn't thinking straight or hes not being honest. It will protect him and it will give the seller a sense of feeling that its been shipped and everything is OK. That's the point.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:44 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

I say a neg feedback is to harsh but I wouldnt leave him a positive one either. I would leave him a neutral one and say that he did refund the money but did not produce a tracking number.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I sold a guy a HPI 5T earlier this year. Sent it USPS also. It took 20 days for it to finally show up. I was 1 day away from filing a claim to get the insurance money for it. So it is not beyond reason for it to be lost in the mail.

Leaving the guy a negative was not very cool though. If he was trying to take you he would of never refunded your money to you. I think you over reacted a little due to the fact of you think you "look like a idiot or full of S*** " to your buddies.

From all you have posted the seller has had good intentions the whole time. You got your money back and that is always a good thing. So now the only person out in this deal is the seller.

So how does this equate to a negative due to it being lost in the mail? Unless the seller is your mail carrier then it's not his fault.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.