Search

** Low Ball Offers **

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 04:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XXXDad
I post no lowballs!
What if I wear boxers or go commando? I ain't running out and buying some fruit of the loom's just so I can buy stuff from you.

BTW- Tighty whitey's suck.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 144 (100%+)

The low ball thing is annoying but I hate the trade thing more.If I put no trades or only interested in trading for X,Y or Z do not ask me if I will trade for C.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:20 AM
Super Moderator

Your ad says no trades or shipping outside the us and you get a message that starts I know you said no trades but I got this great pile of crap beat up r/c I am looking to trade for your very nice r/c or I know you said no outside shipping but will you ship to some place you never heard of for 10% lower then your asking price. Thats what drives me nuts
Old 03-16-2010, 06:42 AM
Tech Initiate

i 'm just tossing my hat in the ring here........getting people "low balling" is what comes with the whole selling end of things. u know...ever by a car , motorcycle, house .its all about price price price regaurdsless how much money you got NOW as far as you i want it but don't got no money jokers..here's my commment to that ...PEOPLE IN HELL WANT ICE WATER TOOO................Taking a lil hit on something i'm selling ,,it's cool wit me for these reason : if i'm selling it -it's no longer any use to me for whatever reason,,,,the more people we help get in the hobby the bigger and mainstream it will become.......and most of all ...WE ALL HAD TOO START SOMEPLACE !!!!!!!! so why not reach back and pull someone else in we got yanked in some how...............we shouldn't forget those times when we are now standing on top of our rc castles
Old 03-16-2010, 11:48 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

I agree with you outlaw. And for those people that say they have never ever low balled anyone, you are all full of crap. Its human nature to. If someone say 100 bucks for it and you offer them 99, that could be a low ball offer to them. Whether you know it or not, we have all done it before, we just might know it.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:40 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

It's a part of selling. I know people get pissed, but just because it's yours, it does not make it worth anymore to the person buying it.

I hate the People that sell the higher end stuff for $10 less than what you can buy it new for, and get pissed when you point it out.

4 months old and a handful of races? Like new? BS I want more than $10 bucks taken off. I don't care how special you "THINK" you are.

Perfect example Tekin RS's are selling here for around $160 a pop.

They are brand new 159.99 At Stomer Hobbies.

If you don't want to be low balled as much, then set a fair price to begin with....
Old 03-17-2010, 11:57 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

seems like supply and demand. If someone is willing to pay it, and the supply of NIB stuff is short, expect to pay to get it. Simple as that.

As for Lowball offers, I have been lately just sending messages to the seller via the pm system as to what is there best price they can do. If it works for me, I'll buy, if it doesn't, I'll let them know and wish them the best.

Lately, been getting second offers from sellers because of this with a lower price than there previous best.

it doesn't insult them by me asking versus throwing some number out there.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:06 PM
Tech Master

Yes part of it is supply and demand absolutely.What I hate )and it is against user policy) when someone posts your price is too high I can get it here for cheaper ( or same price).If you want to point that out fine.DO IT BY PM NOT IN THEIR POST! Also if you want to make me an offer do it buy PM instead of posting in the thread. Will you take less? Maybe if you pm me an offer that I agree to but I will not put it in my post I will take less because then I am asking for 20 pms asking if I will take 100.00 for an item I am selling for 200.00.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:25 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jinxed
Yes part of it is supply and demand absolutely.What I hate )and it is against user policy) when someone posts your price is too high I can get it here for cheaper ( or same price).If you want to point that out fine.DO IT BY PM NOT IN THEIR POST! Also if you want to make me an offer do it buy PM instead of posting in the thread. Will you take less? Maybe if you pm me an offer that I agree to but I will not put it in my post I will take less because then I am asking for 20 pms asking if I will take 100.00 for an item I am selling for 200.00.
Just to be clear on what I posted. I have NEVER EVER EVER, posted that in someone's thread. I don't think what you said was directed towards me, but just to be sure.

And your right offering $100 for a $200 dollar item is pretty insane.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:31 PM
Tech Master

It was not directed toward anyone just a it annoys me type thing.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Low ball offers don't really bother me, I always write back a simple, polite reply stating that I appreciate the offer but I am going to have to pass. My favorite one was a couple of weeks ago, I had a member offer me a pair of computer speakers that would blow the fuse when turned on for a roller I was selling. All I would have to do was figure out what was blowing the fuse.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by diesel32x
I agree with you outlaw. And for those people that say they have never ever low balled anyone, you are all full of crap. Its human nature to. If someone say 100 bucks for it and you offer them 99, that could be a low ball offer to them. Whether you know it or not, we have all done it before, we just might know it.
Whoever thinks that has to be one simple minded individual. I've never low balled anyone as I dont wish to droop to the level of those who do. I dont mind paying someone's asking price if I think it's fair, but if it seems to high, I move one.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Realistically, again I have never low-balled. Offering $99 for something listed as $100 is not a low-ball offer by any meaning of the definition.

I frequent other forums for other hobbies of mine and have bought and sold many items from these types of forums. No offense to the RC enthusiast (I'm one myself), but you do not see the low-balling, or even a fraction of the amount of scams and other behind the back activities on those forums that I do on the various RC forums. It is clearly indicitive of the RC hobby. I mean in the Trader Feedback forums on this site alone, you have one whole thread dedicated strictly to scammers, and then you have several additional threads regarding other scammers. One forum I regular and have done a lot of buying and selling on the past 3 years, I can think of maybe one guy that tried to scam someone, and he was hunted down by the site and the authorities and dealt with. Haven't seen one since. I log on here everyday and see a new post about someone who got scammed. I've tried to think about it but I just don't understand why there appears to be so many shady individuals attracted to the RC hobby.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

So many scammers are attracted to the RC hobby because the hobby is expensive and a great deal of people can't afford it. And since there is an ever increasing amount of sociopaths in the world these days why not get stuff for free at the expense of a hard working person? Much like Democrats who want to tax the working and give to the lazy! (Now don't go bashing this statement, I get my opinion like anyone else)

As for lowballs, the guy offering computer speakers had to be joking?

Its not just here we get lowballs though. I ended an auction on Ebay for a complete set of Slash 4x4 wheels NIB. GOt an email from some guy asking if I would take $15 shipped for them. REALLY????? That's what, $7.55 after shipping and paypal fees?
I have definitely sent offers lower than the asking price but I generally start it with, "Your item is worth more but if you're in a rush to sell I have $XXX.XX right now I can give you right now"

Whether or not the person accepts it generally doesn't invoke a negative reaction. I'm not trying to tell the guy his stuff sucks but just giving him an option for a quick sale.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

Lets be realistic someone wants 150.00 shipped offering 140.00 in my book is not lowballing. Offering 110.00 is especially if the item is priced right.When I first got into hobby owner of hobby shop told me once something is used in RC stuff expect 50% of what you paid.You pay 300.00 for car use it for a year expect to get 150.00 out of it if you sell it.He did point out there were some exceptions( at the time one exception was t maxxes) Now I would classify exceptions as Tekin, PT's, and alot of other brushless stuff and high end cars.Yes you can get more then 50% on some items but it was always something I have kept in my head. I have seen people sell for below the 50% and I have seen people try to sell a car that sells for 475 new for 425 that has been used for a year plus.( not realistic in my book but who am I to say what people can attempt to sell their cars for)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.