Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
All the NOOB's popping on here to sell! >

All the NOOB's popping on here to sell!

All the NOOB's popping on here to sell!

Old 03-23-2010, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

on rcu i have 6 feedback on rcu and the dude had 12 and still ripped me off.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:24 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Originally Posted by speedracer rc
well you if you use paypal and dont send it as a gift you can usually 8times out of 10 get a refund. Also for some one to ship their item to you before you even give them some form of a payment is redicoulous. I got scammed by a person that had twice as much good feedback as me. Feedback isnt always a clear way of determining if the person will for some reason scam you or not
lol.....i have been scammed by paypal as well!!!!! still currently sueing them!!!!! and im not talkin pennies either! so paypal sucks and so do scammers!! lol
Old 03-23-2010, 05:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 100 (99%+)

yup I got ripped off by 2 guys on eBay with over 1000 maybe more feedback. it just gives them more time to figure out the loop holes and take peoples money feedback doesn't always mean they are a good person
Old 03-23-2010, 05:33 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

A minimum post count is useless because people will just post anything to get the count up. Its just buyer beware, Ive bought and sold to 0 feedbacks without incident. Just do your homework and make sure there is good communication, thats the only thing you really can do..
Old 03-23-2010, 05:51 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tha Beast
just because we "noobs" don't sell much or post on rctech doesn't mean we are not part of other forums or trusted sellers on other sites. I just posted for the first time a few days ago and I like to
provide my screen name on other sites so that you more " experienced" guys can trust a noob... sorry if I sound a lil mad but I kinda am
i agree, if you feel a way bout a buyer/seller dont deal w/them. ive seen threads w/NO pics move their items in under a day. i have multiple pics and guys want u to bend over backwards(i guees they jus want to convo) and dont respond, lol.

i always ask to send as a gift, makes it easier for me especially after ive sent a photo albumn worth of pics, ha!! i have no desire to jerk anyone for RC items/parts, if thats ur deal u need to run up in a bank or go to a lhs/track and just deebo(just take it)

minimum posts: yes, i was ref to amount of posts before u can post pics.....which should be vital to the sell of an item
Old 03-23-2010, 05:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BADAZZPSD
What is with the recent influx of people joining our ranks just to come in and peddle their stuff? Little to no posts, no trader feedback, no introduction, just a for sale ad.

This isn't Craigslist!

I think RcTech should implement a rule like I have seen on other sites. I think new members should be required to have X amount of posts and time onboard before they can post a "for sale" ad in the classified section.

Not to mention...... how many of these ads are scams!
Everyone has to start from ground Zero and I'm sure you didn't start with 600posts either! Initial deals are hard to do until the feedbacks gets started. It all takes time. Ain't nobody gonna ship before payment is received either. I learned the hard way!!!
Old 03-23-2010, 05:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

You're mad? Well if you don't like it, go back to one of your "other" forums. Us "experienced" guys are just trying to avoid getting taken for a ride and think it should be a privilege to sell, not a given. We are actually interested in buying, not scouring through a hundred threads of garbage to find a real one.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:57 PM
Tech Addict

That would happen to be the .5% We're worried about the 99.5
Old 03-23-2010, 06:01 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Andy Koback
Everyone has to start from ground Zero and I'm sure you didn't start with 600posts either! Initial deals are hard to do until the feedbacks gets started. It all takes time. Ain't nobody gonna ship before payment is received either. I learned the hard way!!!
I understand starting from ground zero, I think you're missing my point. I hate seeing people that do not and will not participate. They join to do nothing more than steal or to post something for sale and then they're gone.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:04 PM
Tech Addict

yup I got ripped off by 2 guys on eBay with over 1000 maybe more feedback. it just gives them more time to figure out the loop holes and take peoples money feedback doesn't always mean they are a good person
That is a longshot, not doubting you but the likelihood is slim. We can not prevent it 100%, we are just trying to eliminate as much risk as possible.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 100 (99%+)

Originally Posted by BADAZZPSD
You're mad? Well if you don't like it, go back to one of your "other" forums. Us "experienced" guys are just trying to avoid getting taken for a ride and think it should be a privilege to sell, not a given. We are actually interested in buying, not scouring through a hundred threads of garbage to find a real one.
WTF makes you more experienced than me you saw my feedback on ebay just because youve been on rctech longer than me doesnt make you any better than us new guys... you really just need to get off your high horse dude!!! you JUST bought something from a "noob" and now your putting me down whata hypocrite here you go this is what you just bought from a noob http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...combo-f-s.html
everyone started from somewhere get over yourself
Old 03-23-2010, 07:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

If you don't like the fact that someone is new to the site just don't deal with them. This isn't a life or death situation it's toy cars...expensive toy cars. Let the newer guys deal with each other untill they reach that magical feedback rating that makes you warm and fuzzy inside but doesn't really mean a thing. Just because someone used to be good to deal with, doesn't mean they will always be good to deal with. You take a chance every time you make a deal with someone sight unseen.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jusleanit
i always ask to send as a gift, makes it easier for me especially after ive sent a photo albumn worth of pics, ha!! i have no desire to jerk anyone for RC items/parts, if thats ur deal u need to run up in a bank or go to a lhs/track and just deebo(just take it)
Just so you know if you ask me (and a lot of other members on here) to send the money as a gift I will most likely walk away. To me if you are willing to steal from paypal then how do I know that you won't try to steal from me. It's nothing personal but to me stealing is stealing. If you use paypal's services by being paid through them then they deserve to get their 3%.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:49 PM
Tech Addict

WTF makes you more experienced than me you saw my feedback on ebay just because youve been on rctech longer than me doesnt make you any better than us new guys... you really just need to get off your high horse dude!!! you JUST bought something from a "noob" and now your putting me down whata hypocrite here you go this is what you just bought from a noob http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...combo-f-s.html
everyone started from somewhere get over yourself
Why don't you try reading you hot headed jackass! I actually complimented you on the first page!!!!! See...... this proves my point folks.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:52 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Justin B
If you don't like the fact that someone is new to the site just don't deal with them. This isn't a life or death situation it's toy cars...expensive toy cars. Let the newer guys deal with each other untill they reach that magical feedback rating that makes you warm and fuzzy inside but doesn't really mean a thing. Just because someone used to be good to deal with, doesn't mean they will always be good to deal with. You take a chance every time you make a deal with someone sight unseen.
Again, missing the point, try reading the entire thread before assuming you know what this thread is about!

This was not a stab at people with low feedback scores, it was a rant about the people abusing the site to sell one thing and that is and will be they're only post and you may or may not get what you paid for.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.