Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Northern Beaches...Beach Racing

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 12:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mrbrick789
Hey, i heard about your idea of racing when i bought some paddle tires at Northern Beaches Hobbies and i think it sounds great. The guy in the shop said you were looking for some people and directed me to this forum. Anyway it sounds fun but what beach will you hold it at?
Hi, usually either Bilgola, Whale, or Palm. What type of car do you have?
Old 05-15-2014, 01:46 AM
Tech Adept

So a few guys have asked what I'm running on the beach.

It a HPI Savage XS SS. It runs a Viper non censored ESC, with a HW 4000kv 4 pole motor. Tires are HPI Sand Thower 2.2. Servo is a ProTek HT.

Because I wanted to be able to run the car continuously, I brought a couple of cooling items. The motor is mounted to a Hot Racing motor mount. This mount has 3 separate cooling fins to disperse the heat. The other item is an Integy heat sink and fan. I made a small cut out in the outer plastic cover to accommodate the fan.

I mostly run on 2s which gives a top speed of 62km/h on sand. This is with the shortest gearing available for the car. With this setup, there is no need to stop and cool the car. On 3s it will top out at 75km/h on sand, but runs a little hotter. I measured these speeds with a GPS.

Here is an Instagram pic to show the inside.
Attached Thumbnails Northern Beaches...Beach Racing-img_1382.jpg   Northern Beaches...Beach Racing-img_1383.jpg  
Old 06-01-2014, 12:50 AM
Tech Adept

Sharing a couple of good photo's from this weekends run.
Attached Thumbnails Northern Beaches...Beach Racing-img_1683.jpg   Northern Beaches...Beach Racing-img_1684.jpg  
Old 07-14-2014, 02:22 AM
Tech Adept

Hi guys...been away from the beach for a few weeks, busy with work. In the mean time I have painted up a new body. Stuck to simple white.

If anyone wants to meet up for a beach bash over the next few weeks, just pm me, or text 0403578306.

Tim.
Attached Thumbnails Northern Beaches...Beach Racing-img_1988.jpg  
Old 07-18-2014, 10:55 PM
Tech Adept

Morning beach bash
Attached Thumbnails Northern Beaches...Beach Racing-img_2009.jpg   Northern Beaches...Beach Racing-img_2011.jpg   Northern Beaches...Beach Racing-img_2013.jpg   Northern Beaches...Beach Racing-img_2017.jpg   Northern Beaches...Beach Racing-img_2027.jpg  

Old 07-18-2014, 10:57 PM
Tech Adept

Attached Thumbnails Northern Beaches...Beach Racing-img_2032.jpg   Northern Beaches...Beach Racing-img_2034.jpg   Northern Beaches...Beach Racing-img_2046.jpg   Northern Beaches...Beach Racing-img_2053.jpg  
Old 04-08-2015, 01:02 AM
Tech Adept

Giving this post a bump to spark some interest. Have move to Pennant Hills but still make it to the beach every few weeks.