Wiki Posts
Search

Jay Graphics

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2024, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default Jay Graphics

This isn't really a complaint about doing business here, but since this was a bad experience I figured I would put it here for others.

So this guy sends me a friend request on Facebook, I check his friends and he has some known racers as friends. After the request sits there for like a week, I finally accepted it. A few hours after I accepted the request I get a message from him soliciting his work. I wasn't going to do business with him because of how he reached out, but I looked at some of his artwork, and I was already thinking about another logo. So, fine. We settle on a price, same price I can get on a few different platforms for artwork, so I say ok. But before that, I said I want all the files, AI everything. He said that is fine. I send him $$ up front via Paypal F&F, didn't like that but I figured if it was a scam, I'm out my money. But again, he has these known racer friends on Facebook, so I figured he was legit. send him my old logo and he does some work on it. Sends me a jpeg that has "DONE" across it. Immediately I start thinking this guy is going to charge me more for my pic. I tell him it needs a change, and sure enough he tells me it is going to cost me more money. Ok fine. I pay the money, this time to a different Paypal F&F account... Yep, shady right there. Anyway, he makes the change and messages me the new jpeg. Ok, I tell him I want the files. He says sure. A few days go by and I still don't have the files so I message him again saying I want the files. He sends me the jpeg via email. No AI file, no nothing else.

I pretty much gave up and considered it a loss. I have the jpeg, it is nice, but I can't really do anything with it. I wanted the files so I could have someone else do the rest of the work. Anyway, I reached back out to him after a bit to tell him he didn't send me the rest of the files. He responds that he doesn't have them anymore and it would cost me some more money for him to redo the work and get me the files.

Now he is gaslighting me saying it isn't his fault. But whatever. I wasn't going to post anything about it, and I really don't like bad talking other people. But if you are going to do business with him, pay after you get your product. Otherwise you may end up paying a lot more than the initial agreement.
Old 04-06-2024, 08:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trilerian
This isn't really a complaint about doing business here, but since this was a bad experience I figured I would put it here for others.

So this guy sends me a friend request on Facebook, I check his friends and he has some known racers as friends. After the request sits there for like a week, I finally accepted it. A few hours after I accepted the request I get a message from him soliciting his work. I wasn't going to do business with him because of how he reached out, but I looked at some of his artwork, and I was already thinking about another logo. So, fine. We settle on a price, same price I can get on a few different platforms for artwork, so I say ok. But before that, I said I want all the files, AI everything. He said that is fine. I send him $$ up front via Paypal F&F, didn't like that but I figured if it was a scam, I'm out my money. But again, he has these known racer friends on Facebook, so I figured he was legit. send him my old logo and he does some work on it. Sends me a jpeg that has "DONE" across it. Immediately I start thinking this guy is going to charge me more for my pic. I tell him it needs a change, and sure enough he tells me it is going to cost me more money. Ok fine. I pay the money, this time to a different Paypal F&F account... Yep, shady right there. Anyway, he makes the change and messages me the new jpeg. Ok, I tell him I want the files. He says sure. A few days go by and I still don't have the files so I message him again saying I want the files. He sends me the jpeg via email. No AI file, no nothing else.

I pretty much gave up and considered it a loss. I have the jpeg, it is nice, but I can't really do anything with it. I wanted the files so I could have someone else do the rest of the work. Anyway, I reached back out to him after a bit to tell him he didn't send me the rest of the files. He responds that he doesn't have them anymore and it would cost me some more money for him to redo the work and get me the files.

Now he is gaslighting me saying it isn't his fault. But whatever. I wasn't going to post anything about it, and I really don't like bad talking other people. But if you are going to do business with him, pay after you get your product. Otherwise you may end up paying a lot more than the initial agreement.
Your first mistake was paying via F&F!!! You're right, now you're out of money. Lesson learned I hope.
Old 04-06-2024, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andy Koback
Your first mistake was paying via F&F!!! You're right, now you're out of money. Lesson learned I hope.
I knew going in, and it didn't feel good. I took the risk, I know it. I'm not looking to get my money back, just posting my experience so others can have more information.