Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good nitro fuel available in Aus?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 01:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Good nitro fuel available in Aus?

I was wondering what people are using that's readily available for both on and offroad and what in your opinions is the best out there
Old 08-13-2015, 03:38 PM
Rax
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fizzy
I was wondering what people are using that's readily available for both on and offroad and what in your opinions is the best out there
Most of the guys I know here in WA have moved to RB Nitro fuels, they have a reliable supplier and we've had zero dramas using it.
Old 08-13-2015, 06:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

This is one of those questions where people's brand loyalty plays a big part. As long as you stick with a reputable brand you really shouldn't have any issues. My experience has been in 1/10 Onroad, and I have used both AT Platinum, and Nitro X successfully. I know that Nitro X is stocked by Hobbies Australia, so your local should be able to source it for you.
Old 08-13-2015, 06:56 PM
Tech Addict

I'm currently using nitrox and have zero issues with it my only thing is my engines seem a bit dry after they have been run is this normal?
Old 08-13-2015, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'm currently using nitrox and have zero issues with it my only thing is my engines seem a bit dry after they have been run is this normal?
This will be to do with the types of oils they use in the fuel. I like to see a good coating left behind seeing our engines are two stroke. I have used a few different brands over they years and even mixed my own using different oils. My choice at the moment is RB and I am happy to support Joe and the team at JPM Racing. It will be a sad day once the stock is used up now that RB Products has closed.

BB
Old 08-13-2015, 07:47 PM
Tech Addict

There doesn't seem to be prices listed on their website do they sell to general public? I can add the items to my cart and get shipping quote but that is as far as it goes. One of my lhs stocks Byrons does anyone have any experience with it?
Btw Bundy thanks for your help on the plug issue I ended up finding out that the o.s. Plugs do work on the Orion which made things a lot easier
Thanks again

Last edited by fizzy; 08-13-2015 at 07:59 PM.
Old 08-13-2015, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

There doesn't seem to be prices listed on their website do they sell to general public? I can add the items to my cart and get shipping quote but that is as far as it goes. One of my lhs stocks Byrons does anyone have any experience with it?
Btw Bundy thanks for your help on the plug issue I ended up finding out that the o.s. Plugs do work on the Orion which made things a lot easier
Thanks again
Fizzy: Good to hear about the glow plugs, OS should be easy to get too which is always good

JPM Racing do have a retail side through http://eastcoasthobbies.com.au/index...ategory&path=8 and will ship Australia wide.

BB
Old 08-13-2015, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I am super new to Nitro, so I will just be brand loyal and say Nitro-X, also had 0 issues so far and always available in different percentages

Available from NBHC
http://www.nbhc.com.au/nitro-x-hp173-30-4-litre-in-shop-only-bthp173-30//
Old 08-13-2015, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I have used them all.....RB, NitroX all with good success.

Recently switched to VP and have been super impressed with the internals of my engines

http://www.walterrchobby.com.au/index.php/fuel.html
Old 08-14-2015, 01:06 AM
Tech Addict

I'm in Melbourne and freight to Melbourne through Walter is $192 excluding fuel seems a bit much to me where as the link Bundy posted I've ordered 4litres to try and a few other bits and pieces postage is only $20 I think that's really good for 4litres of fuel delivered to my door for around $60 excluding the few other bits I got, it will be a shame to run the Rb and have the supply dry up like stated earlier if I'm happy with it.
I really would like to try the vp fuel I'm hoping I might be able to get it through a Melbourne supplier just waiting to hear back from them. On a side note is there any risk in running different fuels through the same engine every now and then? I think I read somewhere on rctech it should be fine it's prob best to idle a tank through the engine to allow all the new fuel to give everything a good coating or something like that.