Wiki Posts
Search

HRCRACER123 *Neutral Transaction*

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 03:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sharkonwheels

Oh, and HRC, I really don;t think anyone gives a squat what you make/drive/do - not being rude or mean, just being honest.
I beg to differ. What you drive says alot about you. Lets say you are going to purchase a house and one realtor pulls up in a dirty beat up Hyundai accent and then another one pulls up in a clean new $120,000 S55 Benz. Who would you want to deal with and have faith in that the job will get done right and get you the best deal? Having a nice car just shows people that you have determination and integrity and that you have made it in this hard world. Well at least for me it does..
Old 04-25-2007, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

As I had said from the start, I've made many deals over the years and "luckily" (is that a word?) have never been screwed. Other than the body not being new as stated and the truck being a little dirty than I would have thought it should have been, I did receive it promptly. I wish it was resolved in a better manner as I enjoy this hobby and we should all be one big family, right?

As for my paypal, the way to do a refund is log into your paypal click the "detail" on the original payment I sent you and at the very bottom there is a refund button, click that and put in the $35.00 and it will refund me back the full $35 and refund the fee it charged you.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

Refund received...
Old 04-25-2007, 04:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Money Refunded..
Old 04-25-2007, 04:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

I was 100% wrong about HRC. It appeared to me that he had no intent of making his deal with birdy whole. In the end, it turned out the problem was merely that his recollection of the condition of the body was faulty and when his memory was refreshed he did the stand-up thing and credited back a mutually agreeable portion of the sales price.

The important thing is that birdy is happy with his deal and it would appear that is, indeed the case. I apologize for having spoken out of school regarding HRC's willingness to make the deal right.

Now, that said, I'd sure like to see HRC acknowledge that "new" is new. Had he subscribed to that simple principle birdy would never have needed to "prove" the body was, in fact, more worn than HRC remembered it to be.

I shall edit my posts above.

Last edited by Scottrik; 04-25-2007 at 04:46 PM.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

Nice Scottrik, that made me laugh! Who needs to go out to a comedy club when you have the internet message boards!!
Old 04-25-2007, 04:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by birdy233
Nice Scottrik, that made me laugh! Who needs to go out to a comedy club when you have the internet message boards!!
Shhh...dude...I'm being sincere. Don't blow my cover
Old 04-25-2007, 05:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HRCRACER123
I beg to differ. What you drive says alot about you. Lets say you are going to purchase a house and one realtor pulls up in a dirty beat up Hyundai accent and then another one pulls up in a clean new $120,000 S55 Benz. Who would you want to deal with and have faith in that the job will get done right and get you the best deal? Having a nice car just shows people that you have determination and integrity and that you have made it in this hard world. Well at least for me it does..
Well, first off, I meant HERE noone cares...

2nd, I'd probably send the guy in the S55 home, because he'd probably be a conceited prick ANYWAY

3rd, I wouldn't use a realtor with an S55, because obviously, he's going to charge me through the nose for the commission, because, well, SOMEONE'S gotta pay for it!

4th, anyone who picks a realtor by what they drive DESERVES to get hammered come commission-time

Anyways - stand up job with solving the issue with Birdy - I figured you would!
Old 04-25-2007, 05:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

2nd, I'd probably send the guy in the S55 home, because he'd probably be a conceited prick ANYWAY

3rd, I wouldn't use a realtor with an S55, because obviously, he's going to charge me through the nose for the commission, because, well, SOMEONE'S gotta pay for it!

4th, anyone who picks a realtor by what they drive DESERVES to get hammered come commission-time

On this one we are going to have to agree to disagree. Have a nice life and remember not everyone who drives a nice car is a conceited prick.

I hope one day you get to experience a car that does 0-60 in 4.5 seconds. While massaging my back in an air conditioned seat and doing it in a FULL size sedan. S55 AMG the best german car ever made PERIOD!!
Old 04-25-2007, 05:30 PM
Tech Champion

Amen Sharky.

I worked for many years with a VERY successful Realtor...she could have easily owned a fleet of S55's. She drives a GM SUV.

When HRC gets a bit more life under his belt he'll figure out that the vast majority of clients out there aren't impressed at all with a flash ride. The key is to wow them with service and create enough word of mouth buzz among THEIR friends and associates that you COULD drive up in a clapped-out Huyndai(sp?) and they'd CLAMOUR to do business with you.

For the record...I sold a LOT of real estate in my mini van(s). In fact, they worked well enough that it allowed me to not sell real estate any more Keep it clean and pretty much any wheels are a success-mobile. Our thought was that more people were either intimidated or offended by ostentatious display. If I'd shown up in a S55 I'd have given me the bum's rush too.

Now an "after hours for fun car" is an entirely different kettle of fish...my personal choice isn't a S55, but you sure could do a lot worse than one of those.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HRCRACER123
On this one we are going to have to agree to disagree. Have a nice life and remember not everyone who drives a nice car is a conceited prick.

I hope one day you get to experience a car that does 0-60 in 4.5 seconds. While massaging my back in an air conditioned seat and doing it in a FULL size sedan. S55 AMG the best german car ever made PERIOD!!
Now, now - I didn't say *ALL* !

See, way I see it, if you were a prick, you woulda' blown off this guy for $35.
Right?

Anyways - that;s the GREAT thing about this country! You really CAN do whatever you want to do, and reap the rewards! Me, I don;t like spending my money on cars - they lose too much value for my taste.

Of course, that doesn't mean that you have to have the same opinion.

Man - isn't this country wonderful?

enjoy the AMG - obviously, you've worked for it.

Old 04-25-2007, 07:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I think that we all are missing the real question. He drives an S55 but had to put a hole in the body for a house transponder?? Another question is how much money do his parents have?
Old 04-25-2007, 07:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bounce
I think that we all are missing the real question. He drives an S55 but had to put a hole in the body for a house transponder?? Another question is how much money do his parents have?

You bring up a funny point that I didn't think of...duh!! If the truck wasn't ever raced and used only in the front yard, (see post #38 above) why the need for the transponder hole in the body? And yes, it clearly had transponder use. Moot point as everything is ok now, but lesson learned, ask questions when buying to clarify and don't BS in your post if your selling
Old 04-25-2007, 08:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Actually Birdy it was raced once at a local track outside. The track only had one race. Not a good showing of people to continue to race outside. The main racing is inside on the carpet. Thats where I am used to. I had to put the whole in it because I forgot to take my personal out of one of my other cars. Anyway that was an exeption and was a while ago so whatever. Anyway I am glad you are happy. Now can we let this go, this is getting crazy.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

raise your hand if you think HRC's father actually owns an Allstate Agency and if he has seen an S55 AMG on a car lot somewhere...owning an agency since he was 20...hmmm....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.