Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Who Does Nitro Motor Rebuilds & Dyno Testing >

Who Does Nitro Motor Rebuilds & Dyno Testing

Who Does Nitro Motor Rebuilds & Dyno Testing

Old 12-13-2005, 05:18 PM
Tech Adept

Default Who Does Nitro Motor Rebuilds & Dyno Testing

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone can recommend companies or individuals that can provide Nitro motor rebuilding services.

I am fairily new to the Nitro R/C scene and do not feel confident enough to strip down and rebuild Nitro motors correctly.

I am aware that it s sometimes cheaper to just buy a new motor, however this seem very wasteful to me and I would hope that maybe some motors could be rebuilt and blueprinted to possibly perform better than new ???

So if anyone can post the contact details of anyone they have used it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jace
Hi All

Just wondering if anyone can recommend companies or individuals that can provide Nitro motor rebuilding services.

I am fairily new to the Nitro R/C scene and do not feel confident enough to strip down and rebuild Nitro motors correctly.

I am aware that it s sometimes cheaper to just buy a new motor, however this seem very wasteful to me and I would hope that maybe some motors could be rebuilt and blueprinted to possibly perform better than new ???

So if anyone can post the contact details of anyone they have used it would be greatly appreciated.

firstly u mean engine. motor refers to electric.

there are no places other than your LHS that do engine rebuilds. joe patane does RB rebuilds.

otherwise it is very easy to do it yourself. i suggest you goto your nearest track and ask people how to do it. where r u located?

generally it is not cost effecient to replace p/s coz when my p/s wear its time to change the rod and bearings aswell... also the crank pin would prob be worn aswell, also the o-rings wont be in great shape either.

also we dont dyno our engines, too many variables and dynos costs thousands. just buy any top of the line engine and you will have more power than u can handle.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:02 AM
Tech Master

Rebuilding an engine is a very simple task.

Here's a link on how to do it - http://www.hpiracing.com/walkthroughs/engrebuild.htm

You can't just replace the piston/sleeve and not replace anything else, assuming that your engine lasted to its maximum potential. In this case, it would be best and more cost efficient to buy a new engine.

Which engine do you have?