Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
MADMAN23 (DARYL SHARLOW) = DISHONEST!!! >

MADMAN23 (DARYL SHARLOW) = DISHONEST!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MADMAN23 (DARYL SHARLOW) = DISHONEST!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 02:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default MADMAN23 (DARYL SHARLOW) = DISHONEST!!!

I traded my XXX-T MF1 roller + parts for his supposedly brand new Duratrax Vendetta. In his ad he was advertising a "brand new vendetta." I asked him about the condition of the car over PM and he said he never ran it and that it was "brand new." Now fast forward a couple of days later and this is what I got. Granted that the car is still in great condition. But it is way far from "brand new."

Problems I see:
1) Rear hinge pins bent
2) Rear hinge pin cover bent
3) The "brand new duratrax 1200 nim. battery pack" registering less than 4 volts when I plugged it into my ICE charger. Shrink wrap messed up, etc. Daryl later admitted it's not brand new and that he used it a few times.
4) Scracthes and gashes all over the underside, bumper, wing, shock towers (probably from flipping over) and the supposedly "new duratrax blue alum. rear hub's."
5) Mud caked onto various parts on the car. This is the ultimate proof that the car has indeed been used and not "brand new" like madman23 said in his ad.
6) Radio system not working (extreme glitching)
7) VR 3 motor cuts off at full throttle, presumably toast

I am not an unreasonable person but at the same time, I would greatly appreciate a bit of honesty. If madman23 had only listed in his ad that the vendetta is "lightly used" then I would not make a big deal at all. But of course, Daryl had to list it as "brand new."

Having said that, I am willing to overlook a few of the things I mentioned above but I should at least be reimbursed for the broken parts. Of course, the whole time we were talking through email, Daryl just denied everything, saying that the car is brand new, never used. I sent him these pics below and still he thinks that he sold me a "brand new" car.

Daryl, how old are you? By the way you try to avoid any type of responsibility, you're acting like an 8 year old boy.
Attached Thumbnails MADMAN23 (DARYL SHARLOW) = DISHONEST!!!-vendetta-ad.jpg   MADMAN23 (DARYL SHARLOW) = DISHONEST!!!-dsc02905.jpg   MADMAN23 (DARYL SHARLOW) = DISHONEST!!!-dsc02913.jpg   MADMAN23 (DARYL SHARLOW) = DISHONEST!!!-dsc02906.jpg   MADMAN23 (DARYL SHARLOW) = DISHONEST!!!-dsc02912.jpg  

Last edited by paulsrc; 01-04-2008 at 12:29 PM.
Old 12-30-2007, 02:06 PM
Tech Adept

Also, the servo was hot glued to the chassis and he dared tell me that this is how it came stock. Also, I checked the VR3 motor and the comm is in pretty bad shape and apparently, Daryl thinks it's "almost new."

Like I said before, this wouldn't have been a big deal had Daryl (madman23) been more honest in his ad description...

All you other guys can decide if these items are "brand new" or not...
Attached Thumbnails MADMAN23 (DARYL SHARLOW) = DISHONEST!!!-dsc02908.jpg   MADMAN23 (DARYL SHARLOW) = DISHONEST!!!-dsc02915.jpg  

Last edited by paulsrc; 12-30-2007 at 08:56 PM.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

WOW! Cant belive MadMan Did these..............

Old 12-30-2007, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

i agree not so new...
Old 12-30-2007, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by paulsrc
I traded my XXX-T MF1 roller + parts for his supposedly brand new Duratrax Vendetta. In his ad he was advertising a "brand new vendetta." I asked him about the condition of the car over PM and he said he never ran it and that it was "brand new." Now fast forward a couple of days later and this is what I got. Granted that the car is still in great condition. But it is way far from "brand new."

Problems I see:
1) Rear hinge pins bent
2) Rear hinge pin cover bent
3) The "brand new duratrax 1200 nim. battery pack" registering less than 4 volts when I plugged it into my ICE charger. Shrink wrap messed up, etc. Daryl later admitted it's not brand new and that he used it a few times.
4) Scracthes and gashes all over the underside, bumper, wing, shock towers (probably from flipping over) and the supposedly "new duratrax blue alum. rear hub's."
5) Mud caked onto various parts on the car. This is the ultimate proof that the car has indeed been used and not "brand new" like madman23 said in his ad.

