High Performance Nitro

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 04:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi mark
Thanx 4 the great service 2day
It was a pleasure 2 drive up from the gong &
Have a chat

I tried the fuel when i got back ( couldn't wait)
& oh my god it has 2 be the best fuel iv'e used
the smoke trail was thin & perfect & the engine temp
waz excellent.Its amazing how much a top fuel mixer
(like yourself) can make in engine power!!!!
Can't wait 2 get the engine mod next

Will let u know how the summernats go next week

Thanx again CHAMP
Old 01-14-2006, 05:40 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Hey Griffo !

Awesome to hear bro ! Its amazing what a difference milo makes ! lol

Hey seriously it was a pleasure chatting with you ! All the best of luck with the summernats ! any questions on anything bro just gimme a call

Cheers

MM
Old 01-15-2006, 11:21 PM
Tech Master

Hey Vemom you got any more of those videos ?
Old 01-16-2006, 03:34 AM
Tech Addict

quick question: if you mod these motors and they are faster and legal, then why don't they do this at the factory ?????
isnt that what everyone wants is to go faster ???
Old 01-16-2006, 03:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ae_ntc3
quick question: if you mod these motors and they are faster and legal, then why don't they do this at the factory ?????
The best i could honestly explain it. In my eyes its the same as 1:1 cars, why dont car makers have cars pushing out 600-1000hp stock??
Old 01-16-2006, 04:04 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hav_lova
The best i could honestly explain it. In my eyes its the same as 1:1 cars, why dont car makers have cars pushing out 600-1000hp stock??
doesnt quite work out, coz 1:1 scale cars are built not for racing. rather for mass production and cost efficiency.

anyway, trying to mod a rtr engine is like trying to mod a Lancer 1.8 to run like a evo7 2.0 litre engine, you can try all sorts of bolt on mods and porting and polishing u want, but it aint gonna get you anywhere

you may aswell start off with a better engine that is already fast and have the internals to handle it.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i was thinking along different lines as you ae_ntc3, has a collari website in his sig so i'd assume hes reffering to highperformance motors, so i was refering to high performance car, but a High performance 1:1 car still doesnt need to push out more then 400HP (Yes a car built for racing ) So my point is why dont the car makers do it? you catch my drift? eh get it drift, talking about cars... and, oh nevermind...
Old 01-16-2006, 04:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hav_lova
i was thinking along different lines as you ae_ntc3, has a collari website in his sig so i'd assume hes reffering to highperformance motors, so i was refering to high performance car, but a High performance 1:1 car still doesnt need to push out more then 400HP (Yes a car built for racing ) So my point is why dont the car makers do it? you catch my drift? eh get it drift, talking about cars... and, oh nevermind...
dont really understad what you are saying but....

why dont car makers do it? cost too much and too uncorfortable to drive with a dog box and metal clutch around the streets of sydney.

why do rc engines produce more power than you can handle? coz its relatively simple and cheap to make and people are prepared to pay a shitload for a fast engine.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BringItOn
dont really understad what you are saying but....

why dont car makers do it? cost too much and too uncorfortable to drive with a dog box and metal clutch around the streets of sydney.

why do rc engines produce more power than you can handle? coz its relatively simple and cheap to make and people are prepared to pay a shitload for a fast engine.
the guy mods engines because he can, and some people want them. what's your point?? this is a hobby some people just like to go fast. others like to turn corners. you know, the poms race lawnmowers in england. go hassle them and ask them why

nah man, no more videos, only the Ray Nagin radio interview....which is pritty revealing about the issues he talked about.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ae_ntc3
There are many ways to answer this question but ill just choose one ( notice im stalling while i think of something profound) ...

Like 1:1 scale cars, if they blue printed them, got them to put out max horse power, with nice exhaust and tranny and diff to support it, a daihatsu charade would end up costing some $40,000.00 to buy as opposed to $13,990.00 drive away no more to pay..( got that from an ad) Same as the cost to develope an engine is incorporated into the cost of its final unit price.. to keep costs down RnD is kept down. Also to make a motor that has conservative port timing will allow the manufacturer to use less expensive raw materials to increase their botom line,, Ive only ever mapped one engine that you couldnt mod ! the rest have something or other to cut out or modify ,
I recently did a 21 V Spec, the owner wanted less aggressive bottom end , linear powerband with extended tops.. Now thats what he needs from his motor, this guy is a good driver and competes in buggys regularly and has decided what will give him the edge.. so i gave him what he wanted by altering the charachteristics of the engine.. hes as happy as a pig in mud ! so Modifying isnt just about getting it to go as fast as possible .. its about getting it to respond the way you want it to (and go as fast as possible)

Also to machine an engine the way you need to in order to get it to perform costs money and time, you would be supprised how many manufacturers cut corners by only doing one pass cutting as opposed to 2 or 3 to do the job correctly, i mean it may only cost them 12 cents to do the extra but time that by 1000 engines a day etc etc you get my drift ... hey there goes that drifting thing again... lol

So ... um yeah thats why we modify engines

Hope this helps
MM

Last edited by MassiveMods; 01-16-2006 at 06:47 AM.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by VenomWorldOrder
the guy mods engines because he can, and some people want them. what's your point?? this is a hobby some people just like to go fast. others like to turn corners. you know, the poms race lawnmowers in england. go hassle them and ask them why

nah man, no more videos, only the Ray Nagin radio interview....which is pritty revealing about the issues he talked about.

LMAO !!! lawn mowers !

Hey Venom send me the political stuff too man .. dont mind a bitto dirt now and again.. interesting stuff.
Old 01-16-2006, 03:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Mark
Was great to meet you yesterday, thanks for the great service and fuel.....i was like Griffo, got home and couldnt wait to give the fuel a test.....filled the car, started it....quick tune.....accckkkk then its pouring rain !!! .....will let you know how it goes it at the Winternats.
Cheers Andy
Old 01-16-2006, 10:04 PM
Tech Master

Hey Andy !

Real nice meeting you too ! I hope it goes well for you , keep me posted on the performance of the fuel !

Cheers
MM

PS LMAO@Winternats ...
Old 01-16-2006, 10:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Oops...lol... .....better make that the Summernats
Old 01-16-2006, 10:35 PM
Tech Adept

Ha ha that happened to me just right now, i have been spending all day changing things on my car then finally i go to give it a drive to see how it is, i start it up put it on the road and then it starts pissing down rain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.