** Low Ball Offers **

Old 03-18-2010, 11:03 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

HAHAHA RCnitrodude must think different from everyone else. Like I said, you might not know that you have made a bad offer. Just cause the seller doesnt tell you, doesnt mean you have. Think what you want there super buyer LOL
Old 03-18-2010, 11:08 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

ill admit, ive been known to lowball...lol, but only when i feel the price is to high, alot of guys are selling used items at new cost or more!! thats the only time i do! atleast im honest...lol!!
Old 03-18-2010, 11:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Neu_Racer
As for lowballs, the guy offering computer speakers had to be joking?
He offered me some pos cheapie home theater system first then came back with the computer speakers. Unfortunately he was serious.

On the other hand I had a member pm me with an offer that started "low ball alert" that I ended up accepting on another item. I had no use for it and something was better than nothing. I have no problem selling some items cheap (or giving them away) to someone that can use them from time to time.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowcel
Low ball offers don't really bother me, I always write back a simple, polite reply stating that I appreciate the offer but I am going to have to pass. My favorite one was a couple of weeks ago, I had a member offer me a pair of computer speakers that would blow the fuse when turned on for a roller I was selling. All I would have to do was figure out what was blowing the fuse.
You've got to be kidding....... hahahaha
Old 03-25-2010, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

think of offers on your thread as a "free bump"
Old 03-25-2010, 10:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default who cares

this is supposed to be a community of near friends "brothers in the hobby" don't bash. Good for you if you have tons of extra money to burn I don't and I will "low ball" till I die I am the guy at the flea market haggling over a $2 item the problem is most people here think their selling gold my lowball offer is a reality check and more times than not you guys that list "firm" will take less than the firm price as in real cars I never pay sticker price. and an after thought ...if you guys have all this extra money to burn than helping out a few low ballers stay in the hobby shouldnt hurt you too much you should feel good about keeping someone in the hobby going.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lucky1313
this is supposed to be a community of near friends "brothers in the hobby" don't bash.
For a community of near friends...there sure do seem to be a lot of scammers and thieves.

Sorry, I had to say it. Everyday when I check the ForSale/Trade forums I see someone new who just got scammed. It is the one thing about this hobby that really frustrates me compared to some of my other hobbies.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:03 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

low ball offers and ppl that want you to show a photo album worth of pics and a laundry list rundown when pics speak for themselves i call them 'windowshoppers'
Old 03-25-2010, 08:08 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lucky1313
this is supposed to be a community of near friends "brothers in the hobby" don't bash. Good for you if you have tons of extra money to burn I don't and I will "low ball" till I die I am the guy at the flea market haggling over a $2 item the problem is most people here think their selling gold my lowball offer is a reality check and more times than not you guys that list "firm" will take less than the firm price as in real cars I never pay sticker price. and an after thought ...if you guys have all this extra money to burn than helping out a few low ballers stay in the hobby shouldnt hurt you too much you should feel good about keeping someone in the hobby going.
you mite need to take ur budget self somewhere else, what you do may be looked upon as trying to get over. if you dont have the bread to ge what you want then get up and make it happen. if they clearly state the terms in the thread why go against the grain?? its like im tellin you the fires hot but you stick ur hand in the flame anyway, smh
Old 03-26-2010, 02:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Nobody should complain about low ball offers. This is the way negotions work. The seller almost always asks too much for what they're selling, especially on RC sites such as this. The seller shoots high, the buyer shoots low, and hopefully you can meet somewhere in the middle. That's just the way things go.

I always have to laugh when somebody puts up a a stock RC, such as an RTR Slash, that's used and offers it for only $20 or $30 less than brand new. I mean are you kidding me? I'd rather spend the extra 10-15% on a brand new one for the peace of mind knowing I'm buying something with zero problems and a full manufacturer's warranty.

But even a low ball offer can start negotiations so it doesn't hurt. And, at least it's a free bump on your for sale thread if the offer happens to come on the forum.

So why are you complaining again?
Old 03-26-2010, 07:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

First off the phrase low balling is stupid its called negotiating. And this forum is mostly a seller forum so considering people your friends is a little far fetched for me. But back on topic some people offer what they can afford or wish they could but it for or maybe what its worth to them. For instance a slash 2wd roller for $100 too me thats too much i wouldnt pay more than $70 for one. Dont care if its used a little or alot ITS USED and new cost a few bucks more a brushed setup and 2.4ghz radio. And all the bearing are new and shocks are new so get a reality check before you start ing about petty stuff! Were all supposed to be men here right?
Old 03-27-2010, 06:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

$$$FIRM usually means your looking at my lowest price, I always sell things very reasonable anyway, I can count on one hand how many times I've made money selling stuff online, I usually have a lot more invested.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default re low ball offers

Originally Posted by Jusleanit
low ball offers and ppl that want you to show a photo album worth of pics and a laundry list rundown when pics speak for themselves i call them 'windowshoppers'
you can also call them "tirekickers"

in general most guys dont offer you ridiculously low amounts. most rc guys know how much a product is new so they adjust their offers accordingly.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

this thread is funny..1 way to solve all the problems is...if u dont want lowballs...dont sell stuff.....also...i am guilty of lowball, hell if u want 100 for something..ill offer 60...you say no..ill offer 70...even if i have every intention of paying 100 for it...ill still offer to see what your lowest dollar is...your stupid if you get on here..and see a thing for sale for 100obo, and say okay heres 100 for it thanks, whats it hurt to say will u take 90 shipped..people amaze me...to poor..haha....na in all actuality its called money managing...why would i want to pay 10 dollars more if i didnt have to...that could help my utility bill as you said...
Old 03-28-2010, 03:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yea I get a chuckle over some of the prices being asked on this board..when you ask $250 for a slash with no electronics your pretty much asking for a low ball offer..I mean really..with "things" the way they are right now, your "used" RC stuff is worth 50% at best..if it's a few models old even less..so as far as "Low Ball" offers go..deal with them..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.