I am not an unreasonable person but at the same time, I would greatly appreciate a bit of honesty. If madman23 had only listed in his ad that the vendetta is "lightly used" then I would not make a big deal at all. But of course, Daryl had to list it as "brand new."

Having said that, I am willing to overlook a few of the things I mentioned above but I should at least be reimbursed for the broken parts. Of course, the whole time we were talking through email, Daryl just denied everything, saying that the car is brand new, never used. I sent him these pics below and still he thinks that he sold me a "brand new" car.

Daryl, how old are you? By the way you try to avoid any type of responsibility, you're acting like an 8 year old boy.
So are you and Madman going to settle on an agreement,Him give you some money,Trade back etc....?...?.....?....?
Old 12-30-2007, 04:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by xsxracing
So are you and Madman going to settle on an agreement,Him give you some money,Trade back etc....?...?.....?....?
I don't want to send the buggy back to him because I will have wasted $30 just in shipping. All I want is for him to reimburse me for the parts that are broken.

Last edited by paulsrc; 12-30-2007 at 04:28 PM.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by paulsrc
I don't want to send the buggy back to him because I will have wasted $30 just in shipping. All I want is for him to reimburse me for the parts that are broken.
I'd say that's the MINIMUM he owes you, so if you're willing to settle for that he'd be an IDIOT to not go along with it.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik
I'd say that's the MINIMUM he owes you, so if you're willing to settle for that he'd be an IDIOT to not go along with it.

i second that
Old 12-30-2007, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Thirded. I'm marking this kid on my blacklist. We will see how he decides to handle this, and bring it to an HONEST resolution.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:02 PM
Tech Adept

You know what guys? This experience has taught me that even a forum member with 3700 posts and 5 positive feedbacks can still screw you over. Just gotta be more careful next time, I guess.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Did you get two buggies or one?
Old 12-30-2007, 10:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Yeah, there can be differences of opinion re: what is "like new", "excellent", "very good", etc. But there can be NO difference regarding "Brand New". ANY item is Brand New once, until it is used that first time. Then it ceases to be and should never hence be described as such.

Hopefully he sees the light. Such a stupid (and inexpensive) thing to ruin one's rep over. Do him a favor, price out the parts and give him a concrete number that makes you whole. Then if he's honorable he'll appologize and pay you. If he's a weasily little SOB he'll stick you with it. I can't see any percentage in that.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:26 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by skeller
Did you get two buggies or one?
I only got one. The one that he said was "brand new."
Old 12-31-2007, 01:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Scottrik
Yeah, there can be differences of opinion re: what is "like new", "excellent", "very good", etc. But there can be NO difference regarding "Brand New". ANY item is Brand New once, until it is used that first time. Then it ceases to be and should never hence be described as such.

Hopefully he sees the light. Such a stupid (and inexpensive) thing to ruin one's rep over. Do him a favor, price out the parts and give him a concrete number that makes you whole. Then if he's honorable he'll appologize and pay you. If he's a weasily little SOB he'll stick you with it. I can't see any percentage in that.
Scottrik, I've been trying to drill that very same concept into his head for the past couple of days but to no avail.

I already emailed him saying I demand these parts at the very least:
Duratrax 7.2V 1200mah pack = $15.99
Duratrax hinge pins = $2.69
Duratrax hinge pin brace = $3.59

So far it doesn't seem like he even thinks he did anything wrong.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)
Angry

wow, i cant believe that some of you turn on me, you all dont seem to notice all the lies he made to me , and he's trying to make me the bad guy here, it works both ways, the so called mf1, as he calls it, has a lot of rtr xxxt on it, he had the real parts for it , and sold them separete, he is also claiming, he soo generously gave me $50.00 worth of extra parts, the real reason for the parts , was because it needed them, he makes it sound like wow what a guy, gave all that stuff, you guys did not see the so called mf1, you are just going on what he told you , this thing is a mess, and the rear hinge retainer is also bent , and the diff was missing all the 6 bevel washers, so when you pull on the diff drives it would move 1/4 of an inch, so had to replace the diff gear and the diff balls , he said were extras, i made a mistake buy what i put down as for the vendetta, but it is almost new, not to mention giving him a rtr vehicle for a junk pile, come on guys what he is complaining about is soo damn minor, im not wining all over the threads about what i got, i just chalk it up as a bad trade, i will pay him for the parts he claims are so bad, when he gives me the replacement parts money, ...so here it is , you guys believe what you want , but notice who has a rep here and who does not,...all i have to say...curtis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.