Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
the wild and wacky world of motor brushes >

the wild and wacky world of motor brushes

the wild and wacky world of motor brushes

Old 09-22-2005, 05:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default the wild and wacky world of motor brushes

When I started racing, there was but one shape of motor brush. You could get Silver ones that went fast and wore out your motor, or slow ones that lasted for ever.

Now

We have round ones (Orion V2)
Uprrights, like the ones on a Reedy Ti.
Laydowns, like on a Trinity Monster Stock.
P94's, like on Trinity's P94's.
We even have motors that don't have brushes!!

Here's my question...

Are the Brushes on a Reedy Kr the same size and thoes on a Trinity P94, and are the Trinity D6 and Cobol brushes the same size and the P94 Brushes?
Old 09-22-2005, 06:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

My basic understanding of it is (I could be wrong here) is that the P94 brush system brushes are squarer opposed to normal stand up brushes (like your Reedy ones) which are more rectangular. Im pretty sure all Trinity mods from the P94 onwards use the P94 brush system, including D6's, Cobalt, the new Epic Shock motors etc.

The brushes that came in the Cobalt are still P94 Brushes, but are made from the new XXX compund which is meant to last for ages, be easier on the comm etc. Which from my experiences they do seem to be a significant improvement over the Standard compound, I ran one set of brushes at the worlds through practice, qualifying and finals.

To make it more confusing, there is a new hexagonal shaped P94 brush available.....
Old 10-12-2005, 06:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default brushes

The P94 does not fit any other hood other than the size its for...The Shock, D6,etc and the hopup end bell. the octagon silver xxx is excellant for most mod P94 applications,,
If you have a serrating tool,,, u can use the xxx stand up as a laydown and vice versa
the cobalt and Krypton, Titanium,etc.. brushes are all the same..i use a tool to make sure the hoods are just right, so as the brushes sit snugley...
cheers
mike