Like Tree9Likes

Never Buy from MIKE WEED!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default Never Buy from MIKE WEED!!

I'll give you guys the timeline and the story:

August 25 - I contact Mike regarding some custom wraps for my transmitter, charger and exergen gun

August 26 - He sends me a quote for $139.75 (which I found extremely high, but that is not the point) for the custom wraps for all 3 devices. Afterwards, I send the payment with instructions, etc.

August 27 - Mike says he'll have the design in 2-4 business days.

August 31 - I contact Mike regarding my design, and he says he is having problems with his laptop and he'll have it ASAP (First excuse / delay)

September 2 - He sends proof of design. I request a few additional changes and to print/send it

September 5 - Mike says he is working on transferring the designs and also tries to sell me additional nitro stuff at a discounted price (which I don't even race)

September 11 - Mike sends the updated proof of design. (Yes, 9 days after I requested modifications, delay #2). I immediately request the print/ship of the skins

September 12 - Mike wants an additional $17 for shipping charges. While, he never mentioned this in any conversation, the $139 should've covered these shipping charges. Anyways, I sent him the payment.

September 16 - I request a status update for my order. He responds that he is having troubles with the printing and he'll contact another on Monday

<Hurricane Maria passed through PR Sep20>

September 23 - (A week later) I write another email requesting a status order. He replies that he is out of town for the weekend, but will give me an update the next day.

October 1 - (A week later) I write another email requesting a status order.
Here is his message:
Hello Jesus,
I apologize for the wait. I had a problem with my print company and had to switch to a more reliable source. The other print company told me they sent a few other customers orders and they did not ... The company I am using as of today, is an old friend, and will definitely come through. It was a nightmare with the old company I was using. You are the first on the list to be done and sent out. He will be printing today, and sending you your order Wednesday-Thursday for sure. I will email you a tracking # and details as he ships it out to you. Again I appologize for the wait, and will contact you Wednesday-Thursday as soon as he lets me know. Thanks for your patients.

Sent from MWP by my iPhone

October 15 - (2 weeks later) I tell him that it has been 2 weeks since our last conversation, and he has not given any update. And to please refund my money.

Hello Jesus,
Yes you are right, 2 months is a long time to wait for sure. I appologize. I definatly understand your frustration. I have had the worst last two months for sure and is not good for you. I don't usually give refunds, because the design is customized for each individual person with your own design, colors, logos, and name. The custom design is 80% of what the cost goes to, which is created and done. The print cost is about 15% of the total, and 5% for shipping. What I am getting at here is since the problem that I am having is printing, cutting, shipping your order. Would you be ok with me emailing you the (ready to print & cut) file, and you use any sign shop with a digital print machine (there are many places that can do the print & cut) to get them done? This would be the only way for me to maybe have you at the least happy with the design and details that I put into every graphic kit wrap I do. I have never have anyone a file for them to use freely ever. You would be able to print as many as you want or need! If that sounds like a good idea for you i will send the file or files to you. If not let me know.

Thank you
~ Mike

Sent from MWP by my iPhone

Here is my response:
Hello Mike,

I don’t know how bad the last two months have been for you, but I’m pretty sure it is nothing compared to my situation in Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria. Sorry, there are NO sign/print/cut places here that can do the kind of work I wanted. This is the reason why I made the request to you requesting a service End-To-End, not half way.

I’m sorry to say this, but you have been nothing but full of excuses and I do not have the time to go search for print shops to do this work. I’m very sorry to be requesting a full refund after you have made the custom work, but be in my place, would you still want a service after 2 months of wait?? If I didn’t follow up on emails, you would’ve just forgotten my order. You have not made ANY movement on your part on following up giving the status or making progress.

I’m sorry, but I want a full refund. After Maria, the USPS is taking 3-4 weeks of getting the items stateside, this means yet another month of wait for something that should’ve been done in less than 1 week.

October 18 - Mike accepts to refund me my money (but never does)

After this, there are many more emails requesting the refund of my money. He said in one point that he needed time to gather the funds back. This was 2 months ago. I already sent him more emails regarding the status of my refund with no answer.

