Old 10-24-2002, 03:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by ant
vortec is electric as well
it sounds like a good idea for the intercub series
i think contact tj and bk might have somthing
like that in the wind mabey you should have a chat to one of them
Actually VORTEC has been a successful electric series for a while now. This year we started the Nitro version for the same reasons the electric section was started, to promote a std set of classes across the state and to promote healthy interclub interaction.

With the rapid growth of the Nitro Tourer (NT) class, the AARCMCC/IFMAR NT class did not cover what 80% of the guys in the street were running. So 4 classes were created within the NT class, Pro being the 'top' class and almost identical to the IFMAR NT class.

I'd say it has been a success, most clubs in Victoria are running these classes now, and the first interclub series has been run with good participation from the clubs.

If other states are considering a VORTEC style system then you could do worse than look at the VORTEC rules and classes.
Not sure if it would be a big plus, but it would be good if there was conformity on a national level.

DC
Old 10-24-2002, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

whilst nothings perfect and people will always have a whinge, nsw would do well to look at the success vortec seems to have had... maybe roorda needs a bit of on road life breathed into it?

then perhaps vortec, orca qld(who also seem to have it together), and roorda could talk to aarcmcc completing the cycle .... and bring ying and yang in to balance (i just dont seem to be able to refrain for sartrical humour... thats not the ying and yang comment either!!! )

i think its possible

muugen - morebank is not the only club with a depth of experience, i believe fastolfart and tj just to name a couple have been involved with r/c and running meetings for a little while (no disrespect ment to you or morebank muugen)... knowledge and talent are not the issue its the will power and organisation that is probably more lacking
Old 10-24-2002, 06:30 PM
Tech Addict

Ah Ok I didn't see anything on the electric Vortec series on the Melbourne site (probly cause they don't run electric there ?)

Contact- I mentioned in the quote above I wasn't refering to electric clubs as far as standards were concerned. Obviously they have been running for a long time and have there act together very well. Its nitro thats new, and as I understand Moorebank is the only place that NSW nitro titles are run ( could well be wrong , but thats what I was refering to ).

I'm all for adopting existing Vortec ect guideliness, but then it should also be democratic when changing things and all clubs involved, throughout whichever state, should be involved in a balot.

Back to the mixed series thing though, I tend to think it would be much more succesfull If the whole club shuts down there local meet and trecks of together to another club for a round of the "NORTEC" series which should also be a round of their local series, and also a sheduled round of the hosting clubs series.
It would also mean reducing the classes, 3 nitro is more than enough, which already puts it out of sinc with vortec. Maybe just scrap one of their existing classes and conform with the rest.

You'll never get everyone to go but as long as all the usual locals run your guaranteed a decent turnout, and eventualy it would grow.

ant- This idea has been discussed many times, I think there used to be a long thread on this forum about it. 12 months ago I thought BK and Contact would have had a series arranged for 2003 for sure
Theres no dought it would only take 1 or 2 focused people to arrange the whole very succesfully. You provide the racing and the people will come.
But then everyone relies on having everything provided to them and it would only take that 1 or 2 people to get the shits with it and the whole thing would fall in a heap !!

You need a number of people from all the clubs to get involved to be enthusiastic about the idea.

Having said all that maybe the best way to start is just to get two clubs to arrange a day to run at each others track, then start arranging the next one with 3 clubs involved and so on.
Everyone from any club is invited to the meet, just 2 clubs organise it to start .
Old 10-24-2002, 06:39 PM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

All it takes is for a rep from all the local clubs to get together over a beer or 10 and to challenge eachother to find out who's club is fastest.
rjl
Old 10-24-2002, 06:40 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I agree that the Vortec system is worth a look as a good example of what is possible where there is a will. i suggest that Everyone contributing to this thread please go to teh Vortec site and have agood read - not just at the class that interests you but at the whole thing http://vortec.iwarp.com We (Qld) had a good look at Vortec earlier this year and have had a very productive year as a result and moving toward common classes at clubs and hopefully a meaningful interclub series in 2003.

ps we don't follow the rules to the letter especially teh rubbers
Old 10-24-2002, 07:20 PM
Tech Addict

They pretty much got it all covered

hows this ? we just use their-
-Elec.
Touring Car Super Stock
Touring Car Pro Stock
Touring Car Modified
-Nitro
Pro Stock
Sport
Pro

NORTEC
6 class series all held on same day
open tyres except for bottom class

3 5minute qualifiers
5 & 15 minute finals (time permitting)

