Search
Like Tree6Likes

WTB scams???

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 01:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default WTB scams???

So I put up this WTB thread for a servo and I had heard that there are some people getting scammed by texting or email the deal. Would this by a response I should stay away from? Note: 0 posts

Report Private Message Private Message: WTB Sanwa SRG-HS
Today, 05:09 AM
Shay KInsworth
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 0
Default WTB Sanwa SRG-HS
Shay here! Decided to drop you a PM in respect to your ad placed. Email Gulley in WI, [email protected] I think he has a Sanwa SRG-HS for sale.

Have a nice day!
Old 10-30-2017, 01:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Sounds scammy to me. The guy is messaging you from texas and telling you to contact a guy in wisconsin? Nope. Not for me.
Old 10-30-2017, 03:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Yeah same guy said to contact a buddy about a tekno et48.3. Scam as scam can be. What the he'll. Never seen so many scammer and on a rc car site. Wtf.
Old 10-31-2017, 09:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Same guy mesaaged me I emailed the guy and never herd a word from him after that.
Old 10-31-2017, 12:15 PM
Tech Adept

Glad I read about this.

I can see how someone could get sucked into paying for something they thought was a good deal and then never see or hear from that person again.

String em up I say!
Old 10-31-2017, 02:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Got the exact same on my wtb WTB d216.

Guy sent pics of car then wanted walmart pay. Claimed paypal scammed him last year
Old 10-31-2017, 05:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adim_X
Got the exact same on my wtb WTB d216.

Guy sent pics of car then wanted walmart pay. Claimed paypal scammed him last year
I got the same exact email but of a b6d definitely a scam!
Old 10-31-2017, 07:15 PM
Tech Adept

Is there any way for the Admins to boot them from here and block their ip's so they can't join again?
Old 10-31-2017, 08:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by VanBee
Is there any way for the Admins to boot them from here and block their ip's so they can't join again?
Right I got the same. Wtf is wal mart pay. Fucking people. I got scammed last year lost 270 of my hard earned dollars on a losi buggy I never got. You have to be looking for scams. It's so sad that This day and age u try to do good business deals with legit people. Made me sick, still sick to think of it but mistake will never be made again. Bastards need to rot in hell.
Old 10-31-2017, 08:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Volcrano
Right I got the same. Wtf is wal mart pay. Fucking people. I got scammed last year lost 270 of my hard earned dollars on a losi buggy I never got. You have to be looking for scams. It's so sad that This day and age u try to do good business deals with legit people. Made me sick, still sick to think of it but mistake will never be made again. Bastards need to rot in hell.
Wow! Sorry to hear that. That's a lot of coin!
It is indeed sad that one has to always be looking for the worst in people.
Old 11-01-2017, 08:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Volcrano
The ONLY way to pay is "Pay for goods and services" thru pay pal. That way you're protected against bull like this. Too many red flags should chase you away from these kind of adds.
Old 11-01-2017, 08:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Good posts here,, Wanted posts have always been a target for scammers,,, just like if a guys listed something what you want,,, vet the seller, be very careful with new accounts & no feedback guys,,, and of course protect yourself with paypal
Old 11-01-2017, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Stick to this simple principled to avoid scams. Sad to say but I never deal with anyone who doesn't have a perfect Trader Rating. Sucks for the good people who haven't bought or sold anything yet through RCTech. But I've heard too many stories from friends who had problems with new users.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I always take a look at trader rating, past trades, even post history sometimes if I feel I need to get a feel for the person. And since I have a low(er) trader rating than most, I expect some scrutiny as well. But the site says, use paypal, don't send money as a gift, etc, and that is just to protect people. For the most part the fees aren't too crazy unless your selling high $$ stuff all the time, and at least you get to cut out the middle men like ebay.
Old 11-01-2017, 12:08 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Carl Giordano
Sad to say but I never deal with anyone who doesn't have a perfect Trader Rating. Sucks for the good people who haven't bought or sold anything yet through RCTech.
This is true and I understand this but what sucks even more for us new users is when you leave positive trader feedback for someone and they neglect to leave any for you even after numerous requests. How is a guy ever supposed to increase hit trader rating like that!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.