Bottom line, if you want to get a bag full of excuses and not your money's worth. Go with Mike, he won't disappoint.
Old 12-23-2017, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How did you pay for it?
Old 12-23-2017, 12:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

This guy?

https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-s...-business.html
Old 12-24-2017, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan
Yes, same guy. I found that post after ai made my payments and started seeing the excuses and delays.
Old 12-24-2017, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by KA2AEV
How did you pay for it?
I made the obvious mistake in paying through Paypal “Friends/Family”. Dealing with my credit card company to deal with this.
Old 12-26-2017, 07:44 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Riketsu
I made the obvious mistake in paying through Paypal “Friends/Family”. Dealing with my credit card company to deal with this.
did he request payment in that form?

Assuming the seller is NOT requesting it, I know in general people when they pay like this apparently want to help the seller a bit on fees. It may be better to just add in alittle extra for the fee if you are trying to do that and still maintain the protections that paypal offers.

Just a thought!
Old 12-26-2017, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cain
did he request payment in that form?

Assuming the seller is NOT requesting it, I know in general people when they pay like this apparently want to help the seller a bit on fees. It may be better to just add in alittle extra for the fee if you are trying to do that and still maintain the protections that paypal offers.

Just a thought!
The seller did request the payment in that form (otherwise the fees were going to be passed on to me). That is usually a red flag for me on these forums. But since it was a website/"company", I went ahead with it.

Yeah, obviously, learned lesson is eat the fees for the extra security if needed.
Cain likes this.
Old 12-27-2017, 06:54 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

The seller did request the payment in that form (otherwise the fees were going to be passed on to me). That is usually a red flag for me on these forums. But since it was a website/"company", I went ahead with it.

Yeah, obviously, learned lesson is eat the fees for the extra security if needed.
Yeah thats a big no-no with paypal from what I hear, I have heard they have come down on some sellers because of that.
Old 12-27-2017, 07:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 204 (100%+)

My suggestion would be to file a claim with PayPal as we all know, well most of us know that we are NOT supposed to do that, and you might get lucky if he has had these issues in the past, so nothing ventured nothing gained, as I have more suggestions, but better not post them here
Old 12-27-2017, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

well there you go nothing can be done about it since you made that mistake. its all on you, sorry to say
Old 12-27-2017, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
well there you go nothing can be done about it since you made that mistake. its all on you, sorry to say
I know it's all on me.

But I prefer letting everyone else know so they don't repeat my mistakes. Generalizing to "everyone knows not to use Friends/Family" won't cut it.
Old 12-27-2017, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Troubles Dad
My suggestion would be to file a claim with PayPal as we all know, well most of us know that we are NOT supposed to do that, and you might get lucky if he has had these issues in the past, so nothing ventured nothing gained, as I have more suggestions, but better not post them here
I have already filed a claim with my Credit Card company regarding not receiving the "goods" that I paid for. Even if I used Paypal "Friends/Family" it was still made with a credit card (which is a different story if I had used my bank acct.).

I'll let you know the out come.
bennytheblade likes this.
Old 12-27-2017, 09:14 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

I know it's all on me.

But I prefer letting everyone else know so they don't repeat my mistakes. Generalizing to "everyone knows not to use Friends/Family" won't cut it.
thats why its clearly posted on the for sale rules about gift payments since 2006
Old 12-27-2017, 09:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I actually got a PayPal reimbursement! While using friends and family?? Just yesterday!?

Got screwed out of 150.00

I guess if they see a positive track record on you and a negative on them they do something. THANKS PAYPAL!
Old 12-28-2017, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I have already filed a claim with my Credit Card company regarding not receiving the "goods" that I paid for. Even if I used Paypal "Friends/Family" it was still made with a credit card (which is a different story if I had used my bank acct.).

I'll let you know the out come.
When you send payment as friends or family and you use a credit card not only does the seller not pay THEIR fees, but PP actually charges YOU the fee. AKA, you paid extra to get ripped off..
Marcos.J and DRTMI like this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.