Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Week buggy diffs

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 02:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Exclamation Week buggy diffs

Hey there guys heres the problem is it true that the Kyosho inferno buggy has week diffs,i read and tought nothin of it till i stripped the crown wheel and pinion on the rear diff,is there a hop up or stronger set up,has any one had this problem and used another Diff from another buggy this is a mater of emergency as I am racing it on the weekend any ideas from other owners would be great
Old 01-23-2006, 01:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If it's a inferno sport it'll only have two spider gears. Get the kanai or 777 diff gears, they have four spider gears and you'll be pretty unlucky to break them.

If you stripped the pinion gear it sounds like you need to shim the diff. Thin washers are put over the things the dog bones go into (forget the name) to push the diff to the side. Not enough and it strips, too many and it strips, just enough and it'll last for ages.
Old 01-23-2006, 03:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

gotcha there mate 160 dollors later I have replaced the crown and the pinion gears set the back lash to just right (i think)and am ready to race again,I have opted for hardened gears,rather the original alloy ones so we will see how they go
Old 01-23-2006, 05:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i know kyosho stuff is expensive, but damn, $160. But if it's set right it should last the life of the buggy. But $160 is painful, check out rcmart.com, their kyosho stuff is only slightly outrageous...
Old 01-23-2006, 04:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

mate this buggy is now like 777 ive done every thing to it upgrade wise except for what you said about the four gears in the diffs rather than the two so I will be out tracking down for theses now but as it is at the moment Ill have to race it with the two for the time been,it was a sports model but if done the servos pipe suspension drive train (all 3 diffs) crowd pleaser body uni joints in the front Im getting there slowly and I do know i should of just bought the 777 to begin with but hay ive had fun and so as my bank account
Old 01-23-2006, 09:24 PM
Tech Master

with the 777 setup, if everything is shimmed correctly, it should be almost bullet proof, just as strong as anything else on the market....
Old 01-23-2006, 09:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

this the hard part,is it shimmed enough or not?? Back lash is ok my pit mech who
has been a car mechanic for 30 years says ok still Im nervous this is starting to get expensive dont think my bank can take it much longer