Search

Sheldons Hobbies s.... !!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2002, 03:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Angry Sheldons Hobbies s.... !!!

Hi,

I called yesterday to place an order for several stuffs such foam tires, battery bars... and a Panasonic UMH pack,
I asked the guy if he could pick a pack with good numbers if possible, then he replied that he will charge to me 25USD extra for choosing...
I was so surprised that I made him repeat, and asked him why ?
the guy said "I am gone" and he hang-up !!!

I am really shocked by this behaviour so I called them again,
the guy recognized me and said that he hanged-up because he didn't want to argue with me and if I order a pack, I will get what they want !!!

I used to order from them and for 2 years now, gave them a lot of money, and I am disgusted by their reaction.

They carry a lot of parts, certainly have a lot of customers but nothing justify a so rude behaviour.

I will never order from them again.
Old 12-11-2002, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

sorry to hear about your experience. try ordering from kt hobbies or speedtech both of which you can find right on these forums also try stormer hobbies.
Old 12-11-2002, 10:12 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

What is the guy's name? Sheldons hobbies is really close by to me and I agree, service isn't exactly their top priority.
Old 12-11-2002, 10:48 AM
Tech Regular

Dan,

The guy didn't present himself,...
I used to deal with Mary and I must say that she is not very cool neither...

I called other shops such as KT hobbies and Speedtech rc and they are more service oriented or simply professional !!!
Old 12-11-2002, 11:50 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I agree. Steve at SpeedTech is the best. Very friendly, prompt and shipped my stuff fast. Order from him if you can!
Old 12-11-2002, 12:07 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Well, well, well........It looks like Sheldon's has struck again!

Ralf-Back before rctouring.com went under, I had a thread that I titled "Sheldon's hobbies sucks!!!" In it, I listed my experience with them and the treatment I recieved when I had the nerve to request my UPS tracking number! The thread got a ton of responses from people who had been treated just as bad.

I said that I would never order from them again, and I haven't. That was a few years ago. It probably hasn't effected them in any way to lose my business, but I simply refuse to spend money in a place that would treat people that bad. Anyway, places like SpeedtechRC, StormerHobbies, and TowerHobbies have filled in just fine! Try one of those places, trust me, you'll get much, MUCH, better service at the same or better prices.

In short, SCREW(not the word I really want to say! ) SheldonsHobbies!

Old 12-11-2002, 01:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

That doesn't sound right....next time you call ask for Jaime or Roger in the RC car dept. They're back after along absence. They will give you the best service. Before them...service was bad...they hired teenagers in the counter who know very little about Rc cars and all they did was talk on there cell phones while customers waited and waited to get any service.
Old 12-11-2002, 05:11 PM
Tech Regular

Sheldons hobbies SUCKS. A week ago I wanted to order some D5 motors from them to Canada and I asked about shipping prices and was told its $20 per motor. I asked why there price was so high and he just simply told me if you don't like it shop somewhere else, we don't care about your business here. Than he hanged up. RUDE! I wanted to order 5 motors so he was expecting to get $100 from me for shipping.

Last edited by rcpilot; 12-11-2002 at 05:13 PM.
Old 12-12-2002, 01:37 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Guys,

it seems that I am not the only one person who had bad experience with Sheldons Hobbies.

RC-Zombies
It may doesn't sound right to you but unfortunately it happened.
When I called back the rude guy, I asked to talk to someone else and he replied that no one was there...
In my understanding Sheldons hobbies doesn't care about their customers by being so rude, so I won't beg for being one of their customer and will never call them back even if Jaime and Roger are back...

I will create this thread in electric forum, I think it is worth people to know about that.

Last edited by Ralf; 12-12-2002 at 02:35 AM.
Old 12-12-2002, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Last edited by ChristopherKee; 01-13-2009 at 01:20 PM.
Old 12-12-2002, 08:02 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Guys,

I suggest to reply at this Topic in the Electric on-road Forum,

I think that this forum has much more viewers...

Best Regards,
Old 12-12-2002, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sheldon does suck! Not only the couple of people I talked to not being very professional. One time I asked for a UPS tracking number so I can print it out and stick it on my door so the UPS guy won't keep trying to deliver. The guy at Sheldon said "Oh, we don't do that!" Then I asked him whether they use UPS just to make sure, he said yes but they don't do tracking number, it's an extra fee! Ah...... ok!!!
Old 12-12-2002, 03:03 PM
Tech Regular

Guys,

Unfortunately I am not the only one who had bad experience with Sheldons,...

I will definitely try SpeedtechRc and KThobbies as I read a lot of good posts on them.

I ordered Speedtechrc some time ago for a yokomo kit and hadn't any problem, I will try again because I remember the guy was very helpful and professional.
Old 12-14-2002, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally posted by ChristopherKee
In the three orders I have placed with them, they have failed to send merchandise, that was said to be in stock, in less than 2 weeks. Though they are quick to charge my credit card.
Week two has begun, No delivery as of yet. Keeping my fingers crossed they beat the normal 2 week mark...
Old 12-15-2002, 01:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

You can also order from www.rcplus.com they are into thier service and will try to get you the price they can.. Give them a try..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.