Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
DO NOT BUY FROM SHANE369 - HE WILL SCAM YOUR MONEY. >

DO NOT BUY FROM SHANE369 - HE WILL SCAM YOUR MONEY.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DO NOT BUY FROM SHANE369 - HE WILL SCAM YOUR MONEY.

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

I called the investigations department in his local PD twice and waited a week for a response each time (didn't want to be too impatient).

Since I didn't get one either time, I decided to file with my local PD here in MD. I did that just this evening.

The detective I spoke to here was very helpful and promised to followup with Shane and with the local PD in MS on my behalf.

I will follow up with him in a week to see if he has made progress for me.

In the meantime I did a chargeback through Amex (since I used Amex to fund the payment). This was my last resort to get the funds back since I had exhausted all options with Shane and also with Paypal. Amex has told me the funds will be credited back to my account. It will be interesting to see what Paypal does with this since they will be left holding an empty bag. I expect they will try to get the money from Shane and fail and then come to me. They may bypass Shane completely and come to me first. Either way I expect to have to pay Paypal the $195 and still be out the money.

If any one wants Shane's cell phone, physical address, the PD investigator in MS I called or the detective I met with tonight (or the case # I opened with him), please let me know.

I will give updates as I have them.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by noR
Wow. I don't think anyone claimed to use the old "We don't know the situation he's in" card.

I've bought from Jonathan Bell before. Super top notch guy.

I don't know how you guys can throw perspective out the window, but anyway. I was just telling you the info I had from my point of view. I don't know anyone elses story, and if you'd like to share it, please do. I think if you read what I wrote I wasn't defending anyone or minimizing anyone else's damage in any way. Just sharing my perspective.

Geez, now I'm getting in trouble. I don't think I actually DID anything to piss anyone off. But yeah, there ya go.

I hope Garet's sharing that info with everyone so you can all get your info in.
Listen, no disrespect to you, but if this guy is your friend tell him to grow up, be a man, and take care of his issues. And tell him to stop STEALING from people. Yes, online "scamming" is just as bad as walking into your local mall and stealing things. We don't care how "nice" this guy is or how good his wife or child is. If he is scamming people out of money he's a scumbag. Sad thing is his kid probably won't far from the tree and we'll have another loser on this planet.

It's not like he has stolen from just one person. In that case it could be considered a mixup or misunderstanding. But he's done it to multiple people so that's proof he is stealing money on purpose. Do you still want to call him a "nice guy"?

Originally Posted by Garet Jax
I called the investigations department in his local PD twice and waited a week for a response each time (didn't want to be too impatient).

Since I didn't get one either time, I decided to file with my local PD here in MD. I did that just this evening.

The detective I spoke to here was very helpful and promised to followup with Shane and with the local PD in MS on my behalf.

I will follow up with him in a week to see if he has made progress for me.

In the meantime I did a chargeback through Amex (since I used Amex to fund the payment). This was my last resort to get the funds back since I had exhausted all options with Shane and also with Paypal. Amex has told me the funds will be credited back to my account. It will be interesting to see what Paypal does with this since they will be left holding an empty bag. I expect they will try to get the money from Shane and fail and then come to me. They may bypass Shane completely and come to me first. Either way I expect to have to pay Paypal the $195 and still be out the money.

If any one wants Shane's cell phone, physical address, the PD investigator in MS I called or the detective I met with tonight (or the case # I opened with him), please let me know.

I will give updates as I have them.
PayPal is a JOKE! I wouldn't be surprised if they come after you. I'm still baffled that PayPal is considered the standard, reputable online payment form.

Oh and don't expect any help from any cops. You guys are "only" losing a couple hundred bucks each at most. My friend got scammed out of $4,000 on eBay. The cops acted like they didn't care and they brushed it off. If they'll brush off a $4,000 theft I will be shocked if they care about a few hundred dollars.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thanks Garet Jax for still fighting for this one. Although some may think it's a waste of time, maybe if this particular office you spoke with was even able to call or have a fellow officer call just to shake him up, maybe he will pay, who knows.

