**Beware of R-job**

Old 05-05-2006, 08:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs down **Beware of R-job**

Be on the alert when dealing with R-job. I ask you to heed this warning due to the fact that I sold him an M8 Airtronics Radio on March 23, 2006, only to come back after 34 days (April 27) to inform me that the radio did not function. He wanted his money back, or send him $50.00 for the transmitter.

I informed him that he took too long in notifying me of the situation. When I sent him the radio, it was in excellent condition. I find it inconceivable; that it took him so long to turn on the radio and notice it didn’t function properly. As I see it, he caused the damage and would like to blame me for the malfunction.

Truth is on my side and I feel comfortable with my appraisal of the situation. You make the decision as to where the truth lies.
Old 05-05-2006, 03:41 PM
Tech Addict

This is a tough situation here for both of you.
Basicly all we have to go by is you word and his.
I have a rule of thumb when it comes to electronics radios esc's etc.
I wont sell a high dollar electronic item sight unseen(not in person) unless I m willing to accept the fact a simialr situation like yours might happen and if it does then I realy cant do much about it knowing full well that it is my word against the buyers.

I wont buy electronics unless I am willing to take a loss either becuase I understand things can happen durring shipping etc and again it would be my word against the sellers.

Thats why I think electronics are so hard to deal with because they are somewhat fragile. But in your case I would question why it took so long for this to become an issue.
Old 05-05-2006, 04:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

i could see if it was under a week after delivery, but 34 days is a bit of a stretch. A lot can happen in that time, and I would be suspicious if I got an email after a month saying it didnt work.
Im not saying that R-job is dishonest, just his timing sucks.
Hopefully this wont get out of hand like some of the other threads, where there are disagreements about the equiment in question.
I had a similar situation with an airtronics servo I bought off this site where I thought I got a good deal on it, didnt use it for a while then when I went to put it in a car, it didnt work so hot. I just chalked it up to a learning experience and will never buy used radio/servo equipment again.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

As I said on the other thread...time was of the essence. He waited too long thus not doing what he was responsible for...checking things in a timely fashion. Learn from this...move on, nobody died!
Old 05-05-2006, 11:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fastmanpr
I sold him an M8 Airtronics Radio on March 23, 2006, only to come back after 34 days (April 27) to inform me that the radio did not function.
Was it sold on 3/23 or did he get it on 3/23?