Search

2006 Team Orion Summer Nats

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 01:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by danjoy25
I had the same question for VORTEC
They do an ok job. It's not their fault their website says "You can use Sanyo 3000s now!"
Old 11-10-2005, 04:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by danjoy25
I heard that Tomas Buratovich from Greece will be competing on foams in his front and someone on rubbers on his rears

yeah and i heard that one of those "man ladies" from the Phillipines will also be attending Dave Smith told me his/her/it's name was Daniela Garcia
Old 11-10-2005, 04:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by black-knight
Having the odd open tire event in 2006 is ok... TJ Challenge, Summer Nats and the Sydney Gp might be the ones. State titles and any other sanctioned AARCMCC will be on control tire as per the 2006 rules.

As long as we all get to race RC cars at well organised events who cares about the rules.
lol
good point Paul. all this idiotic debate about controlled tyres is useless. let people run what they have brought and through the "law of the strongest" the most popular choice will prevail.

leave controlled tyres for official saction national and state events. all other FUN, NOT FOR SHEEP STATIONS events should be run on open tyres.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:32 PM
Tech Addict

Hi guys,

I have been looking up the maps of the Sydney area and it looks like the track is about 1.5-2hrs from the Sydney airport is this about correct? Also does anyone know when the practice will open on the Friday yet as Im just trying to sort out flights etc. Also will there be AC power readily avialable at this event like the armccc nats etc?

BTW going by the pics the track looks a million bucks!!!!

Thanks
Michael Jones
NZ
Old 11-13-2005, 12:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ixlr8nz
Hi guys,

I have been looking up the maps of the Sydney area and it looks like the track is about 1.5-2hrs from the Sydney airport is this about correct? Also does anyone know when the practice will open on the Friday yet as Im just trying to sort out flights etc. Also will there be AC power readily avialable at this event like the armccc nats etc?

Thanks
Michael Jones
NZ

the track is about 1 hr from the airport maybe slightly more if you have never driven around sydney/wollongong area.

the track is really nice, and technical
Old 11-13-2005, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi guys,

Thanks
Michael Jones
NZ
the club hasnt said any thing yet about times... but it will be open on the friday, you would assume from a reasonable time in the morning ... keep an eye on the clubs web site www.imcc.org.au for this kind of anouncement, if the track is open 240v will be available, the club put on extension leads tables and chairs and cover for 'fly boys' at the winter champs you guess they will do the same for the orion summer nats, but check thge clubs site im sure info will be published there as it becomes available
Old 11-13-2005, 04:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by VenomWorldOrder
the track is about 1 hr from the airport maybe slightly more if you have never driven around sydney/wollongong area.

the track is really nice, and technical
The Westlink M7 should be open by then too.......so if youre from western sydney and dont mind paying the toll it should shave anywhere up to half an hour off the trip
Old 11-13-2005, 07:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Keep an eye out for a fair amount of NZ Drivers coming over, ....and we can use foams.
It would be good to see some more of you Aussies over for the "Hobby Direct Racing Lines International" the week before. Hopefully all of the international stars that you get at your meet will also be at ours, plus some additional ones to boot. It is all looking promising.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:34 PM
Tech Addict

I think I will for sure be coming over for this race. I will be running stock though as mod is just too hard for myself!!!!

That would be great if I could have a table and power etc - I will email the club about this. Will be good to catch up with you contact (Peter?) as I think the last time we talked was at the Aussie nats at Eastern Creek 2003? Seems like a long time ago!

I wont be racing at the NZ International as there is three big events in three weeks and its just too much for a SI competitior

Michael Jones
NZ
Old 11-13-2005, 11:37 PM
Tech Elite

I think I will for sure be coming over for this race. I will be running stock though as mod is just too hard for myself!!!!

That would be great if I could have a table and power etc - I will email the club about this. Will be good to catch up with you contact (Peter?) as I think the last time we talked was at the Aussie nats at Eastern Creek 2003? Seems like a long time ago!

I wont be racing at the NZ International as there is three big events in three weeks and its just too much for a SI competitior

Michael Jones
NZ

hahahaha "ay bro" oww man i can't wait, you guys are gonna cop so many kiwi jokes!! ...."ay"

"Sweet as" see you here. ay, just one more thing, we race for sheep stations here, NOT SHEEP OK!?

maybe you guys can bring down King Kapisi to do some live sets for us at the track
Old 11-14-2005, 12:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Jeez, straight after the last NZ poster came the sheep jokes. That was a bit too quick
Old 11-14-2005, 12:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VenomWorldOrder
hahahaha "ay bro" oww man i can't wait, you guys are gonna cop so many kiwi jokes!! ...."ay"

"Sweet as" see you here. ay, just one more thing, we race for sheep stations here, NOT SHEEP OK!?

maybe you guys can bring down King Kapisi to do some live sets for us at the track
LOL cher brother! Catch you there oww . Bring the Bro Town DVD "Bloody sick kids, Im going to the pubz I may be sometime !"

Last edited by Davo; 11-14-2005 at 04:26 AM.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Michael Jones
NZ
too true are you still running the home grown chassis?
Old 11-14-2005, 04:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Burlap
Jeez, straight after the last NZ poster came the sheep jokes. That was a bit too quick
ay man, when you find an oportunity, you have to jump on the back of it,... and i'm not talking about the sheeps backend
Old 11-14-2005, 11:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Not one thing all you guys said made sense until you mentioned "bro town".
Now your talking. Thats some funny shit
Don't forget there are just as many jokes about Australians on this side of the Tasman that we will be more than happy to break out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.