I can certainly appreciate the fact that some cases are not considered, but it all depends on the information,the people involved and the evidence. Maybe we'll get lucky, and one of the officers is an RC nut, and he'll go after it hardcore!!!

The reality is, yes, he's a thief... and a coward.. plain and simple.

here's the link for the track in Flowood where I would assume he races as it's an offroad track, but then again, he was looking at switching to on-road, maybe he got booted from here for being a scammer.. either way, if we email the RD, maybe they can deal with him if any of them know him. If nothing else, if he gets banned from any and all tracks in the area, his RC days will be done and he will no longer poison the hobby.

http://www.trackseekers.com/
Old 10-14-2009, 08:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Talking

I think that there is also a onroad track in Flowood a few miles away at the Hobbytown up there!!!! I'd call that HobbyTown USA up and see if they know him and tell them to spread the word of his ways!!!! That might uproot him somehow...........
Old 10-14-2009, 09:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
PayPal is a JOKE! I wouldn't be surprised if they come after you. I'm still baffled that PayPal is considered the standard, reputable online payment form.

Oh and don't expect any help from any cops. You guys are "only" losing a couple hundred bucks each at most. My friend got scammed out of $4,000 on eBay. The cops acted like they didn't care and they brushed it off. If they'll brush off a $4,000 theft I will be shocked if they care about a few hundred dollars.
Unfortunately I agree with you. I told the cop as much tonight too. The entire time my expectation has been that I will not recoup the money that Shane stole from me.

I am doing this just to follow it through to completion and to learn more about my options from CC, police and Paypal. I have been buying and selling online since the early 90s (through newsgroups) and I have never been outright scammed before.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

You could all contact your PD's get a report. Take that report and fax it to the PD in his town. Continue to fax it until someone contacts you.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:08 AM
noR
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
Listen, no disrespect to you, but if this guy is your friend tell him to grow up, be a man, and take care of his issues. And tell him to stop STEALING from people. Yes, online "scamming" is just as bad as walking into your local mall and stealing things. We don't care how "nice" this guy is or how good his wife or child is. If he is scamming people out of money he's a scumbag. Sad thing is his kid probably won't far from the tree and we'll have another loser on this planet.

It's not like he has stolen from just one person. In that case it could be considered a mixup or misunderstanding. But he's done it to multiple people so that's proof he is stealing money on purpose. Do you still want to call him a "nice guy"?
Nope. And I haven't since I found out about this. Please note that I said what I had to say (I don't think I even "defended" his actions. Just said I knew he was a real person.

With the new information that this real person was really taking people for $ and not responding well no; it's not cool. Not at all. And I thought that was obvious; but I suppose I should be very clear.

I've offered information to help Garret, 3mlstcrazy, srracing, Twisted Nitro, Jonathan Bell, and any others.

So please stop painting me in the light that I'm aiding or abetting.

Yes, I once didn't know this real-person was a real-piece-of-work. Now I do, just like you.
9/21 8am I found out about this.
9/21 10:30am I joined your side, wished Garret luck and stopped talking about how this scammer was a human being.

10/21 10am and I'm still trying to separate myself from this quagmire of getting slammed for "defending a scammer". NO, I am NOT. Have NOT. And Would NOT.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:15 AM
noR
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LOSTTHEMOJO
I think that there is also a onroad track in Flowood a few miles away at the Hobbytown up there!!!! I'd call that HobbyTown USA up and see if they know him and tell them to spread the word of his ways!!!! That might uproot him somehow...........
Don't forget http://nitrotoysandhobbies.com/

The local hobby shop with the indoor on-road track.

