Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should I have gotten neg feedback???

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator

Default Should I have gotten neg feedback???

Story goes I sell item to person he pays for it, then I found would because of work hours I will not make it to the post office in a timely manor to deliver item so I refund the persons money. They understand about working long hours, but they send me the money again with out asking, never tell me, sent money the same day but I had not check my paypal for a day or to. After refunding and getting the money again, which was 24 hours after I refunded it the first time, I tell him I wish to no longer sell it, and then I get - feedback I would be happy with a neterul.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (96%+)

Well you guys did make a deal and you back out so I am sure he's a little P.O.ed at you. I don't think a neg would be deserved but I would pass the word about you backing out after you had the money if I were him.....

Just my 2cents.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator

Paided sunday

Return Money tuesday night becasue I could not make to post office in a few days.

Tuesday night : sends money 30 min after I refunding it, with out my permission or even telling me.

Wed: sends me a message asking if it was ok he paided me again, almost 24 hours after sending money, in that time I did not check my paypal, had no reason to, in that time from tuesday to wed night I decided I ddid't want to sell now, but I refund his money as soon as i know I have it, and tell him I whish not to sell at the current time

Thurs get neg feed back
Old 03-11-2010, 05:22 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I'm sorry, but you changed you mind after taking money. If you're selling it, you're selling it. If it was me, I'd hope you get back to me and say "hey, I can't ship just yet; do you mind waiting?" I would probably say "no, so long as it's no more than a few days". But for you to decide not to sell I'm leaning towards a negative.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)

Wait a minute.. let me get this straight.. a rational logical mindset discussion going on here? gotta be kidding me...

Here's my nickle's worth..

You "sold", he "paid"... you "refunded" due to lack of ability to ship in timely manner.. So far so good?
Question: Did you ask the buyer if it was ok do to working (I seen something in there about the long hours) that it took a few days?
Or did you just refund and give the explaination?
Response: If you asked, and he said ok, then he shouldn't have given the negative.
Response: If you just refunded and gave the explaination in the refund email, then "I" would be pissed as well, and would have PM'd a ~nice~ message to you...
and depending on that response from you, may have left a negative.
**Although you do have 50 ratings, now at 98% to the positive**

He then send you the money again.. to which you did not notice for a day or so .. correct?
Once it was noticed, you refunded again, with the explaination that you no longer wish to sell said item?
Response: To me, this is totally your call.. everyone is liable to make choices/decisions at any given time. You have the right to sell, or not to sell.
At this point, given the information you provided, you never actually AGREED to sell it right? hence the refund of the refund of the payment paid? (ha!)

Nuetral at best given your side of the deal story..

*Please leave change for my nickle via paypal at [email protected]

Thanks!
Reese
Old 03-11-2010, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by SirKarnage
Wait a minute.. let me get this straight.. a rational logical mindset discussion going on here? gotta be kidding me...

Here's my nickle's worth..

You "sold", he "paid"... you "refunded" due to lack of ability to ship in timely manner.. So far so good? yes
Question: Did you ask the buyer if it was ok do to working (I seen something in there about the long hours) that it took a few days? no
Response: If you asked, and he said ok, then he shouldn't have given the negative.
Response: If you just refunded and gave the explaination in the refund email, then "I" would be pissed as well, and would have PM'd a ~nice~ message to you... yes
and depending on that response from you, may have left a negative.
**Although you do have 50 ratings, now at 98% to the positive**

He then send you the money again.. to which you did not notice for a day or so .. correct? yes
Once it was noticed, you refunded again, with the explaination that you no longer wish to sell said item? yes
Response: To me, this is totally your call.. everyone is liable to make choices/decisions at any given time. You have the right to sell, or not to sell.
At this point, given the information you provided, you never actually AGREED to sell it right? hence the refund of the refund of the payment paid? (ha!)

Nuetral at best given your side of the deal story..

*Please leave change for my nickle via paypal at [email protected]

Thanks!
Reese
ok
Old 03-11-2010, 06:31 PM

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Most people nowadays would figure when you back out of a deal for what most would see as a bit of a lame reason (especially since you didn't contact him before you refunded), that you are actually backing out for a different reason, such as: You got a chance to sell it for a better price, you changed your mind about selling it that cheap, etc... Something that was a benefit to you.

With the info given, I can understand why the buyer was ticked off, I would've been too. That said, however, I don't think I would've left a you a negative. I prolly would've just left you a nuetral with a warning to other buyers, and started a thread here just to explain what happened. Keep it on the record.

When it's percieved that you backed out for NOT a good reason, someone is gonna be upset because they wasted their time buying something and thinking it was a done deal, and then had to start over.

Just my 2-cents as well...and go ahead and send me Karnage's refund...I'll PM you my paypal. I need the money!

Brad
Old 03-11-2010, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roadrashracing
ok
From above:

Question: Did you ask the buyer if it was ok do to working (I seen something in there about the long hours) that it took a few days? no← Your Answer
Response: If you just refunded and gave the explaination in the refund email, then "I" would be pissed as well, and would have PM'd a ~nice~ message to you... yes← Your answer

and depending on that response from you, may have left a negative
Old 03-11-2010, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator

message sent to buyer trying to make it right, offered a few dollars cheaper and send it out right away.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:44 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roadrashracing
message sent to buyer trying to make it right, offered a few dollars cheaper and send it out right away.
Now THAT deserves a positive!
Old 03-11-2010, 08:42 PM
Super Moderator

Item will be shipped in morning
Old 03-11-2010, 09:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

sounds like the guy is just easily butthurt i see no reason to leave a negative. you couldnt make it to the post office so what else were you going to do? keep his money and the item? 97sfeclipse what a joke lol
Old 03-11-2010, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

Nobody lost anything within a very short period of time. I don't know a single board that would allow a negative for a refunding.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCNitroDude999
sounds like the guy is just easily butthurt i see no reason to leave a negative. you couldnt make it to the post office so what else were you going to do? keep his money and the item? 97sfeclipse what a joke lol
I dont know 97sfeclipse but I can see from his trader rating that he has 3 pages of feedback left for others and he only left 1 other negative feedback, so to say "sounds like the guy is just easily butthurt" doesn't seem to fit with the facts.

The reality is roadrashracing was in the wrong. He made a deal, got paid, and then backed out of the deal, those are the facts. Now whether or not negative feedback was deserved is entirely up to one's opinion. Now since we are now dealing with opinions...

In my opinion roadrashracings story would be more believable if he didnt change his mind about selling the item. If you would have asked him if he was willing to wait a few days so you had time to get to the post office, and he turned that down then I would be more inclined to believe the story.

All that said you are making the situation right and once the item is received the feedback should be removed and/or changed to positive.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Once you have a DEAL---and you ACCEPT the money---it's a CONTRACT!!! He has every right to be pissed off and YOU deserve all the negative feedback. WHY is it people nowadays don't feel they have ANY responsibility to perform??? It's all because of something else--- work too much?? BS---that's an excuse that does not work. YOU accepted a deal and the money--YOU should have performed OR--you earned the feedback.
SImple isn't it?
T

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.