Wiki Posts
Search

Don't assume all of Nebraska is bad

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 09:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Smile Don't assume all of Nebraska is bad

I'm tired of people going on these forums and getting screwed by one or two people from the same place and than think that everyone from that place is bad.

Everyone thinks that they're dealing with the most honest person in the world and then when they screw them, they have a great big pitty party. If you go into the deal thinking the person is dishonest you might have better chance. Do extensive back ground checks on the person so you don't get screwed.
Take for instance Kdeezee he is a 14 year old kid. How many buisness men do you see at 14? What kind of discision did you make a t 14? Did you lie or scam to get something? Now everyone I am sure will reply how good of a kid they were and how they would never do such a thing. Thats just plain crap. I did it you did it most everyone has done something stupid more than once in their life.
Second example the kid has 76 posts on a thread about how bad he is!! I think that should throw up a red light.
Another good idea is to see if they have sold anything on ebay or find out some how and check there feed back there.
Or see if they will give you any references of other fellow racers to vouch for them. More than one usually.
Now how will that look for me if I want to sell something on this forum. I am a honest adult I don't screw people. And I would like sell some stuff.
Oh by the way I am not defending the kid. I am just saying you are part to blame for the sour deals.[B]
Old 04-07-2004, 04:59 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

NO ONE ever said all of NE was bad!

Funny thing is, several said Anthony was a good guy.
Well guees what, I guess even good guys do stupid stuff.

He took me and several others!

He is 28.....and still a punk!

I don't want a pitty party. I WANT WHAT I BOUGHT OR MY MONEY BACK...

Very simple....

If your tired of it, say something to these guys at the track.

Will I think twice about doing a trade in NE, YES!
Old 04-07-2004, 05:21 AM
Suspended

NE looks pretty bad right now!!! i just moved here now i cant even sell anything!!!! so i am pretty much SCREWED
Old 04-07-2004, 06:23 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I know I wont trade or buy from anyone in Nebraska again,2 deals and got screwed on both of them.
Old 04-07-2004, 11:07 AM
R/C Tech Founder

Stealth RC is another account attached to kdeezee. They keep registering new ones.
Old 04-07-2004, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Huskerfreak,

Like futureal just mentioned, it is hard to track scammers when they just keep changing their name and m/o. It happens on ebay as much as it does on the boards. The way most scammers get traders like us is that we are looking for that "something for nothing" deal. They prey on us being so cheap that they throw the bait of a good car, batteries, motors, etc, at a ridiculously low price and we bite on it. As I have learned from ebay and here, if it is too good to be true, then it is. Deal with people you know or people who are willing to give you reference information to ebay or other trade sites that they do business on. A little sweat and leg work now could save you a bunch of dollars later. This is my $0.02 on the matter.
Old 04-07-2004, 07:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

So you peole are saying just because of two or three guys haved screwed over some people you won't trade with anybody from NE? That is pretty dumb!! So what your saying is since three out of 1.7 million people in Ne took a few people you can trust no one from this great state. Somebody better tell Warren Buffet because his stocks are going to plumit. HA HA . I hope you all don't ever plan on going to Vegas anytime soon neither then. You go there give them lots of money hoping to get something good in return (a lot more money). But nine times out of ten you go home broke sun burnt and back to that crappy job. Do you people get what I am trying to say? This trade forum is all about the honest system and if you been living in a cave this world is far from being a good honest world. You can't trust no one but yourself!!
Old 04-07-2004, 07:15 PM
Company Representative

futureal: please remove the trade postion of the board.

Per huskerfreak

"This trade forum is all about the honest system and if you been living in a cave this world is far from being a good honest world. You can't trust no one but yourself!!"

So, if someone gets taken, it's alright, they should have known better!
Old 04-24-2004, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Well, I'm from Nebraska.. I even know Anthony.. I am suprised he would do such things.. I know in order for me to trust him.. he better make amends... As of right now I do not associate with him..

there are some good people here.. there are some bad people here.. I just know that I personally could never rip off a fellow human being especially one in the same hobby as me.. other peoples actions on here have affected me trying to sell things on here.. big time.. some of them are probably reading this right now..

I'm just trying to say.. don't let the few foolish and deceitful people make you not see the fellow r/cr's that are just like you... I'm always here to help others to have a good time... and that will never change..

regard,
Ben Burtle
Old 04-24-2004, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

I would suggest for the two young guys that race here in Lincoln, NE.. you two know me.. to quit making new accounts, quit trying to get more out of what you have than it's worth, quit manipulating people, and most of all quit coming on to the forum.. I will have to suggest this in person to you two also.. I cannot make you.. but, you are affecting others by your irratic behavior..

I would also quit pointing fingers for blame.. honesty is more valuable than anything you two own.. and you'll enjoy the hobby a lot more if you have people who trust you..

regards,
Ben Burtle
Old 04-24-2004, 03:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Warpig, if you know these guys could you talk to their folks one on one? There's still stuff happening, and I don't think e-mail or phone calls seem to make a damn bit of difference anymore. If you could, I know more than a few of us would appreciate it.
Old 04-24-2004, 03:50 PM
Company Representative

warpig: the problem is, anyone can hide behind a name on the internet.

Anthony is not man enough to even answer the phone anymore, he has his girlfriend do it.

Thanks for any help...
Old 04-24-2004, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

you know what the saddest part is? I have heard from others that he's done this many many times in his past.. he scams people and then disappears from racing for a while..

it's too bad.. because he is honestly one of the best drivers I've every came accross.. such a waste
Old 04-26-2004, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

It's nothing against all NE. As was pointed out earlier they switch names alot. So the people on the board are weary to do business with somebody from the same place as a previous scammer, especially if they are new to the board, because we are not sure if it is the same person or not. So don't take it personal. Just make a good name for yourself on here, don't screw anyone on deals, and people will see YOU as a good person, not judging you on where you live.
Old 04-26-2004, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I think everyone should realize that just because the location says one thing, it does not mean that it is true.
It is hard to gain trust here, both buyer and seller alike. Keep up a good reputation and make contacts throughout the rc community and check those trader feedbacks.
Also a good idea to send stuff with signature request, so you can build a case saying this person received your item and vice/versa, and don't forget to track packages.
We spend alot of money on this hobby, is it too much to ask that you spend a few dollars on safeguards. Now I know that this will not work with all situations, but every little bit can help.

Futureal, I don't know if this is feasible but another rc board has trader rankings on the left side with pos/neg/neutral (sp?).
Yes I know people can reregister but I for one won't deal with someone who has very few posts and no feedback. Just a thought.

Sorry for rambling, I work in Law enf. and sick and tired of seeing people rip honest ones off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.