New to RC in Brunei

Old 05-12-2012, 09:41 PM
Zt
Tech Rookie

Default New to RC in Brunei

Hi Guys,

I am new to this RC thing. Just started working so earning some money for an RC.

Just wondering what do you guys recommend? I am looking an electric buggy / truggy/ monster truck class rc.

The ones i am currenlty interested in are:

Traxxas E-revo brushless edition - ebay around: USD 820
HPI Vorza FLux HP, Ebay - USD 740
HPI Savage Flux HP, Ebay USD-775

What do you guys recommend?

Can anyone tell me where the RC stores are in brunei and how is the price liked compared to online stores or ebays?

thanks guys.

justin
Old 05-13-2012, 04:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Zt
Hi Guys,

I am new to this RC thing. Just started working so earning some money for an RC.

Just wondering what do you guys recommend? I am looking an electric buggy / truggy/ monster truck class rc.

The ones i am currenlty interested in are:

Traxxas E-revo brushless edition - ebay around: USD 820
HPI Vorza FLux HP, Ebay - USD 740
HPI Savage Flux HP, Ebay USD-775

What do you guys recommend?

Can anyone tell me where the RC stores are in brunei and how is the price liked compared to online stores or ebays?

thanks guys.

justin
Hobby shops in Bn...

Guan Hock Lee at Tungku Link
C.H.Hobbies also at Tungku link
Warisan Utama at Jalan Muara (this is a supermarket, but 1st floor full of rc stuffs)
Kawanria at the Mall (2nd floor)
Little M at Batu Besurat

For Traxxas I think I saw it at Guan Hock Lee and for HPI at Warisan Utama.
Old 05-13-2012, 05:07 AM
Zt
Tech Rookie

Hi Dameetz,

Thank you. is C.H. Hobbies in the same stretch as Guan Hock Lee?

Where is batu bersurat?

Cheers,
Justin
Old 05-13-2012, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Zt
Hi Dameetz,

Thank you. is C.H. Hobbies in the same stretch as Guan Hock Lee?

Where is batu bersurat?

Cheers,
Justin
Yes same stretch but different building, Batu Bersurat is just the opposite side of tungku link hiway, but Little M is more of toys stuff and just some bits and pieces of rc stuff, for better choices go to GHL, CH Hobbies and Warisan.
Old 05-13-2012, 05:52 PM
Zt
Tech Rookie

Hey Dameetz,

Thanks. I will look for it the shop when i go bandar.

I have narrowed down into buying either a E-revo or a vorza (now i am kind of leaning the vorza) and maybe a thunder tiger MT4 G3 as well.

Where do people here normally buy their RC at good price from? Online orders or from the shops you mentioned? Do you know whether it would bea any problems for me to get spares for the rc mentioned?

Cheers,
Justin
Old 05-13-2012, 10:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Zt
Hey Dameetz,

Thanks. I will look for it the shop when i go bandar.

I have narrowed down into buying either a E-revo or a vorza (now i am kind of leaning the vorza) and maybe a thunder tiger MT4 G3 as well.

Where do people here normally buy their RC at good price from? Online orders or from the shops you mentioned? Do you know whether it would bea any problems for me to get spares for the rc mentioned?

Cheers,
Justin
It depends bro, normally I would buy locally unless they don't have the one I m looking for. Most of the shops here have a very competitive price compare to online shops (taking into account for shipping cost from overseas order + custom charges if its electronic stuff). Check Warisan, some of their stuffs are cheaper than online shops and they do sell Vorza if I m not mistaken.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:55 PM
Zt
Tech Rookie

Hey Dameetz,

Cool thank you. I will go up and have a look. Planning to get either a Vorza or a HPI E-firestorm Flux. since they are supported in Brunei.

I have been looking on google map for the location of warisan utama. Jalan Muara stretches so long. Can you give an idea around where it is? you mentioned in another post that it was near the singapore army base but I have no idea where it is. Is it near to the airport? If I am travelling along Jalan Muara from the airport I should be able to spot it right?

If you do not mind could you explain a bit on the batteries to me? I am kind of confused. I know batteries come in different sizes and with different plugs. I heard people soldering plugs on. I am looking at turnigy nano-tech batteries to go with the rc i am buying but they all comes with 4mm bullet connector. So if i do a HPI it uses Dean T plugs, do i change the 4mm bullet connector on the battery to Dean plug? And secondly how do i know what size will fit?

Cheers,
Justin

Last edited by Zt; 05-15-2012 at 01:59 AM.
Old 12-07-2014, 05:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Default traxxas in brunei

Hello Guys
I joined up to ask a little bit more about traxxas being sold here in brunei.Like the other asking about asking the same brand,do u have any idea what kind of traxxas model you've seen if ever.I was considering buying online.I an a foreighn worker also saving for family and my hobby.I used to have a BT9HSP, but i alrdy sold it bcos parts are easy to break.Maybe u can help me to buy even used traxxas here in brunei.This is my option only if ever to expensive to buy new one and thanks again guys..
Old 11-17-2017, 04:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi ZT, have a nice day!