chrisper27p a thief

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 11:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Exclamation chrisper27p is a shady character at best

Paid for item on 1/4/2012.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ss-servos.html

Never received a tracking number after asking multiple times, have not received item.

Exact same item from exact same user sold on ebay 1/3/2011. Same user name, same pictures.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140674228870...84.m1436.l2649

ebay item#140674228870

Paypal claim filed, ebay complaint filed.

Please get rid of this guy!

Anyone w/ info on this user please contact me!

Last edited by Precision1; 01-25-2012 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Got my $ back, thanks paypal!
Old 01-14-2012, 11:06 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

That looks bad for sure.
Old 01-14-2012, 01:45 PM
Tech Addict

Exclamation Moderator help?

Can a moderator help w/ this? I think stealing $233 warrants more than one negative feedback on a traders score.

If this is not resolved can you get rid of this user (chrisper27p) please?

His RC Tech, Ebay, and gmail user name are all the same, chrisper27p, beware of Chris Perry!

I have alerted ebay as well, but i don't know how much they can do for me.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I bought a Summit from him about 3 months ago.

He was very slow to communicate at times during the transaction, but once he got my money he followed through on everything that he said he would in a timely fashion. I gave him positive feedback because he did not drag his feet once he had my money.

He also had the truck I purchased listed on multiple sites. He closed the ads on the other sites once I purchased it from here. Multiple sites is not necessarily a scam indicator.

I would definitely start the claims filing process, just to protect yourself.

He may just be responding slow again. That is not good business, I agree, but hopefully that is all there is to it right now.

How do you expect a Moderator to assist? Has he left you negative feedback? The mods do not get involved in disputes. It's not the site's job to mediate disputes. It's up to the buyer, seller, and payment service they used for the transaction.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:23 AM
Tech Addict

He was responding at lightning speed when he wanted me to send the money. Even sent multiple messages way past midnight just to make sure I put the money in.

He was still responding quickly the first 3 times I asked for a tracking number. His response was that he already texted it to me, but never did (pretty easy to resend a text). I finally sent him a message saying tracking number or paypal dispute will be filed, that was 5 days ago. All silent.

I gave him negative seller rep, but is that enough? I would think action such as this would be grounds for removal of that username from RCTech. Why would they (moderators) want more people to get ripped off?

This isn't a case of "the parts weren't as described" or something like that. This is he has my money, he has not contacted me, the item did not arrive. He said it shipped USPS Priority on 1/4. I have received items shipped the same manner from the east coast in 3-4 days. It has been 10 shipping days.

Believe me, I want the truck and hope this is all a mistake but I am thinking it is not...
We'll see how long it takes for paypal to help me out.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm not saying you don't have a reason to be concerned. You do.

I agree that it's pretty bad communication on his part, especially since he says he shipped USPS Priority Mail on 1/4/12.

I was just letting you know that I've dealt with him successfully in the past, so hopefully there is a reasonable explanation for why he isn't responding.

I think you did the right thing filing the PayPal claim, either way.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:24 PM
Tech Addict

Yeah, I hear you.

Hopefully he sent it out parcel post or something and then went on vacation. Hopefully.....(yeah right)

I have a feeling this paypal dispute thing will be anything but swift. They give the seller 11 days just to respond to the initial dispute email. Sweet....

There go all hopes of having a truggy to run this month
Old 01-16-2012, 05:58 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I feel for you. However these are the risks you take when buying used on the Internet. I never do it if I'm in a hurry.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Cadimman
I feel for you. However these are the risks you take when buying used on the Internet. I never do it if I'm in a hurry.
Well said.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:52 PM
Tech Addict

C'mon Chris Perry, I see you logged in today @ 10:30 AM.

You don't get anything in this world for free, including my $233 lunch. I bet folks have ended up in Jersey landfills for less!

And if you just screwed around for the past few weeks and never sent the truck, I have no problem with that (well maybe a little problem). I just want what I have paid for.

At least reply to the paypal dispute email to get the ball rolling....
Old 01-18-2012, 05:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

It's been so long since I've had a PayPal dispute that I don't remember...

If he doesn't respond to PayPal, don't you automatically win the dispute?
Old 01-18-2012, 06:44 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Precision1
Can a moderator help w/ this? I think stealing $233 warrants more than one negative feedback on a traders score.

If this is not resolved can you get rid of this user (chrisper27p) please?

His RC Tech, Ebay, and gmail user name are all the same, chrisper27p, beware of Chris Perry!

I have alerted ebay as well, but i don't know how much they can do for me.
We do not get involved in sales disputes
Old 01-23-2012, 11:58 AM
Tech Addict

Angry still nothing

Yes, Chris Perry (chrisper27p) still has my cash and not a word from him in over two weeks.

He does lurk around this site however, logged in on a 1/20/12 in fact. If anyone knows this guy, or has any info on him, please let me know. I know he has gone to tracks in the Jersey/Philly area in the past. Might have to put up a bounty!

No reply to the PP dispute either, deadline is tomorrow. We'll see what Paypal can do now...

C'mon Chris don't be a chump!
Old 01-24-2012, 03:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

That sucks that he's handling the deal this way. I hope the PayPal dispute is resolved in your favor.

Good luck.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Precision1
Yes, Chris Perry (chrisper27p) still has my cash and not a word from him in over two weeks.

He does lurk around this site however, logged in on a 1/20/12 in fact. If anyone knows this guy, or has any info on him, please let me know. I know he has gone to tracks in the Jersey/Philly area in the past. Might have to put up a bounty!

No reply to the PP dispute either, deadline is tomorrow. We'll see what Paypal can do now...

C'mon Chris don't be a chump!
Man i hate scammers, expecialy ones northern of me. If he come to md let me know ill stop by and say hi for ya.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.