R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and Feedback discussion forum

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 09:27 AM   #46

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Let me add this to Mr Losi's post.

We as Mods can do a lot to clean up this site.Yes we volunteer to help do that.If you DGraham had to do what we do in the background, it would be different. You would know the extent and the limits to our abilities.

Best thing to do is to PM the new Admins as well as the normal staff.

Now what can we as staff do to help you? Well IMO very little since we are not responsible for transactions between members in the For Sale or Trade deals. If we were to BAN them then how are you going to resolve it here? Take as much time to communicate with him or even the members here. Maybe someone on the forum may be able to help you.

Initial post by you Dgraham

no offense, but thats one of the problems here... its an awesome board, but no one is there to step up and handle simple problems... people that have been proven guilty of screwing people just create another name and do it time and time again because the moderators cant answer a PM or perform a simple IP ban, etc.

i know its not unstoppable, but i was screwed on here a couple of months ago and pm'd about 5 different mods at least twice a piece and never got even as little as a response like the one you just posted..

and dont give me that, "oh we're volunteers, we do what we can" line.. i was a mod on a couple of different forums over the years (not rc related though), even at my busiest times i could still answer a few pm's, especially related to someone on the boards i mod screwing people left and right.. and if i felt like i couldnt take care of the forums i moderated, i wouldve stepped down and passed the torch as i did...

im sure you dont want to hear it, but my $.02

I never got a PM

Recent one

And I don't mean to target you because I don't remember ever pming you about anything, so don't take this personal... But I'm not the only one whose tried to get in touch with a mod/admin and couldn't.... Why hold the title when they can't hold the job? .

We hold the responsibility because we help the site in other areas as well not just this particular one. Members need to understand that being Mods does not mean we are everywhere.We try to be but are not able to be. PM are critical.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:42 PM   #47
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Homer...Ill find out about that fuel.....the buyer's on the board...but will let him speak for himself if he feels the need to...Pm me if needed...we can talk further.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Old 05-20-2008, 03:24 PM   #48
Tech Elite

I would just to know if he has told us another lie or not. Last week he told us he still had 7 cases and would ship them back. I haven't heard anything from him since.

If some has it please come forward. I do not want to take what you have paid for. I just want to know the truth so I can take approperiate actions against Jason.

If you do not come forward and I find out who you are, you may be involved in this theft and will be prosecuted just like Jason.

I'm actively on the case and i'm sure it won't be that hard to find the Canadian hobbyshops near Grafton ND.

Just please come forward so we can take action against Jason.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:13 AM   #49
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

I know Jason personally and have spoken with him as recent as this week.

He is going through some tough personal issues right now, while still no excuse, it is what it is and admitted to me he has been wrong in what he has been doing. I don't know the specifics on who he owes what to, etc., but I have spoken with him and he asked me to help him get things sold so he can straighten things out with people. He is supposed to swing by sometime so we can work on listing stuff up for sale and the plan is to have the stuff in my posession here so that what it is said in the listing is actually in hand, and not vaporware style sales.

If you guys who are owed things can come up with a comma seperated list of the following:

Item, Amount owed, How long ago item was ordered, Company name/personal name, contact email address, contact phone number.

PM me this information through rctech and put in the subject line: JASON HALVORSON ISSUE MYCOMPANY/MYNAME. I will compile this into a spreadsheet. I will also compare this against what he brings by assuming that still happens and see if he wants to seperate those items out to send out seperately, or, send cash back to those affected. Please also post something about this thread here on the other forums like tiltedrc's forum (don't have a link or acct) so people know to come here.

I will speak with Jason and provide him with all this information and see what can be done, possibly today.

Keep in mind I am not taking ownership of this issue in anyway, just trying to help him out while he is in this tough spot. Also, please keep the pm's to the point as requested so it makes going through them a lot quicker.

For those who will be attending the RC Pro Series race in Pingree next week, I will be there. If Jason meets up with me before then and Oks it, I will see about bringing your item there to you and will notify you of that.

This is really unfortunate that this has happened, as Jason has always been one of the most helpful people I have met since I have been in North Dakota, and was instrumental in getting offroad racing going in Manvel last year.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:16 AM   #50
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to looper

Thats cool that you are stepping up for him. but i gotta ask why you are holding his hand through this.. from what i see here it looks like he needs to get his stuff taken care of.. if he would answer his emails and phone calls in the first place he wouldnt need another dude holding his hand through this..

i figure it this way.. there was one week when i was hit with 2 relatives dying and getting a cancer diagnosis for myself and i could still take care of what needed done. as i see it anything short of a coma is a lame excuse.

just my 2 cents on this
Old 05-22-2008, 01:13 PM   #51
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by looper View Post
Thats cool that you are stepping up for him. but i gotta ask why you are holding his hand through this.. from what i see here it looks like he needs to get his stuff taken care of.. if he would answer his emails and phone calls in the first place he wouldnt need another dude holding his hand through this..

i figure it this way.. there was one week when i was hit with 2 relatives dying and getting a cancer diagnosis for myself and i could still take care of what needed done. as i see it anything short of a coma is a lame excuse.

just my 2 cents on this
Honestly I am not holding his hand, just helping out, there is a difference. He still has to do some work. And anyone who knows me knows that I am more than willing to help out regardless of what it is if I can.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:55 PM   #52
Tech Elite

Tilted Fuel/Tiltyard/Tiltedrc

Owed since March 15th
I sent him 10 cases of fuel for 840.00.

