Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Greater Western Sydney RC Car Club

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 10:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hi looking forward to the first raceday, it will also be mine and a few others first raceday. does the timing equipment have transponders provided? this may be a silly question but you know, first timer, if we need to get them it wont be a problem but not in time for tomoro, we will work something out
c u there!
cheers
oldenuff
Old 03-22-2014, 01:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey guys see you all at about 8.30 tomorrow. Early start for us out west but well worth it.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Its all done all good for the first race day hope as many of you as possible can make it out for a fun first day.
Rego will be open @ 8:00am free practice from 9:00 - 10:00am
Depending on numbers 3 heats and a final to be run per class
BBQ breakfast and lunch available and some light drinks
Hope to see you all
Old 03-22-2014, 01:14 PM
Tech Adept

Good luck with evetything today Ben.
I can't get a leave pass to come racing. I spent yesterday at the PDNR Bunnings BBQ & tonight at a committee meeting for PDNR.
She doesn't get that this is a different club and I should be able to go and play.
She puts it all under the same heading of "toy cars".
Hopefully get down to take a look.

Cheers Bruiser
Old 03-23-2014, 12:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Race Meet

Gday Ben, congrats on your first meeting,was very much enjoyed by myself and other members from the Castle Hill club. Im sure most of us will be back again,as a track like Whalan is hard to come by these days,and is great for a club day,and future big meetings. Loved racing F1,trying to get those apexes right every lap,and remembering to turn at he end of the straight

Cheers, Ian Webber
Old 03-23-2014, 01:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

HEY TO ALL

Well first day run and done.

I hope all enjoyed the day as I know I did, different to be on this side of the table but loved it just as much.

This first day did not happen without a lot of help so I would like to thank Will Shield, Amanda Jones, Matt Oxford and Tanya Burrows for cooking all day and running around to grab the stuff I forgot (rookie) and all the boys who gave a hand in the painting yesterday and blowing down of the whole place. Also big thanks to the Penrith electric boys for the use of the decoder and transponders.

A massive thank you must go to Trevor Johnstone from (CHR) with the setting up and first lesson of the timing gear as without this today would not have been possible to go as smooth as it did so again thank you.

And the biggest thank you goes out to all that came down from various different clubs far and wide and supported the new club by racing today I hope that most can find the time to continue to come down and enjoy the racing and spread the word that it is on at Greater Western Sydney RC Car Club.
Old 03-23-2014, 02:12 AM
Tech Regular

Smile

Hi guys great first day racing , a real eye opener for a first timer, dnf in the final for novice ( front right cv failure ) but stoked with 20.8 sec lap , the only way is up
till next time
cheers
oldenuff

Last edited by oldenuff; 03-23-2014 at 02:13 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-23-2014, 02:18 AM
Tech Master

Well done Ben and all involved. Track was awesome and the day ran smoothly. Thanks to all the guys in f1. Was good clean racing. And the guys in 21.5 well done. Had a ball and will be back next race day for sure! Was well worth getting up at 5am for this!
Pat
Old 03-23-2014, 02:31 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Ben. Congratulations and a big thank you for a great day.
We are looking forward to your future race meetings.
Regards, PK.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:12 AM
Tech Master

Any photos from today? I didn't even think to take any.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Thanks Ben for a getting this place going again. I am sure we all had a great time and the meet was very relaxed compared to some I have attended.

Had a great time in 21.5, but forgot how punishing the kerbs can be. A big thankyou to Peter for helping me sort out my car and spending time after the meet helping me get my lines sorted on the track and adjusting my radio.

Perhaps we may see mini's next time on the short track.

I will be back for more fun in two weeks time.

Regards,

Calvin.
Old 03-23-2014, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

Hey Ben is the next meeting in 2 weeks or 3 so its back to every 2nd Sunday of the month. ? Cheers pat
Old 03-23-2014, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mad Speednut
Gday Ben, congrats on your first meeting,was very much enjoyed by myself and other members from the Castle Hill club. Im sure most of us will be back again,as a track like Whalan is hard to come by these days,and is great for a club day,and future big meetings. Loved racing F1,trying to get those apexes right every lap,and remembering to turn at he end of the straight

Cheers, Ian Webber

+1 Well done to Ben & all involved to make the day an enjoyable one, and running a smooth race meeting for his first time.
Looking forward to the next meeting in 2 weeks time.

Cheers
Rob.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:36 PM
Tech Adept

We have a 5 weekend month, so the next race day will be Sunday the 13th of April. And again I will be working, going to have to have a word with Ben to change the weekends so I can race, lol.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:40 AM
Tech Regular

hi guys Sorry Matt But I thought the next meet was in a fortnight on the 6th of April, at least thats what Ben told me in the afternoon , if its changed thats cool anyway ( didnt want to wait another week though ) either way Matt bring your mugen down for another saturday arvo run if possible and we will see if we can recreate another full speed back straight vacuum crash without contact ?! (Yes it somehow happened) til then
cheers
oldenuff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.