Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
BEWARE! got a bag of sand(literally) from scalecrawlerGOD >

BEWARE! got a bag of sand(literally) from scalecrawlerGOD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BEWARE! got a bag of sand(literally) from scalecrawlerGOD

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 01:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hey...either way you got a free paper weight.....or a good conversation piece for that matter...... In the end im glad you did not losing anything on this deal...he will eventually come on here and explain his side of the story and try to have us all believe he is right and your wrong.... fingers will be pointed back and forth and more then likely Marcos will close this thread due to it going no where.....But as much as i hate to say it im glad this happened (not to you of course) but i think like i said this is a good lesson for all to open there eyes a little wider and relize that Trades are simply based on "Trust" and i hope with this people will think about there actions a little more before doing such stupid deals. I wish you well and i do truthfully feel this guy's intentions were to rip you but not sure we will ever know.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

The only way I can see that he was trying to scam was that he was hoping that once he sent gapjr the tracking information that he would decide to be a nice guy and go ahead and ship the Slash. I would have been trusting enough to do that.

I have shipped several times after someone told me they had mailed me a money order. My family has a small business and we actually operate on trust. We ship out all the time and just trust the buyer to send us a check once they receive their items. You would be amazed at how little we are cheated. Most people are good, it's a shame that it's the small percentage of scammers/thieves/crooks that make it tough on the rest of us.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by lowcel
I don't know, being from West Virginia I'd be damn tempted to send him back a bag of coal.
Oh I'd send him a bag of something.... but it wouldn't be pretty!
Old 11-17-2009, 02:07 PM
Tech Addict

Don't get me wrong i understand what your saying, but i also relize where the economy is right now, and alot of people, more than any of us want to relize, are taking advantage of the little "Trust" people have left. Right now for me to say that i would trust a guy with 1 or 2 Feedbacks on here to trade away something i paid for and the same for something he paid for is hard. But i also relize just a few short months ago i was that same guy. I know myself i have used this as a lesson that maybe you should really look into the person on the other end and see if it is really a deal you wanna go with.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik
I'd take this package and the note to my local post office and speak with the station manager. He describes a clear intent to defraud the postal service (by sending your item via "return to sender". I'd guess they might be interested in that.
Right on!
Old 11-17-2009, 03:30 PM
Tech Initiate

"I cant remove him just by this alone, since you didnt send anything and you didnt lose anything there is not much that i can do,maybe he thought you were going to scam him since you didnt want to ship first, I guess he didnt want to get screwed either. I will keep an eye out for him and see what happens."

exactly I thout I was going to be scammed, being 16 I have no moeny and had to give up 500 of my own moeny was a big deal with me. I was going to ship the champ once you mailed the slash wich you never did. Im sorry If I went about this sittuuation wrong
Old 11-17-2009, 03:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Our agreement was, you ship first. If you didn't want to do the trade unless I shipped first you should have said that. I would have had no problem with that and we both could have moved on to other trades. Instead, you agreed to ship first and then sent me a bag of sand so you could send me tracking # hoping I'd send the slash out just on the basis of getting a tracking #. Lucky for me, I waited because of your age and lack of trader feedback and the fact you had been kicked off tamiya crawlers.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Sorry it was my fault I was very scepticale about the trade and you are right I should of past agian im sorry and you diddnet loose any thing but I lost my rep your trust and abox with sand in it, I hope we can all move on from this
Old 11-17-2009, 03:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

I will stand by my original offer. Send me the buggy champ first and you'll get the slash. Like I've said, if you only wanted to do the trade if I shipped first, that's what you should have said. Not sent me a bag of sand. That is not what our deal was and I have the proof. I personally think you are lying and hoped to get a free slash. Have a good life .
Old 11-17-2009, 03:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scalecrawlerGOD
"I cant remove him just by this alone, since you didnt send anything and you didnt lose anything there is not much that i can do,maybe he thought you were going to scam him since you didnt want to ship first, I guess he didnt want to get screwed either. I will keep an eye out for him and see what happens."

exactly I thout I was going to be scammed, being 16 I have no moeny and had to give up 500 of my own moeny was a big deal with me. I was going to ship the champ once you mailed the slash wich you never did. Im sorry If I went about this sittuuation wrong
i call bs i believe your older then sixteen he caught u up know your stumbling trying to get back up dude that was not good buisness at ALL by your part you were trying to scamm him and it failed do your self a favor and keep off of rctech man people like u give it a bad rep.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:56 PM
Tech Initiate

thruthfully I am 16 I go to poway high school and I SAID SORRY AND HOPE WE CAN MOVE ON
Old 11-17-2009, 03:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

thruthfully I am 16 I go to poway high school and I SAID SORRY AND HOPE WE CAN MOVE ON
and im thruthfully a girl scout dude u got caught a bag of sand
Old 11-17-2009, 04:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Keep on making imiture comments I said sorry lets move on and forget about it If you want to keep complaning about it go ahead after this i will no longer be apart of the rc community go ahead make a remark for that too
Old 11-17-2009, 04:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Keep on making imiture comments I said sorry lets move on and forget about it If you want to keep complaning about it go ahead after this i will no longer be apart of the rc community go ahead make a remark for that too
the MATURE thing to do was send him his car u said u will trade not send sand dude com on we all are not dummies you were hoping to have him ship the slash once u gave him a tracking number com on u got caught this guy was a STEP ahead of u later
Old 11-17-2009, 04:13 PM
Tech Addict

dude i believe that the kid is 16 or so he posted a donation thread up a few weeks ago saying it was for his local high school rc club he had started..... check with everything before you bash the kid im not saying what he did was right by no means and he def has some growing up to do.....give him credit...he had the balls to get on here and talk to them man...not many scammers do...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.