There 90% of the work done

just a sec I'll find me a calender
Old 10-24-2002, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

thanks heavyd... just what i was waiting for a reference to rubber tyres!! ready berescoe its on a gain the rubber tyre debate!

seriously... just how many clubs are represented here?

imcc, mingara, raceway, northside, occasionally morebank (please excuse my igronance if i miss someone)... thats not many out of the dozens that exist in nsw....

i think im right in saying that vortec started out with 3 clubs and snowballed from there.

as for closing down club days, not everyone wants to travel but i see that as a 1 way to encourage coordination amongst clubs

bk, tj and myself have been looking at options we even have a DRAFT set of regs + unused dates (based on what was free this year), more people as this thread bears evidence, are interested so its treading water untill the way is clear

IMHO i think its better to work with what is already in place, that may mean furthur discussions with different people need to take place.....
Old 10-24-2002, 08:30 PM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

This might start something.
I bet a dollar Victoria would come out victorious if an inter-state comp on VORTEC guidelines were held.
Old 10-24-2002, 10:05 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Sorry Contact definitely don't want this thread to be turned into a debate on rubber tyres - there's a place for that. We run rubber tyres for teh bottom two classes in Electric at State Titles level and some of teh clubs follow that line and others don't. It's a simple on liner in teh entry form for each major event to let people know what the club does.

I agree that Vic started with 3 clubs and grew from there and that's exactly what NSW needs to do - hence my question yesterday - How do you eat an elephant - start with small bites.

If you get a couple of clubs on line and more come in then it will also help solve teh problem of people not wanting to be in clubs - they'll want to be where the action is. That's been our experience in ORRCA this year clubs wanting to join in and members wanting to join clubs. Above all remember whatever you do or organise it's got to be a pleasant place to be and a great experience or people won't come, RC is competeing for peoples leisure time against an increasingly brilliant array of leisure activities.
Old 10-24-2002, 10:12 PM
Tech Addict

The onroad electric & nitro ( out of racing lines )

Brookvale
Coffs Harbour
Illawarrah
Lithgow
Lismore
Liverpool
Mingara
Murwillumbah
Newcastle wallsend
Penrith
Tamworth
(I know theres gotta be more not listed )

Comming from a Sydney club, I would only expect people to travel to

Brookvale
Illawarah
Liverpool
Lithgow
Mingara
Newcastle
Penrith

you really only need about 6 venues, but all clubs are invited to participate
I don't think you would get many people travelling further than a few hours regularly or at all. And It would be unfair to close down a local meet expecting people to go further than this.
You want one day events including travel.

further venues could be included, and the series could be calculated on your best e.g. 5 results so you don't have to attend locations to far from your club/home.

If you don't close your local meet obviously all the organisers have to stay back to run it and the majority will shorly take the easy option and stay back aswell. The idea is to get a complete club team spirit happening, and not just the handfull of die-hard top level drivers getting involved.
Old 10-24-2002, 10:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Good discussion here guys, i am glad to see Interstate clubs are recognising the effect which the standardised VORTEC rules have had here in Victoria.

Our numbers have trippled at TFTR in the past few years, many new racers.

The Electric arm of Vortec has been running for around 2 years now, and the rules have been slightly tweaked between seasons to cater for what the racers want.

You can now go to any club in Victoria, running the same rules, same tires/ motors etc and enjoy a great days racing without the dramas of having to change your car over to a different set of rules.
Old 10-24-2002, 10:36 PM
Tech Master

Should also make room for a class for Brushless. I know not many people have them but if there is a class for them I know all the people I talk to will go buy one tomorrow if they knew it would be supported.

All these people going on about making the sport cheaper, and bulk at the Brushless. I think it’s a no brainer.

Coxy.
Old 10-24-2002, 10:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

I think we discussed it a while ago at tftr, perhaps for 2004?..

it would be run along side Modified, as an alternative class..

i know most Mod guys at tftr will switch..

the prospect of faster motors, greater runtime, zero maintenance must appeal to everyone who races mod.
Old 10-25-2002, 07:12 AM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

What would be the outcome of a 6min heat IFMAR spec NT-v-Electric?
Old 10-25-2002, 07:33 AM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

Vortec is a little odd in that it's actually a co-operation between the clubs and the trade.
If all the vocal ppl here put as much energy into co-operation as complaint there would be little to complain about.
rjl

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.