I'm not sure if the RD can do a whole lot since it seems a he-said/she-said thing. But who knows, maybe so.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 171 (97%+)

Hey guys,

Had a tip about Shane at a race over in Louisianna this past weekend. The race was called the Louisianna Nitro Open, and he was there ! I did not attend the event (I was in Austin for another Race), but found the results from his main to prove he was there:

-- Open Buggy - B Main --
Pos Car Laps time name
1 1 20 15:11.34 Christopher Clark
2 2 18 14:12.43 Jeff Gray
3 5 18 15:25.02 Vernon Petenbrink
4 6 16 15:15.89 Shane Williams
5 0 14 13:40.48 Nancy
6 7 14 15:00.00 Jody D'Angelo
7 8 5 4:57.83 Beau Schwegman
8 4 4 3:06.92 John Garrett
9 9 4 3:31.53 Mitch Watson
10 3 2 1:33.92 Donald Jenkins

Just thought I'd let you all know. Its pretty lame that he can still afford to go to races, but cant even give everybody's money back. What a lowlife!
Old 10-22-2009, 07:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey Smiley, thanks for the info. I checked out that race, and it lists 'finishlineraceway' as the track, but when you go to their site, it's a slot car racing facility. do you know if it's the same place? I'm considering contacting them and advising them of this thread.

Also, noR has been very helpful all along and shouldn't be flamed on. No where in his posts was he defending Shane, he was merely stating what he knew. I realize everyones choked about this, but lets keep focused on who we're choked at...
Old 10-22-2009, 09:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 171 (97%+)

Yes, Its Finishline Raceway.
Old 10-23-2009, 04:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Shane emailed me a couple days ago. He tried to tell me he just got out of the hospital and had been there for 2 months. He said is brother in law basically stole his identity and he is the one that ripped everyone off. He also siad he would get everyones money back to them. This is just another load of crape from him. I am about ready to make a road trip, not for the money just the principal now. I read that whole 2 page email and almost believed it till i saw the typos and the fact he can't make a complete sentence and realized it was the same a$$hole that i have dealt with the whole time.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Twisted Nitro
Shane emailed me a couple days ago. He tried to tell me he just got out of the hospital and had been there for 2 months. He said is brother in law basically stole his identity and he is the one that ripped everyone off. He also siad he would get everyones money back to them. This is just another load of crape from him. I am about ready to make a road trip, not for the money just the principal now. I read that whole 2 page email and almost believed it till i saw the typos and the fact he can't make a complete sentence and realized it was the same a$$hole that i have dealt with the whole time.
Just to give you more reason to believe what you already believe - I have not heard from him. If he was trully trying to do right by us, then he would probably have contacted all of us simultaneously. Until he does that I am going to continue believing he has nefarious intentions and will continue to pursue other recourse.

Still have not heard back from the local PD.

Still haven't heard back from Paypal as to their final decision given that I did a charge back through Amex and took the money from them. As I said, I expect they will try to get teh money from Shane, fail and then come after me for it.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Garet Jax

Still have not heard back from the local PD.

Keep calling them.Maybe they will get tired of it and actually do something about this guy.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:50 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jonathan Bell
same low life that got me for a werks 2013 pipe. Was only 20 bux but it's the principle. If I were you guys and lived close to him I would lay his teeth back for him. And that would be to good for him. And for those talking "we don't know the situation he's in" Are you fn kidding me? I don't care his situation he can handle it on his dime not everyone elses.
i have dealt with shane a few times and have good dealings . engines , pipes , kits and up until this last time had thought of shane a good character . have talked to him for many hours over the phone ( i mean many ) and even had a trip planned to meet at the nitro cross race . well he never showed , i had got a text about him getting in a car accident and if i could please send his stuff back to him cause he shipped his stuff to onehobbies , well his stuff never showed . kinda interesting i thought , used to text constantly and now will not return calls or texts .

as far as the story i had heard about you guys getting ripped off , he said his wifes brother had gotten into his laptop and sold a bunch of the same things to different people and took the money out . true or not ? idk anymore .

i thought shane was a good guy and do still hope all of this was him getting scammed but doesnt look like it .

monty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.