Search

Theslowguy = SCAMMER

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

He is offering you a refund take it, money order even better no fees
Originally Posted by MDslash72
This is for the people who think it is their business when it's not.

Look at the BOLD test and tell me who offered the Money order. I asked for a PayPal refund, but he already spent the money. And lastly I will not accept a refund from a minor (Theslowguys friend).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theslowguy
Yep. On its merry way. Let me know when it arrives.

Quote:
Just want to know if the MO was mailed out and NO Rx as of now.

- Steve

Quote:
Okay first thing I'll do when I wake up in the morning Is get that mailed out. I trust that by some miracle my RX shows up at your door you will notify me?

-Joe

Quote:
Quote:

Okay bud. Here's the skinny.

I just got back from the UPS store. After the the same clerk started to contradict his story I was convinced he was lying and infact stole the thing. He set it up on the shelf and never put the label that was printing on it. His story changed from "he put the label on once I left" to "he filled out out by hand and mailed it the next day".

I also remember seeing this punk in the hobby shop I worked at a couple times kicking tires because he's a worthless POS stoner punk.

He also said the way he did it, it was un-insured and I was out!

So needless to say. He will need a lot of salt water and I am banned from the UPS store for life...

Okay. I don't have crawler nor scaler stuff since I'm purely a racer.

So! to resolve this. I get to eat it. I would like to just send you a 40$ money order so I could get this settled and have one less thing driving me to the loony bin. Or like I said before. I can hunt you down another sr3000 from a friend or even on here and get that to you. Let me know ASAP please.

The RED bold text was from theslowguy.

Ask him why he didn't refund me via paypal??

Who's the ASSHAT ..... THE SLOWGUY!!!!

Old 01-18-2010, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

buyer=asshead!! seller offerd and got a refund for him,sent Postal MO and said the receiver was on him. some clwn shows are not happy until they keep stiring the "POT" after the case is close the buyer got a refund and all.Marcos j BANS the BUYER for being ignorant....
Old 01-18-2010, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Graphite07
buyer=asshead!! seller offerd and got a refund for him,sent Postal MO and said the receiver was on him. some clwn shows are not happy until they keep stiring the "POT" after the case is close the buyer got a refund and all.Marcos j BANS the BUYER for being ignorant....
Not banning anyone yet: )
Old 01-18-2010, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

It seems ppl need some education on PayPal. When you make a claim or dispute you do not lock down their entire PayPal account, you only "lock down" the money involved in the transaction (in this case $35).

Even when that is "locked down" you can still refund the money held to the person that gave it to you. This will release the claim and any PayPal holds on your account.

So for all those ppl saying Theslowguy cant refund the guys money via PayPal, that is BS. He can do that easier than sending the guy a MO. So if Theslowguy wants to make this all go away just refund the money via PayPal. Unless he doesnt have $35, in which case you have to ask yourself if he really had the funds to get a money order in the 1st place.

As for the guy who wanted to send Slash the money via PayPal. Did you send it as a gift or for goods? If you sent it for goods I wouldnt accept the money either as you could make a claim against the money and I would have to show that I sent you something in the mail to have the claim released.

The fact is Theslowguy can't prove he sent out the RX and he cant prove he sent out a money order, just because some of you believe him doesnt mean anyone else should. Facts are established by evidence. Slash can prove he paid Theslowguy, can Theslowguy prove he did anything he says he did?

As for the name calling and claims of how advance the thinking is in the great state of Ohio vs Texas, all I can do is laugh.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
He is offering you a refund take it, money order even better no fees
Marcos - I think you missed it. The buyer agreed to take the Money Order, but the Money Order was never received. The seller claims to have sent it out but can't prove either buying the money order or sending it.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jamescam
It seems ppl need some education on PayPal. When you make a claim or dispute you do not lock down their entire PayPal account, you only "lock down" the money involved in the transaction (in this case $35).

Even when that is "locked down" you can still refund the money held to the person that gave it to you. This will release the claim and any PayPal holds on your account.

So for all those ppl saying Theslowguy cant refund the guys money via PayPal, that is BS. He can do that easier than sending the guy a MO. So if Theslowguy wants to make this all go away just refund the money via PayPal. Unless he doesnt have $35, in which case you have to ask yourself if he really had the funds to get a money order in the 1st place.

As for the guy who wanted to send Slash the money via PayPal. Did you send it as a gift or for goods? If you sent it for goods I wouldnt accept the money either as you could make a claim against the money and I would have to show that I sent you something in the mail to have the claim released.

The fact is Theslowguy can't prove he sent out the RX and he cant prove he sent out a money order, just because some of you believe him doesnt mean anyone else should. Facts are established by evidence. Slash can prove he paid Theslowguy, can Theslowguy prove he did anything he says he did?

As for the name calling and claims of how advance the thinking is in the great state of Ohio vs Texas, all I can do is laugh.

First james pp does lock the account in the event of a claim as a matter of fact if your bank account is tied to your paypal they can lock that to I have done it filed a claim against a guy I got a pm him asking me to drop the claim because he had no access to his money being it in his bank account or paypal account and if your reasoning for not accepting the payment from his buddy is actually what you said why didn't he say send it personal so you can't file a claim against me and get it back and I will accept it but he didn't so obviously he dosent really want to resolve this instead he just wants to drag it out I bet if you where in slowguys place you would feel a lot different about it then
Old 01-18-2010, 01:19 PM
JSY
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Edit: When I purchase a money order, there's always a copy attached.

