Community
Wiki Posts
Search

buckeye34 - Jim Morgan BAD TRADER

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 09:03 AM
Tech Rookie

Default buckeye34 - Jim Morgan BAD TRADER

I got scammed by this guy. Never paid. Watch out for him.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

wait, elaborate on this. if he never paid...did you send the item?
Old 10-06-2008, 11:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Yes. I have to take some of the blame. He sent me an e-check on paypal which I have never dealt with. I went ahead and shipped the truck thinking that the transaction was secure. The day the money was suppossed to hit my account, I get an email saying the transaction was canceled due to no money in the guys account. He keeps telling me he is going to send a money order but it never shows up. I am posting this on every forum I can find.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:23 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tucker599
Yes. I have to take some of the blame. He sent me an e-check on paypal which I have never dealt with. I went ahead and shipped the truck thinking that the transaction was secure. The day the money was suppossed to hit my account, I get an email saying the transaction was canceled due to no money in the guys account. He keeps telling me he is going to send a money order but it never shows up. I am posting this on every forum I can find.

the email I receive when someone pays me via eCheck through Paypal.

Originally Posted by paypal.com
This email confirms that you have received a Pending eCheck Payment for <amount> USD from <Buyer> (<email address>).

This eCheck Payment will remain "Uncleared" until the funds have cleared from the sender's account, which usually takes 4 business days. If you are shipping an item, please do not ship your item until the funds have cleared into your PayPal account. You will be notified by email when the funds have cleared into your PayPal balance.
it sucks, but the email clearly lets you know that the payment has not cleared and not to ship the item till it does.

I hope you get this resolved.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I had a problem selling to this guy but I DID get it resolved. I did have to hound the F out of him and it took a good couple of weeks. but he did come through. Just stay on him.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:44 PM
Tech Rookie

I got the issue resolved and received my money from Jim.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

unfortunately in sutuations like this paypal is of little to no help at all, i lost $200.00 this month due to sellers not shipping what was bought , i think i recieved $0.15 back from paypal wich was what was left in the sellers account, what a friggin joke.. paypal refuses to refund my funds under the buyer protection crap.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racinglosi
unfortunately in sutuations like this paypal is of little to no help at all, i lost $200.00 this month due to sellers not shipping what was bought , i think i recieved $0.15 back from paypal wich was what was left in the sellers account, what a friggin joke.. paypal refuses to refund my funds under the buyer protection crap.

Did you use a credit card as payment? If so, call them up and tell them that Paypal hasn't taken care of it and to charge it back. I've only had to do this once and they took care of me.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

E check i wait for it to clear then ship. if it does not clear no ship. i am glad you got your money.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by Wanabrc
Did you use a credit card as payment? If so, call them up and tell them that Paypal hasn't taken care of it and to charge it back. I've only had to do this once and they took care of me.
i use existing funds that are already in my paypal account, i hate E-check and hate paying via CC .. i guess that is why paypal does not give a CRAP about my stolen funds, if its not paid by CC you wont have seller protection , you just get whatever amount is left in the sellers account if youre lucky you will get $0.10 like i did .
Old 10-23-2008, 03:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Well good luck to you all in getting your funds back. Hopefully it turns out for the best.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tucker599
I got the issue resolved and received my money from Jim.
Since you guys missed this post....HE WAS PAID.....