Wiki Posts
Search

V8 Supercars

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 03:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Bring Back Group "C"

Lets go back to the old Group "C" days, anyone remember that! Brock and Johnston driving cars that resembeled cars you actually drove on a daily basis, V8 supercars while popular now, is nothing like what we drive now on the road, just a purpose built race car with either a holden or a ford body shell on it.

Me personnally, I liked the 1984 VK brock commodore at bathurst, now that was a weapon.......I used to have a version of one (ex chaser bought in '85) manual steering, 4 speed, 90k in first, now THAT was a fun car to drive, motor rebuilt by Bargwanna's in Como, (Jason's uncle), 6500 RPM all the time...... (a single tear runs down my cheek, lol)

I even have a little peice of the side skirt framed with a picture of it, which I got back from the guy I sold it too in '98 after he wrapped it around a tree!!!

Ah memories.......
Old 10-10-2005, 04:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I think it`s great that the RED Cars won......

But I also think that Furfy caused the accident between himself and Ambrose.
I`ve just looked up the word DICKHEAD in my dictionary and guess what, There is a picture of Murphy there..

ding
Old 10-10-2005, 06:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by StasI
Think back to the hardie farodo 500 when the drivers use to drive the cars on cheese cutters , beening thrown all over the seat thats what you call REAL drivers not like now a days with the full race seats and slicks and all the techonogly there only going about 5 secs fasters anyways
Without the chase.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:10 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Atomix
So many people so passionate about Taxi's.
Never a truer word spoken in jest.
OHC and injection.
Hybrid electric is where it has to go.The sooner the better.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hologram
Without the chase.
That would have being insane.

Did anyone else see the in-car footage of the 'Tyre and Wheel' vs Craig Lowndes incident. That was also pretty insane.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hologram
Hybrid electric is where it has to go.The sooner the better.
No way. Bring on the Hydrogen engine any day
Old 10-10-2005, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lineburner
If someone drove around the outside of you in an R/C race then turned in & cut you off would you call it a HACK I sure would. No-one doubts that Ambrose is a good driver but he needs to respect the other drivers on the track as well. They have just as much right to be there. There's a rule that says you must be past the B pillar & when we looked at the #1 Pirtek falcon after the race in the scruiteneering area (well I think it was a falcon ) the only mark on the left side was on the FRONT door?? Therefore that confrims Ambrose is a HACK
Only prob Chris is the track was actually going left. Pitty spud chose to run into the car that was ahead of him instead of turning.

Once he stuffed up turn two and Ambrose was past him he knew he had no chance and if there was one car/driver he didn't want in front of him at race end it was the No1 car.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:16 PM
Tech Addict

Location: If Nissan Motorsport is Nismo, Then Honda Motorsport must be Homo

Originally Posted by DIMO
whats that ure BOSS 290 threatening to let go and 5500rpm, or the 351 which was a hand grenade, put ure foot down is like pulling the pin out..LOL.. And the Gen III, Gen IV and Holden 5.0litre go to the 6500rpm limiter all day long

BTW, the Top Loader and 9inch diff werent exaclty GT FORD items they were truck orientated, and the Super T-10(chev version of M21) was far superior to the Top Loader..

As for the V8 they stopped using the chev 3-4years ago, its the Aurora spec 5.0litre 90' V8, the chev was an 80'V8..

p.s. Larry Perkins has been buildings his own 304 V8s since Castrol Perkins Racing incarnation.....

All in all...Holden are still the undisputed kings of the mountain...

And if my memory serves me right... the AU Falcon never won a bathurst...and either will the BA with the release of BF next year....better luck next time
I think it's pretty boring nowadays with only Holden and Ford battling it out. Bring back the R32 GTR's to the mountain. That'll make it a bit more intersting.!!

How good was it to see the GTR's featured in that SuperCheap add !!!!
Old 10-10-2005, 10:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b3n
Did anyone else see the in-car footage of the 'Tyre and Wheel' vs Craig Lowndes incident. That was also pretty insane.
That incar fotage was awesome, pity it wasn't shown in the telecast on sunday though
Old 10-10-2005, 11:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kennedy
I think it's pretty boring nowadays with only Holden and Ford battling it out. Bring back the R32 GTR's to the mountain. That'll make it a bit more intersting.!!

How good was it to see the GTR's featured in that SuperCheap add !!!!

I think the diehard fans on the mountain would have something to say about that? Think about the year mark skaife and jim richards won in the skyline...
Old 10-10-2005, 11:15 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by hav_lova
I think the diehard fans on the mountain would have something to say about that? Think about the year mark skaife and jim richards won in the skyline...
exactly. Found this footage today of Bathurst 90.

Clicky
Old 10-10-2005, 11:27 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ford_racing
That incar fotage was awesome, pity it wasn't shown in the telecast on sunday though
it was from the camera they use to evaluate incidents post race and only records to an onboard hard drive.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

No footage of Jim richards on the drivers stand?

Can't remember it exactly but i think it went along the lines of "Your all a pack of a**holes!" Gotta love what the ferals can do to a otherwise good bloke
Old 10-10-2005, 11:37 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Kennedy
exactly. Found this footage today of Bathurst 90.

Clicky
I saw that car racing at wakefield earlier this year and it got flogged by newer and older ATCC cars like the M3. the nissan was running last for most of the day even the 2L super tourers were beating him for a while.

GTR

M3

98 Falcon
Old 10-10-2005, 11:49 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Monaro_Racing
I saw that car racing at wakefield earlier this year and it got flogged by newer and older ATCC cars like the M3. the nissan was running last for most of the day even the 2L super tourers were beating him for a while.

GTR

M3

98 Falcon

But you have to admit that the GTR did an awesome job..even with it's Boost restrictions and extra weight forced upon it.....and then eventually getting banned for being too quick. Damn shame.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.