Wiki Posts
Search

Kebery=Scammer BEWARE!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 08:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (89%+)
Default Kebery=Scammer BEWARE!

Two members of my local club Nuclear R/C have received the following email from this user

Hello

Thanks for your response and your mail content duly noted.

You can not belief how only I had wish meeting you personally to discuss this regrettably I am no longer based in the US but now resides here in the U.K on similar business interest and also have a family owned old aged whare house and home located in vancouver Canada (storage & restoration unit) which is being run by my lovely daughter and wife.

So, would you please inform me if I am to purchase it as is bottom line price on the werks B3 and JP-2 (quote your price minus shipping cost) and in the same doing send to me necessary details--postal address, full name and telephone number(s)--of whom this cheque should be payable to thus my wife could mail the cheque from Canada to you on our behalf. On the shipment, I have a recommended haulier there who will be contracted to meet with you for inspection, survey and arrangement for their being transferred to vancouver.

On getting the cheque cashed and all agreement are proven to be legitimate, he (the haulier) will be directed to establish contact with you for immediate transfer of the items to vancouver where my wife and son are designated for receiving orders made by me or by our customers who has placed such order.

Raymond

PS. I assume you will send the pics to me in your next mail. Call me now I am presently in the U.S.A: Phone Contacts: + 17603094184 and (if the line is busy call back and back again). But sorry, I will be out on the road at work later today until 6:30 evening so until then it would be best to e-mail me as I will be checking it often and won't be available by phone until I get off of work.

Exact same email sent to two different members on 2 different products they listed for sale here.

BEWARE of this guy

Most likely a scammer.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Of course it would be, read it slowly. It makes no sense, and they are trying to hard to make them sound professional.

This is common.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)

It's the classic Nigerian Scam. This type of scam is so old they actually used to send letters out, then with the invention of fax machines they moved up and now we are finally at the I-net stage. If you have the time and patience they are really fun to screw with. Do a google search and you will find a few sited dedicated to messing with the scammers. It's really funny they get them to send checks and misc.. items.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (89%+)

Originally Posted by everyjuangohome
It's the classic Nigerian Scam. This type of scam is so old they actually used to send letters out, then with the invention of fax machines they moved up and now we are finally at the I-net stage. If you have the time and patience they are really fun to screw with. Do a google search and you will find a few sited dedicated to messing with the scammers. It's really funny they get them to send checks and misc.. items.
Yea, I came across this quite a bit selling computers on ebay, I bet I have 15 grand in fake checks from that