When I send a money order, there's always a copy attached. I rip off the "check" version which goes to the seller and I keep the copy for my records.

Here's my take:
MDslash72 feels he got scammed because he did not receive the receiver. The seller cannot prove it was sent. The seller then says I'll make it right and send you a refund by way of money order. Money order does not show up and no proof it was sent. This fuels MDslash72's suspicion of being scammed.

A refund comes from a third party through paypal and pretty much says "here's your refund, shut up and go away". I don't think it's about the money anymore. MDslash72 feels he was scammed and want's proof otherwise.

Theslowguy has to be the unluckiest person in the world. A receiver and money order sent through two different carriers and neither gets delivered.

Last edited by JSY; 01-18-2010 at 01:33 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CrazyFast1
First james pp does lock the account in the event of a claim as a matter of fact if your bank account is tied to your paypal they can lock that to I have done it filed a claim against a guy I got a pm him asking me to drop the claim because he had no access to his money being it in his bank account or paypal account and if your reasoning for not accepting the payment from his buddy is actually what you said why didn't he say send it personal so you can't file a claim against me and get it back and I will accept it but he didn't so obviously he dosent really want to resolve this instead he just wants to drag it out I bet if you where in slowguys place you would feel a lot different about it then
Two things...

1. For the love of god and everything holy, throw in a period, exclamation point, or question mark every once in a while.
2. This is not correct, I recently had someone place a claim against my PayPal account. The only thing that happened was the amount of money that was tied to the claim was put in esgro. I could have refunded them at any time the amount they paid me as well as could have spent any money outside the amount that was put on hold. Contact PayPal if you dont believe me.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Domestic Money Orders

Money Orders let you send money safely through the mail.

Postal Money Orders are a safe, convenient, and economical alternative to sending cash through the mail. They can be purchased from any Post Office™ locations in the United States as well as from any rural route carrier, available up to $1,000 each. A current government-issued or state-issued picture identification is required for money order purchases of $3,000 or more in a single day. Other features include:

Domestic Money Orders

Purchase with cash, debit card, or traveler's check
Valid for an unlimited period
Can be cashed at any Post Office or can be deposited or negotiated at your financial institution
Replace damaged, lost, or stolen money orders

Fees:

$0.01 to $500.00 .......................$1.10
$500.01 to $1,000.00 ................$1.50
Postal Military Money Orders…..$0.30 (issued by military facilities)

Read more about Domestic Money Orders in the Domestic Mail Manual.

Damaged, Lost or Stolen Money Orders
If your money order is damaged, lost or stolen, you can have it replaced. If someone endorses a money order over to you that you suspect is stolen, you can contact the United States Postal Inspection Service™ for help.

1. Go to the Post office and declare the Money Order "lost". It cannot be cashed.
2. Refund to buyer via Paypal.

Refund issue resolved.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

This is starting to get misconstrued these last few pages. Tomorrow when the post office opens, Joe will be able to take the mo stub in and either track it or cancel it. In regards to Joe using the UPS store on Sullivan, I shipped a $350 putter to New Jersey from that store and James was my clerk as well. The kid is a brick shy of a full load. One of the owners had to come out and help me. Only reason he works there is he is related to the owners. I've known Joe long enough now to know he didn't rip off anyone. Just sounds like a bout of bad luck. One things for sure: rx may never show up but the money order will sometime somewhere because it was shipped via usps.

I think the negative trader rating it too harsh. Shouldn't be able to call Joe a scammer. If he want's to complain about the situation as a whole, fine. But calling him a scammer is not ok.

Joe is a well known person in a few different racing scenes between here and California and I know that know one would believe that he intentionally scammed anyone.

Slash guy your kind of a jerk.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
Not banning anyone yet: )
PM on the way!
Old 01-18-2010, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator

PM on the way!
pm back , ok guys this is between MDslash72 and Theslowguy, everyone else stop adding fuel to the fire, if you are not invloved stay off the thread let the 2 guys work it out.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

HOLD UP EVERYONE!!!!!!!

The receiver was sent to me by accident and I'm in the process of returning if to Joe "TheSlowGuy". It was a hectic time for me and I had no idea where it came from, until Joe messaged me a few days ago....

Please remove his tag as a "scammer" for it was an honest mistake that certainly could've been made by ANYONE!

Jim
Old 01-24-2010, 07:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by Vision450F
HOLD UP EVERYONE!!!!!!!

The receiver was sent to me by accident and I'm in the process of returning if to Joe "TheSlowGuy". It was a hectic time for me and I had no idea where it came from, until Joe messaged me a few days ago....

Please remove his tag as a "scammer" for it was an honest mistake that certainly could've been made by ANYONE!

Jim

... ... . ha, haha. hahahah. Let me know which one you guys gets the money order. Probably show up at Marco's door. Then that way this story would be perfect. :lo l:
Old 01-24-2010, 07:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Oh and.. Vision was the guy who bought the battery from me that I shipped the same day as the RX. I PM'ed him when the turd hit the fan on this thread to confirm that he received his stuff. My buddy called me about an hour ago saying the RX showed up! I couldn't help but laugh when I logged in and found the PM he sent me and his post.

-update

Paypal overdrew my account to refund SLashbash
MO is still MIA
RX found a new home
My car was broken into on Monday and a lot of my RC gear was stolen
My ESC went 'lights out' for no reason on me last night

You think it's a sign that I need to quit chasing racing dreams and go back to school? I do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.