Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
Sampson0420 - Nice Until You Find Something Wrong >

Sampson0420 - Nice Until You Find Something Wrong

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sampson0420 - Nice Until You Find Something Wrong

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 07:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Sampson0420 - Nice Until You Find Something Wrong

I paid in full through PayPal for a B44 from Dave Westcoat (sampson0420). It arrived with missing and damaged parts. His ad posted "great" condition with only "4 hours" of use. He also said he would work with me after the sale, if I found other problems. I found 10 problems, but then he stared calling me names and ignoring me. The VXL esc looks like it was run through a blender. He sent me a cheaper battery and parts were cut or missing.

So I submitted a dispute to PayPal. They gave me nothing and said:
1 It has to be an Ebay purchase.
2 The seller has to NOT ship the item.
3 The seller has to have money in their account to give back.

Well.... I now know PayPal has no buyer protection here, so a money order is just as good.

I lost over $100 in damages on this one. The pictures explain 5 of the problems. I didn't expect money for everything, but at least something. I got nothing. I left him negative feedback (my first in 10 years of dealing online). Then he left me negative feedback saying i'm a SCAMMER (I've never had negative feedback in 10 years online). How is it possible he can leave me negative feedback? I paid in full.
Eric in CA
Attached Thumbnails Sampson0420 - Nice Until You Find Something Wrong-motorcut.jpg   Sampson0420 - Nice Until You Find Something Wrong-reararmcut.jpg   Sampson0420 - Nice Until You Find Something Wrong-vxl1cuts.jpg   Sampson0420 - Nice Until You Find Something Wrong-vxl2cuts.jpg   Sampson0420 - Nice Until You Find Something Wrong-nospring.jpg  

Old 09-18-2009, 07:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Looks a little dirty and could use some touch ups but hey it was used right? A little heat shrink will take care of those big wires but the small one for the ESC look like they need a little attention with the soldering iron and heat shrink. Buyer beware is the watch word when purchasing from another person. I think you can save this one, it may not be perfect but it was potential. Contact Marcus J about the feedback because it sounds like it could be unwarranted.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:40 AM
Tech Adept

Ok. Thanks. I'll try Marcus J. Every wire was cut or mangled. I've used a lot of shrink wrap and new connectors. It looks better now. The problems is I can't possibly re-sell it for what I paid. Oh well. I'll only buy in person from now on. My mistake.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:44 AM
Tech Adept

Hmmmm. How do I search for Marcus J? I've tried variations, but he doesn't come up.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by egebhardt
Ok. Thanks. I'll try Marcus J. Every wire was cut or mangled. I've used a lot of shrink wrap and new connectors. It looks better now. The problems is I can't possibly re-sell it for what I paid. Oh well. I'll only buy in person from now on. My mistake.
what do you need??
Old 09-18-2009, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by egebhardt
i took care of it he clearly didt it in retaliation he also created another account since you left him negative feedback. I banned his new account and Im waiting for his reply. He may even lose his original account.

but also be careful when buying used rc equipment his version of great condition will not be the same as yours
Old 09-18-2009, 08:38 AM
Tech Adept

Marcos,
Wow! Thanks for taking action. I'd like to be a good, long-term member here.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Here's a little known secret to RC gear, one that seems to surprise a few people....you'll NEVER get what you paid for it in resell.

Told you Marcus J. would take care of that feedback issue. As he said it was clearly in retaliation for the feedback you left.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:32 AM
Tech Adept

Yah. Thanks Marcos.J.
I've been able to break-even on at least half my cars, if not make a few percent. I buy them kinda dirty at a low-ish price. I then replace some parts and disassemble it. Then clean and re-lube everything. Then test drive it between repairs. I take really good close pictures and post it with all the details and sell it in person. When people see how well it works and looks, they are willing to pay because tax and shipping are so high anymore.

I am NOT the norm because I really just enjoy working on them. The driving is a distant second for me. I don't race.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

I tried to buy from this guy but everything about him seemed fishy. I told him if he shipped first I'd take the B44 for asking price (i wanted it too) but he refused. Probably knew it'd get returned immediately!

Sorry about your luck
Old 09-19-2009, 07:58 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks CaseyDDR, for speaking up.
Somehow, Dave Westcoat (sampson0420) gave me a second negative rating. Marcos.J removed the first one yesterday. Now I have a second "retaliation" negative.
As before, I paid him in full.

Marcos.J,
Could you help me out here?
Thanks,
Eric
Old 09-19-2009, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

i have rules when i buy something from and ebay.

1 i want close up pictures of the car/truck/buggy/eletronics/motor/engine

seller give me this excuse ohh cam does not take good close ups or the batteries are dead. (OK BYE)

2 i ask questions run time abused broken or missing parts. i look for detailed answers. if i get replys like this its good. or it works great or it looks good to me or never been bashed or raced. short answers like that has signs its been thru hell and back (BYE NO DEAL)

3 review all sellers feedback either here or on ebay reserach his name look recent and pass deals/transactions.read and read all feedback

sorry you got screwed in this deal by him.maybe some touch up/clean up work some heat shirk tube it will look better. just remember this. you are the good guy you paid what he wanted you to pay,so you done nothing wrong on your part. i jackasses like that that screw it up for every one else.

when i sell something i post close up pictures and i also offer more pics upon email request that includes more info.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

I do A LOT of internet buying/selling/trading through probably 10 different sites, all with the same screen name (caseyddr). If somebody like sampson doesn't want to sell something (he had a negative and lower feedback) after being given all the references, there is definitely something going on. You have to be extremely careful with people that have very low feedback, even if they are a good person :/

I took one risk on RCU recently and ended up getting Junk that wasn't worth the trade like I was told, I learned my lesson. Luckily I did get something and got rid of it, but took about a 100$ loss in the end
Old 09-22-2009, 01:42 PM
Tech Regular

you should have known better when he put a traxxas esc in a race b44.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

well he tried making another account , but i got to it

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ml#post6395365