Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need your opinion on a seller...

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 09:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Default Need your opinion on a seller...

Hi All,

I need your opinion on a seller. I paid 325 shipped for a mbx6 tekno roller on Thursday Jan 14th. The seller said he was going to take his stuff out the the buggy next day and ship it the following day Saturday. So i was like ok.. That monday or tuesday, i asked if he shipped. He said no because he raced it on Sunday and broke it and he is waiting for a part to fix it so he can ship it. I was pissed right there. I figured I paid for it already, and therefore it's mine. Why is he racing "my" car. Then, we squashed it and he said he'll send when he fixes it. Since then, I have sent him 2 PM on rctech and an email to his paypal address. Til this day, i have not heard from him and I know he has been on RCtech because i see some of his post. Also, i have not received the mbx6 and it's been since Jan 14th when i sent payment. Folks, what do you guys think about this and what shall I do? Please view the convo below on PM. Let me know if I am in the wrong.

thx

Originally Posted by teeforb
I appriciate the truth, but you telling me does not justify the fact u told me you were going to ship on sat. Anyway, pls ship soon when u get it fixed and let me know of ANYTHING is wrong with it. It's evident you had a decent crash and I'm concerned about the chassis, bent shock shafts, or bent drive shafts. Please check everything to make sure it's ok. Thanks

Originally Posted by JaDeR
I'm in Miami. U should have it by thurs
u ship and do u have tracking number?
bro im sorry i havent shipped. i used it sunday and broke the front brace. i have a new one coming tomorrow. as soon as i fix it ill send over
and if you broke the front brace, the chassis could be bent. I purchased this is supposedly great condition. No I'm not sure if that's the case. If there is anything wrong with it, I don't want it bro!
look man, at least i tolf you i broke something on it and im replacing it. you need to relax. if i wanted to be an asshole i couldve sent it the way it is. and if i wanted to be a bigger asshole i could not send shit and theres nothing you could do about it because you sent the money as a gift which takes away your ability to open a claim dispute with paypal. worst thing you would do if any of those are the case is give me a bad itrader rating which doesnt matter much to me. so relax. i will send the buggy with a new front hinge pin brace or holder or whatever you call the thing that hold the pin for the front lower arm
Old 01-29-2010, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Sounds like the guy is a young, immature, prick who has not real incentive to help you or make it right. I think you will be lucky to get what you bought in a condition that makes you happy.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

I couldn't imagine racing a car that wasn't mine (once you paid for the car it no longer belonged to the seller). The seller is definitely in the wrong on this, then for him to get an attitude just makes it worse. With all that said I hope you paid for it with a credit card, especially since you paid as a gift.

Kind of an expensive learning experience, but don't pay as a gift to someone that you don't know.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:06 AM
Tech Champion

I just hope he sends it so it can be all said and done... if i don't get it by monday or tuesday, i'll file a complaint with Paypal and my credit card...
Old 01-29-2010, 11:11 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I'd hopefully have paid by credit card, get refund, give him negative and a nasty PM. Can't beleive he treated you like that!
Old 01-29-2010, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

paypal>>>>>Open dispute>>>>> no more PM"S to this guy or emails. dispute
do it now screw him.if he broke your car after you bought it should have shipped it ASAP. sounds like a total scammer. i cant believe that guy done that to you after you paid him.sounds like you paid for him to race and Sport YOUR money to have a good time,and in the end your getting srewed over.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:07 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

if and when you get it, if it is in satisfactory condition, you need to still leave a bad feedback for this guy!! the guy broke "your" car!!! the fact that he told you the truth is a bonus forsure, but the way he treated you after words is uncalled for. open a dispute, get your money back, if you receive the car in the meantime, run it over with your truck and send it back to him and say opps i smashed your car, sorry!!
Old 01-29-2010, 01:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

What are you waiting for?
File a claim.
If it was me I would be pissed.
Copy all of those emails/pm & send it over to pay pal/credit card.

1. He lied & did not ship it when he said
2. He raced YOUR car after he sold it.

I would not want it anymore, especially if he crashed.
Who knows what other HIDDEN damage there is.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

You should have filed a claim already. Forget the buggy. Someone needs to loosen this guys teeth a little. My ass would be on FIRE!
Old 01-29-2010, 03:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

seems he has a website here:
http://jadersrc.blogspot.com/

also he's some kinda admin or whatever here:
http://sflrcdrift.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1233963376/15

second post is him. (ALwAyS SiDeWaYs) can't find an option to register though
Old 01-29-2010, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

If you sent money as a gift, you better hope you get something. You cannot open a claim against a gift, you bought nothing as far as paypal is concerned.

Gift is to give money to a family member, not to save on fee's.

Hopefully this will not be to expensive a lesson for you.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Like wicked said if you sent the money as a gift you are screwed. On top of that if you contact paypal about it they are liable to close your account for side stepping the fees. Never send money for a item as a gift. Even though paypal protection sucks atleast it's better than nothing.

The only options you really have is ask the seller for a refund. Fat chance you'll get it.

Or hope the car isn't tore up worse than he said and chalk this one up to experience. Thats if the little douche sends it.

Good luck bud.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:29 AM
Tech Adept

If you paid by credit card through paypal, call up your bank and have them issue a chargeback, might be some fees for it though. You can chargeback even if you sent money as a gift, but only if you used a CC through paypal.

Relationship with bank =/= paypal relationship. Paypal might say you sent money as a gift, all your bank needs to know is that you got "scammed". You pay banks CC fees for buyer protection, use it. lol

Save all posts, PM's, emails, screenshots etc.

Sorry to you guys saying there is nothing you can do, even if you didn't use a CC there are still options, its just a matter of how far both of you are willing to take it - and no I don't mean violence. I would do everything in my power NOT to give money to that weasel.

Good Luck.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:27 AM
Tech Champion

it was done through credit card.. i'll dispute with my CC company. This really sucks.. i went with the guy cause he has 5 transaction under his belt and all positive. This really sucks!!!
Old 01-30-2010, 10:57 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

You are lucky you have your CC in your corner! They should be able to make this right. I only use the gift option when I really know the other party I'm dealing with.

I would fell like I'd been taken advantage of to say the very least.

Good luck, hope it all works out!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.