He sent me a money order for 210.00
That leaves his balance at 630.00

It's nice of you to help us dudes get paid off, but I must say i'm not going to take it easy on him, simply because he flat out lied to Lisa on numerous occasions. One of these days I will just pull the trigger and take it to court. I can suit for full retail then. That would be cool. Full retail on shipping was around 1200.00 dollars.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:27 PM   #53
Tech Legend

I gave Jason a call and left a message. He is usually really good about calling me back.

Please make sure and PM me the information requested as well.

Last edited by Cain; 05-22-2008 at 08:58 PM.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:57 PM   #54
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Well I was lied to, which is what pissed me off the most... I had people send me deposits for motors that never came..needless to say it caused me a whole pile of stress..as I was figuring those engines would arrive any day, and promising my customers the same thing....

Anyways I am happy to get my money back, i have no hard feelings as long as I get paid.. Jason must have reasons why this happened, but quite honestly I couldn't care less either way. As long as I get paid I'll pretend Jason Halverson does not exist. I do believe Jason and his friends are working hard to get everyone paid back....
Old 05-22-2008, 09:00 PM   #55
Tech Legend

Thats unfortunate that all this has happened. I really wish Jason would have said something sooner but that can be hard in and of itself.

Took a spin to find the Titled RC boards, but the one I found is using old style basic authentication which is unsecure. Is there a different board out there somewhere?
Old 05-22-2008, 09:18 PM   #56
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to skeller Send a message via MSN to skeller Send a message via Yahoo to skeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Thats unfortunate that all this has happened. I really wish Jason would have said something sooner but that can be hard in and of itself.

Took a spin to find the Titled RC boards, but the one I found is using old style basic authentication which is unsecure. Is there a different board out there somewhere?
That's how I been using it.....s-grid is the same.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:25 PM   #57
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

cain please email me @ [email protected], I prefer not to air out online the deal between Jason and I but since you are one of the people who can actually get him to answer I will pass through you and hope it gets settled.

Thanks!

Alan Burton
Team OCM USA
Old 05-22-2008, 10:21 PM   #58
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Infiniti Tech Send a message via Yahoo to Infiniti Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by looper View Post

just my 2 cents on this
I REALLY dont think anybody gives a rats @ss about you or the little world you live in or your 2 cents.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:15 PM   #59
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
I know Jason personally and have spoken with him as recent as this week.

He is going through some tough personal issues right now, while still no excuse, it is what it is and admitted to me he has been wrong in what he has been doing. I don't know the specifics on who he owes what to, etc., but I have spoken with him and he asked me to help him get things sold so he can straighten things out with people. He is supposed to swing by sometime so we can work on listing stuff up for sale and the plan is to have the stuff in my posession here so that what it is said in the listing is actually in hand, and not vaporware style sales.

If you guys who are owed things can come up with a comma seperated list of the following:

Item, Amount owed, How long ago item was ordered, Company name/personal name, contact email address, contact phone number.

PM me this information through rctech and put in the subject line: JASON HALVORSON ISSUE MYCOMPANY/MYNAME. I will compile this into a spreadsheet. I will also compare this against what he brings by assuming that still happens and see if he wants to seperate those items out to send out seperately, or, send cash back to those affected. Please also post something about this thread here on the other forums like tiltedrc's forum (don't have a link or acct) so people know to come here.

I will speak with Jason and provide him with all this information and see what can be done, possibly today.

Keep in mind I am not taking ownership of this issue in anyway, just trying to help him out while he is in this tough spot. Also, please keep the pm's to the point as requested so it makes going through them a lot quicker.

For those who will be attending the RC Pro Series race in Pingree next week, I will be there. If Jason meets up with me before then and Oks it, I will see about bringing your item there to you and will notify you of that.

This is really unfortunate that this has happened, as Jason has always been one of the most helpful people I have met since I have been in North Dakota, and was instrumental in getting offroad racing going in Manvel last year.
A man will confess his wrongs and do what he can to make them right. Its the first step in saving face. Its good of you to help him out. Some times strength is with in a friend. I was shocked to read this thread. And I mean shocked.
I have faith he will do whats right by everyone.
Be sure and tell him X said hey and I hope he has the courage to do whats right!
Old 05-23-2008, 10:08 AM   #60
Tech Legend

Alan,

I will shoot you an email over.

I was shocked as well to find out all of this. Before his computer went down awhile ago Jason was quite a regular poster and seller here. With LOTs of good feedback and almost as many posts as I have, and I have been on here since 2002.

So main thing right now is I need to hear back from Jason. Thats what I am waiting on. I will give him another jingle Saturday.
Closed Thread