Search

2005 Offroad Worlds Results

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default 2005 Offroad Worlds Results

Hey ppl.

Ok just thought i would make another thread with some results.

4wd
Ryan Cavalieri -- BJ4
Neil Cragg -- Yokomo
Ryan Maifield -- BJ4 (TQ)
Billy Easton Losi -- XX4
Masami Hirosaka -- Yokomo
Peter Pinisch -- Durango
Craig Drescher -- BJ4
Paul Bradby -- Yokomo?
Jesse Robbers -- Losi XX4
Atsushi Hara -- Durango

Now on to the aussies.

49th--Matt Griffin -- BJ4

58th--Josh Pain -- Losi

82nd--Craig Laughton -- Losi
88th--Matt Iverach -- Losi?
89th--Matt Primmer -- Losi?

97th--Andrew Molketin -- Losi
98th--Andrew Selvaggi -- BJ4

Congrats to all, now for 2wd!!!

Glenn
Old 08-09-2005, 03:40 PM
Tech Champion

do people still race off road ???
Old 08-09-2005, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

Hey.

hahaha, well they had a L final in 4wd last night!

Glenn
Old 08-09-2005, 04:23 PM
TJ
Tech Champion

I reckon that Paul will be back and racing in off-road in 12 months time.
I like the new Kysho but I think I'll wait till Tamiya brings there TRF- DF02 out.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:30 PM
Tech Master

Heya Trev.

So will you be racing at the NSW titles this weekend????

The new Kyosho looks pretty good, but i still prefer my BJ4, it is the WC now :P

I don't like the new JRX4 losi much tho!~

Glenn
Old 08-09-2005, 04:32 PM
TJ
Tech Champion

I'll be down at the track but I wont be racing.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Man Cavalieri is unstoppable at the moment!

He won the 1/8th off-road ROAR Nats not long ago, too
Old 08-10-2005, 11:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

lol you think Ryan Cav is unstopable, you should have been there man, the mains were insane, a fair bit of tapping here and there, but in true Cavaleri style he pushed his way through the field in A1 after a few unluchy crashes from Masami, Ryan Mayfield amd a few other drivers, but he easily won it

in A2 the battle was actually between Mayfield and Hirosaka, with Neil Cragg right behind them, then Masami tapped Mayfield sending them both into a pipe which put Neil infront, he held the lead for a while but then crashed after the masive tabletop infront of the drivers stand which put both Mayfierld and Masami infront again, but while all of this was happening Cavaleri had snuck up on both of the front drivers and was challenging for the lead. On the next lap masami had a big off over the tripples giving mayfield some breathing room. At about the half way mark mayfield had a little run in with the pipe (the laughton pipe for the NSW people) allowing Cavaleri to catch up and get the lead. From there on in it was an epic battle for the lead and the front two had opened up a considerable gap from the rest of the field, there were a few taps here and there from Mayfield as he tried to make the "I'll run over your car" move, but Cavaleri stayed cool calm and collected and on the last lap Mayfield had a massive blow out letting Cavaleri get the extra lap to win the world champs 2 years running

in A3 it was a clean start by all the drivers not like the other mains here with was a first corner pile up alot of the time. Mayfield got the early lead but as usual the master himself Masami was right there keeping him honest, but like A1 masami crashed on the table top letting Losi driver Billy Easton and Team AE and Yokomo driver Neil Cragg through, the order stayed like that for alot of A3 with Mayfield looking like he was going to wrap it up, meanwhile behind him Easton and Cragg were still going at it, after a mistake over the tabletop Easton let Neil through. Still Mayfield looked like he was going to take the win, but after a mistake in the midfield "S" carpet section he let Neil catch right up. For the next lap or two both Mayfield and Neil were going at it nose to tail, but a mistake on the sweaper leading onto to the straight by Mayfield let Neil infront, that was at about the 1 min mark. Neil opened up a 2 second gap with only 2 laps to go, but Mayfield looking like he was driving on razor blades cought up and was once again a nose to tail battle. On the last lap, Mayfield once again had a blow out on the infield "S" section letting Neil get the last lap.

Over all it was really really exciting, you really have to be there to see how fast these guys really are, video doesnt do them any justice!!!

Oh on a side note i hope to do better in 2wd as my stuff got lost in transit in singapore, and didnt arrive untill qualifying day so i had to get a new car and borrow alot of equipment.
I would like to thank JConcepts for hooking me up with a car to run and LRP for the speedy and reciever

2wd update coming soon
Old 08-11-2005, 02:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

it was an action packed day at the track today, with 2wd practice in full swing, there were about 120 drivers all shooting for the 2wd world championship.

after a few rounds of practice and testing with different setupos and what not, it was clear who was going to be fast, much as we expected guys like Cavaleri, Cragg, Amezcua, Tebo, Mayfield, Francis........ they were all hooked up, but the track had alot of the teams and drivers scratching thier heads over setup, as in the morning the track was smooth as but after the first few runs it broke up like in 4wd. As a result the pit area was more like a library, thinking about setups, using different parts, very quiet and very focused.
Then the last round of practiced was controled and would show the men from the boys, and would also who would be in what qualifying heats.
Currently in the A-main qualifying heat there are 7 Associated FT B4's and 3 Losi BK1's (yes the original BK)

Currently Neil Cragg is the provisional TQ, the pomm had his car going fast around the track with the rather large pot holes not even effecting his car in the slightest.
As the last heat of controled practice made thier way off the track its literally started pooring rain, thank god they have a massive tarp to cover the track with, it was much like wqatching the tennis or the cricket when it rains and watching the ground crew cover the court/pitch.

1 more round of practice tomorrow and then 4 rounds of qualifying, it will be interesting to see how the two teams do, but i would also look out for marc pavidis with his new kyosho prototype.

The aussies are doing good atm, with Craig Laughton in like 50th atm

More updates tomorrow
Old 08-11-2005, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Thanks for the update Andrew. Keep them coming... and good luck too!
Old 08-12-2005, 01:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Go Vaggi!

To all the rest of us stuck at home, try this forum for results and photos.

http://www.mini-zone.com/forum

(---> competitions --> direct live --> 2wd results)

Good luck guys!

Last edited by Low Voltage; 08-12-2005 at 05:13 AM.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Thanks

VAGGI, you the man..

thanks for taking the time out to post us mair mortals some info it is much appreciated.... Good luck and give craig laughton a smack in the mouth for me

Tod TROWER
alais Officer TOD
Old 08-12-2005, 07:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

looks like the Losi's can't work on a track that doesn't resemble onroad with jumps.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Just a quick update from my perspective. Little unfortunate in 4wd, broke the car in the 2nd heat whilst on a really good run, ended up in the J final. the track broke up really hard and I couldnùt get the setup to suit. Ran the diff in the car for the first time as it was definatly a diff track. At the end of the day the car was evil to drive.

2wd is going a bit better, not sure exactly where I am in qualifying after 4 rounds but its about 80th which Iùm pretty happy about. Iùve learnt heaps since Iùve been here and will come back to Aus as a heaps better driver. it looks as though we could have 4 aussies in the same final! Team Barra has some plans for the finals to make then somewhat spectacular and very fun!

Have had the time of my life here though it has been so good and would recommend it to anyone. The practice days are extrmely hectic though!

Tomorrow is 2wd finals day. Iùd put my money on Cavalieri to do the double. He is an amazing driver. Bit disapointed the NSW titles are on this weekend as it will be one of thie first Iùve ever missed since ive been racing, same too with Oran Park V8ùs, havenùt missed that in like 10 years

Ciao

Andrew
Old 08-12-2005, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default molky

ygpm

mike keyes , perth

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.